Which year standard DCS Harrier reflects?

bies

There is an information it's modeled after "AV-8B N/A Bu No's 163853" but in which year the Harrier of DCS standard had been implemented IRL?

What is the earliest year i can include the Harrier in the mission to stay realistic?

Is it possible to "restrict" it somehow i.e. it's armament - to be correct in September of 1989 - VMA-214 at Yuma version?

cheers and have a nice day

Edited by bies

There is an information it's modeled after "AV-8B N/A Bu No's 163853" but in which year the Harrier of DCS standard had been implemented IRL?

What is the earliest year i can include the Harrier in the mission to stay realistic?

Is it possible to "restrict" it somehow i.e. it's armament - to be correct in September of 1989 - VMA-214 at Yuma version?

cheers and have a nice day

It wouldn't be accurate. It would have different software versions, different engine. Some cockpit switches and equipment would be different.

I don't think it matters, do what is fun. But if you are worries about accuracy, no it won't be 100% accurate for that year.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I do not. I think the one in DCS is a bit of a mix. Having different features from different years but I am not certain nor do I have any document supporting that.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..