Has anyone else seen this?

Hi all,

Someone shared this with me on another forum and it looks fantastic - and appears to work. They're hoping to release soon. This looks so much more practical than Oculus Touch controllers, or the Vive equivalent, and would finally remove the mouse from the Sim while using VR. This would make a huge difference to what is already incredibly immersive sim.

http://www.sensoryx.com/

(For some reason the YouTube links don't seem to be working)

Being able to flip the switches or twiddle the dials with your fingers seems far more desirable than having to reach out, find the mouse, move the mouse and then click a switch or dial. VR just cries out for something more.

I really hope ED can find a way to get support for this into DCS World, if they do then there will be nothing like it.

Edited by tom1502

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

As impressive as VR is, something like this is what it needs to truly become the standard in my opinion.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

As impressive as VR is, something like this is what it needs to truly become the standard in my opinion.

It will in time. Just gotta be patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This would add hugely to the VR thing. As long as we can hold a joystick and Throttle, and then reach out for the various knobs and switches it'd be awesome.

It would be cool if there was a way you could e.g. grab a virtual stick and throttle and lock your virtual hand to them.

Though it would probably be more difficult without any physical feedback and perhaps it would also require some profiles with special finger moves to be able to reliably operate the virtual buttons.

But, still, I feel it would be nice to have this option for a more immersive VR experience.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Would certainly be a nice option, though giving up a physical joystick is a no go for me. Combining the two might be tricky due to buttons/switches near where your physical stick is (mine is just on the desk).

An interesting side note, I've noticed DCS maps my virtual hands to my Rift's touch controllers. I can't seem to do anything with them, but they are there. I only noticed cause I had my "hands" sitting just outside the cockpit of the Mirage once. The controllers were sitting on a second desk next to me. Couldn't touch anything in the pit with them but I could move them around. Was a bit surprised by that.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

With no resistance this will not be very imerssive. No you would need to be using a physical joystick as well, already mentioned by Niel .Then you could say, what's the difference between that and just modeling the pilots hand onto the stick. So therefore IMHO the only use for this is to select buttons levers and switches.That is immersive but I am not going to buy gloves just to do this unless they are inexpensive(not likely).I do not think ED is going to bother with it either in the short term at least.So how do build in resistance into virtual reality?The next big leap perhaps!

Edited by Dinga

This is a little bit out there! First of tho, so it should evolve some if released.

Exoskeleton glove

Dexmo-640x353.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link