kubanloewe

Reputation power: 4
kubanloewe is on a distinguished road

i would like to see a P51-A with Allison engine or a P51-B/C
kubanloewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #12
Kirk66

Reputation power: 3
Kirk66 has a spectacular aura aboutKirk66 has a spectacular aura aboutKirk66 has a spectacular aura aboutKirk66 has a spectacular aura aboutKirk66 has a spectacular aura about

A bit OT, sorry, but how about a Bf-109F4 or G8, and an FW-190A-5? The K4 has got to be the ugliest of the 109s, and the Dora was really only used to defend the 262s...

(half roll, unload, accellerate out of the fight ;^)

C'mon, they are all fun to fly!

Vulture
Kirk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #13
brianjmac

Reputation power: 3
brianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura about

From the newsletter...

"New aircraft damage model systems. This new system will be based on a much more precise system of positional agregats within an aircraft structure such that it will give players a new level of realistic air combat damage modeling- especially with machineguns. Because this system will dramatically change simulation balance, the system will be released for all World War II planes simultaneously."

I wonder if this will give us a new and updated P-51D model.
OS: Windows 10 64-bit | CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.6GHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming 11GB | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3200MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB and 250GB | MoBo: ASUS Prime Z270-A | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1 | Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Monitor: Dell 27" 2560x1440p 144Hz GSYNC | Saitek X-55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Headset
brianjmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:19 PM   #14
BSS_Sniper

Reputation power: 6
BSS_Sniper will become famous soon enoughBSS_Sniper will become famous soon enoughBSS_Sniper will become famous soon enough

A lot of people either forget, or don't know about never wanting to fly (actually, I meant fight) with fuel in the center tank of the 51. It throws the CG back and it departs a lot more easily than if you didn't have that weight there. Having said that, the P 51 we have has all that IFF/radio equipment AND the center fuel tank there. It really throws the CG off and it flies like a pig. I won't go into the MP and fuel, but what I mentioned is huge and a reason the 51 here doesn't perform as well as it should.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #15
kubanloewe

Reputation power: 4
kubanloewe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS_Sniper View Post
A lot of people either forget, or don't know about never wanting to fly (actually, I meant fight) with fuel in the center tank of the 51. It throws the CG back and it departs a lot more easily than if you didn't have that weight there. Having said that, the P 51 we have has all that IFF/radio equipment AND the center fuel tank there. It really throws the CG off and it flies like a pig. I won't go into the MP and fuel, but what I mentioned is huge and a reason the 51 here doesn't perform as well as it should.
P51 perform very well in DCS, my favourite of all Prop planes.
DCS is only another game but with better cockpits.
Many things are NOT simulated like they let us think after reading all these hundreds of pages manuals ;-) or only in a simple way, like overheating or damage model, or different bullet rounds.
DCS becomes more and more a civil flightsim with the ability of shot something around ;-)
i dont care much anymore because it seems to me they overcoded the old LockOn engine and it get worse with every new model. Now with the SPit the Propellerscircle disappears often in P51, BF109 or 190 and it sucks.
kubanloewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #16
MaxDamage+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
MaxDamage will become famous soon enoughMaxDamage will become famous soon enough

I dont like how they are making another mustang.
Seems like the whine is real and people will keep whining until they get the mustang which is better then a bf109 which is quite sad. They are wasting time with it.
MaxDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #17
Krupi

Reputation power: 9
Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
I dont like how they are making another mustang.
Seems like the whine is real and people will keep whining until they get the mustang which is better then a bf109 which is quite sad. They are wasting time with it.
It will not be 'better' than the 109, don't worry you will still have a UFO advantage over the allied aircraft.

It will be an update from pacific theatre mustang to a western front theatre....& unfortunately it won't make a huge difference to the status quo.

That will hopefully come with an improved damage model.

Project IX Cockpit
Krupi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:20 PM   #18
Reflected

Reputation power: 17
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think the 109 has an UFO advantage...unless you are talking about the AI of course. It does.

If we get proper MP limits and a proper DM I'm sure the Mustang will perform very, very well against even the 109 K. If people expect it to be a great dogfighter - which it wasn't - then they will always be disappointed.

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #19
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupi View Post
It will not be 'better' than the 109, don't worry you will still have a UFO advantage over the allied aircraft.

It will be an update from pacific theatre mustang to a western front theatre....& unfortunately it won't make a huge difference to the status quo.

That will hopefully come with an improved damage model.
At least it will be more indicative of the relative performance between the Mustang and the 109. And enable p51 players more option when in combat.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #20
karlmeyer25

Reputation power: 2
karlmeyer25 is on a distinguished road

Lot of good points in here. Nobody is asking for parity just for game play's sake. We could all be flying War Thunder for that. I think most just want more options to tweak the online match ups. In the absence of mutliple a/c variants I think minor tweaks could be an effective compromise. If a real world crew chief could pull the center tank, IFF and Detrola, why can't that be an option (however negligible an advantage that would be)?

I for one would simply welcome period appropriate G-Suit. While waiting for the new and improved DM, that right there would go a long ways to giving the P-51 a greater edge during portions of the engagement.

(also at least a period appropriate pilot!)

SLACK
karlmeyer25 is offline   Reply With Quote