Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 01:01 PM   #761
ghostdog688

Reputation power: 4
ghostdog688 is on a distinguished road
Default BST Announced Mi-24P and F-4E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher54321 View Post
Absolutely but that also included the effects of handling, vibration and weather because I think only 10 of the first 15 AIM-4 attempts actually left the rail.

Another problem was the AIM-4 was a USAF program and you might expect they were eager to get good results - not even wiring the F-4D initially for AIM-9s and dropping out of the AIM-9D was really saying something.

The internally cooled seeker on the AIM-4 was supposed to be an advance because it gave it better target discrimination - sadly the 2 minutes you had to get into firing parameters before the cooling ran out seems laughable now - the other flaws are likely well known.

Yeah, this was absolutely the air forces attempt at making their own IR missile (it must have dented their pride to be using navy missiles).
However, as you’ve mentioned, the design of these missile doomed them from the start. A perfect example of a weapon design that was good on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ghostdog688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #762
Knock-Knock

Reputation power: 7
Knock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really nice

F-4 Phantom II Radar & Anti-SAM Tactics 1967 US Air Force; Vietnam War

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #763
Rogue Trooper

Reputation power: 8
Rogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedi View Post
Which module will be released first, Mi-24 or F-4E?

Since the MI-8 there has been the Sabre, Mig-15 and F-5, 3 planes since the last chopper.

However, the MI-8 is just soooo damned good, it was worked on and fermented like a fine wine in the interim to the point of near virtual perfection.
I am just fine with the time it took to be what it is..... in all this time I got a god damn serious quality module with little to complain about and a leading edge test module to boot...... just fabulous!

But 3 planes is surely pushing the limit and what is worse we are now talking about the Hind. If the Hind is anything like the awesome MI-8 then we are truly moving towards biblical standards.
The Hind must be next!
At least it must get released and start its fermentation period!
The greatest pilots in the world need the greatest modules in the world!
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #764
Maverick24

Reputation power: 0
Maverick24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabil View Post
i hope bst will show us new pics of the phantom soon
I hope that bst will post at least some pictures of Mi-24 soon (...of module wich they making much longer that phantom)
Maverick24 is offline   Reply With Quote