1.5.7 MiG-29 HUD is now dirty/too dark?

Pronin

For some reason in 1.5.7, the MiG-29 HUD has like a "baked on" reflection and it looks horrible.

It makes it look like the HUD is dirty. It's darker and harder to see through now. I would see if I could remove it via a mod, but we all know mods don't work online anymore....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

This happened in my A10C

It was HUD and canope mods,

color, size, etc

If you run mods, disable them all and see what happens .. ?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

This is one of the things I wonder that why do we get the cockpits weathered like they are 30-40 years old or after being in museum (a la Mig-21Bis) but then we don't get one cockpit textures that are like clean factory or after couple year in service?

Like what ground crew chief would allow (or pilot!) to take-off with a HUD and cockpit that is so dirty that you can't see through it?

Or design a HUD that has such reflective coating that you can't see through either?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Also, besides this trouble with too reflective transparent surfaces I must also note that with human binocular sight ability it is very hard to make single dirt spot blocking booth eyesight lines as is previously being done on Mig21 canopy glass that has dirt spots of which sometimes you can recognize as distant contact spot. Human eyes filter that dirt so even if canopy is little bit dirty human sight uses focal point adjustment and binocular view to clear the sight. Just try looking thru rainy glass in distance. Same effect is expected on transparent surfaces.

The problem is that its not exactly dirty. The problem is that they put a really low resolution texture on it that is supposed to look like a reflection. It's not actually dirt or wear and tear. Just a really bad looking low resolution reflection of the cockpit and stuff.

No other plane has it this bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Like 1

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Mirrors fixed in Pronin's MiG-29 mod. See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3231629&postcount=5

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset