"No key" when i try to get my serial numbers - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 05:08 AM   #1
TeeJayD

Reputation power: 0
TeeJayD is on a distinguished road
Default "No key" when i try to get my serial numbers

I cannot active any of my modules on DCS 2.1.1 because they don't show my serial neither they activate automatically. I own Nevada, Mig21, FC3, A10C and the MI8, i can download them normally but i cannot activate. My username is TymonDouglas
TeeJayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:08 AM   #2
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 71
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Hi

you can check your keys are bound to your account here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...nal/licensing/

sometimes ingame you need to use the refresh button in the module manager before the key will show.

hope that helps
Old 07-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
TeeJayD

Reputation power: 0
TeeJayD is on a distinguished road

Nothing shows up, even though they show in the module manager however with no key.
Alll my keys are either from steam or a gift ( NTTR ), however the steam keys are old so they are properly bound to my username.
TeeJayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:40 AM   #4
bumfire

Reputation power: 124
bumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud of

I have same problem, once I updated to the latest version all my keys went missing from the module manager, it just says No Key for all aircraft, however I can fly them and go multiplayer with everything except the p51, but i think that problem was caused during the update, it asked me to activate the p51, it was already activated so i said no and carried on with the update, now the pony doesnt work, but I guess a manual deac-react will fix it.
bumfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
Automan

Reputation power: 19
Automan is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really nice

Same issues: all modules are correctly activated but says “no key”
Maybe the module manager is not able to access the registry of Windows where keys are stored?

Alienware Aurora R4: Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 3820@4.3Ghz | 4x2GB Patriot Viper Extreme@2133Mhz | Evga GTX980ti SC+ | Corsair Force GT 128GB | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB | Alienware OptX AW2310
ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TFRP, MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR 5
Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
bumfire

bumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud of

When i got the no key error, I logged out of the module manager and when I tried to log back in it kept giving me a no internet connection error and wouldnt let me re-log in.

I restarted the game and still same thing, about an hour later I tried again and it logged me in but still the No Key error is there, but as mentioned I can fly all planes, well I think I can as I never tested them all, just a couple but I have to reactivate the pony I think.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:20 AM   #7
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 45
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumfire View Post
When i got the no key error, I logged out of the module manager and when I tried to log back in it kept giving me a no internet connection error and wouldnt let me re-log in.

I restarted the game and still same thing, about an hour later I tried again and it logged me in but still the No Key error is there, but as mentioned I can fly all planes, well I think I can as I never tested them all, just a couple but I have to reactivate the pony I think.
Try to hide the "Key" box (click on the "arrow" symbol). Then wait a second and click on the box again. May be try two times. It will show your key then.

Repeat for each key/module.

At least that worked for me.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
bumfire

Cheers, will try that.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #9
Automan

Reputation power: 19
Automan is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really niceAutoman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Try to hide the "Key" box (click on the "arrow" symbol). Then wait a second and click on the box again. May be try two times. It will show your key then.

Repeat for each key/module.

At least that worked for me.
This method worked partially: if you close the module manager or restart DCS, you get "no key" again and must repeat the process.
Cosmetic bug for me, since anyway you can retrieve the key from your account

Alienware Aurora R4: Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 3820@4.3Ghz | 4x2GB Patriot Viper Extreme@2133Mhz | Evga GTX980ti SC+ | Corsair Force GT 128GB | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB | Alienware OptX AW2310
ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TFRP, MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR 5
Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:04 PM   #10
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 45
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automan View Post
This method worked partially: if you close the module manager or restart DCS, you get "no key" again and must repeat the process.
Cosmetic bug for me, since anyway you can retrieve the key from your account
Yeah, not perfect, but at least anything in one place.
Click on the key twice, open activation app, enter key... rinse and repeat.

Luckily you just need to do it once after a OS/PC migration.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote