2.1.1: Wow, Troops embark/disembark without CTLD?

BaD CrC

I worked for a long time in a mission to train myself with the use of Mi-8 and Huey radios, tracking beacons of 2 different location SOS troops (tricky area landings). Took me ages to set tigers and stuff and I have been playing this for training for a while, having great fun.

The idea was simple, pick troops from point A to B point (base). All this was possible thanks to the F7 option pointed by BaD CrC. It was simple and worked very well.

This option does not work anymore for me, the mission won't work as I can not tell ground troops to embark - disembark. :helpsmilie:

Does anybody have this problem after latest updates?

*Having this issue in Caucasus map using Mi-8 and Huey. version 2.5.4

Thank you

I worked for a long time in a mission to train myself with the use of Mi-8 and Huey radios, tracking beacons of 2 different location SOS troops (tricky area landings). Took me ages to set tigers and stuff and I have been playing this for training for a while, having great fun.

The idea was simple, pick troops from point A to B point (base). All this was possible thanks to the F7 option pointed by BaD CrC. It was simple and worked very well.

This option does not work anymore for me, the mission won't work as I can not tell ground troops to embark - disembark. :helpsmilie:

Does anybody have this problem after latest updates?

*Having this issue in Caucasus map using Mi-8 and Huey. version 2.5.4

Thank you

Are you using the "Embark to transport" option under Advanced Waypoint Actions on your troops?

For me the "simple" Embark / Disembark function is working, what doesn't work is further action after disembarking the troops ( Can't be picked up anymore )

TestEmbark.miz

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

When I created my mission there was no need to setup any ground troop unit to call it embark or disembark, landing close to it and using F7 menu was working, although options where very limited, as there was no way (at least for me) to make troops to go to a certain waypoint after deployment.

Maverick87Shaka, your method does exactly what F7 menu was doing before with out Advanced Waypoint Actions. Was easy to add that to my units and works fine for simple pickup drops.

SUNTSAG, Thanks for the videos, first-one is a little bit too advance for me (I will dig deeper in your tutos in my future missions :)), but the second-one has been really helpful. It shows exactly what I wanted to do time ago and I could not. Is great that troops head to a certain waypoint after being deployed! And works like a charm.

Thank you both very much ! :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

UH-1H

THE RADIO F7 BUTTON DOESN'T ALLOW TO EMBARK /DISEMBARK TROOPS ANYMORE .

I'M GETTING CLOSE TO THE INFANTRY TROOPS ,APPLY BUTTON F7 (AIRBORNE TROOPS) AND NO SUBMENU APPEARS .

WHAT I'M DOING WRONG?

CAN ANYBODY HELP?:crazy::helpsmilie:

• 1 month later...

Well, funny this post is resurfacing almost 3 years after I posted it, because indeed this function never ever worked, at least in MP. So CTLD is going strong and with the new 2.5.6, our engineering group at BSD improved it by adding the new simulated weight. You can now feel the difference when you have troops on board.

Well, funny this post is resurfacing almost 3 years after I posted it, because indeed this function never ever worked, at least in MP. So CTLD is going strong and with the new 2.5.6, our engineering group at BSD improved it by adding the new simulated weight. You can now feel the difference when you have troops on board.

thanks for the answer,

The thing is that i and my friends we are not familiar with scripting ,CTLD seems for us too complicated. we long for the days that we could just load and unload troops with radio F7 , with no need of any preprogramming in MP.

It worked wonderfull : load any troops anywhere , then drop them where they are needed ,just like cargo ,arming or refueling.

Now we can't plan any simpple missions with mooving troops, so we stopped using UH-1 at all.

I don't know why they removed that possibility from F7 , for those who want to fly symple missions whitout scripting.

We ask if it possible to reinstall that possibility , and those who want scripting can use the CTLD.

Or at least prepare a MOD that can run that possibility.:dunno:

Thanks in advance

I don't think the viewpoint that CTLD is complicated to use is completely accurate.

Using a script that already exists is not being in the business of scripting.....

You load mist, you load CTLD, you name the helicopters and groups accordingly and you're done.

Unlike the ME where the troops had to be mapped to specific helicopters to transport them, anyone can pick up any group of troops with CTLD.

make a pickzone and you can load them directly into the helicopter while in that zone (like for a farp, base, etc).

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

An with some lua knowledge, you may set a version of CTLD that don't even needs to load mist and don't need to set names. But CTLD itself is easy as it is, and it's a piece of magic in this simulation world: Geloxo first and Ciribob after did something beyond value: with no charge, you can add a ton of depth in the sim.. it's not only embark/disembark, it's custom beacon, automated JTAC, smoke, sling load operation... it's as simple as huge.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

mist: https://github.com/mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools/releases

CTLD: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

save mist.lua and ctld_slingreal.lua where you want.

what to do (easy setup to try many thing):

1. enter mission editor

2. place a farp

3. place a tent and name it "logistic1" within 100 m of the helo (needed for logistic operations)

4. place a UH-1 and name of the unit (not the group) set "helicargo1"

5. place a infantry only group of 6 soldiers, name of the group (not the unit) "extract1" within 50 m of the helo.

On triggers menù

1. first trigger: ONCE->TIME MORE 1 sec-> DO FILE (search for "mist.lua");

2. second trigger: ONCE -> TIME MORE 5 sec -> DO FILE (search for "ctld_slingreal.lua").

DONE.

Load mission, enter the UH-1H, wait 30 seconds, and open the radio: in the "f10 other" you will se "CTLD" submenù with plenty of options, that is eplained in the CTLD link page. To do a fals try, use the "Troops" menù and the first option to unload / extract troops... it should load your infantry group. Next time you use that command, on ground or low level hovering, it will extract them where you are.

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I can't, but everything is well explained in the CTLD github page I linked ;)

ChromiumDis.png

Another question

In our missions we used to resque pilots who ejected in enemy territory, with UH-1 by simply fly there and loading him to the heli.and so we got all the pilots home.

How can it be done now with the CTLD?

negative with standard version. You should look for Ciribob CSAR script.

ChromiumDis.png

• 1 year later...

Trying my luck here.

I do love CTLD and I have been using it a lot in my Huey campaign.

However I wanted to test with the native Embark system. My only issue so far is that I cannot easily count the units embarked for trigger purposes. The CTLD count mechanism is essential to my mission design, but I can't find anything on the internet regarding how to count units with the built-in system. Any clue or link or documentation someone could share ?

The only logic I can think of is to create a trigger that detects when the group is outside a trigger area. I really like the count function of CTLD.