DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

While I have only had a couple opportunities to join in the Server Action since my first visit a little over a week ago, I have now seen the amount of work and effort you folks have put into your Server and Missions.

To me that is worth my Second Donation (and Contest entry) for this month.

Besides, I might not be able to afford anything next month !!!

Best Wishes to Y'all

SnowTiger

SnowTiger:joystick:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a million for the support ST! Our small group has enjoyed meeting/flying with you.

See you in the skies.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Rearm and refuel is not working correctly for the 190D-9 on the winter map with the ships.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

we are working through it - for some reason, the server cannot connect to master.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

And with that great news I would like to add that we have announced our first winner of the Bombs4Bonds program. To learn more about our B4B program and to see who the winner is check out this LINK!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Hi DOW team,

Edit: thanks for the answer in P51 thread

btw DOW is very good server with very good missions, like it; especially the FROG OF WAR mission, did not know it is possible to capture fields in DCS :)

Edited by 313_Nevo

The server has been updated to 1.2.12.

Currently Loose Lips and Frog of War have 109's available. More missions will be updated in the near future. Also we plan on bringing back some oldies like Battle in the Bay and Killer Bees.

Edit: Also for now all 109's are set to hot start to avoid any issue with the reported fuel pressure bug.

Edited by Whiplash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I don't know if it's Yesterday's Patch or something to do with missions, but I crashed back to DCS Desktop (or whatever you call it) several times today mid-mission.

Furthermore, I don't know if any parameters were changed in any of the missions but the Flak seems to be even more deadly. It's hard getting anywhere near any targets without being Killed outright, or the usual Governor and Sights getting taken out within the first one or two bangs (flak just beginning).

I know several people definitely noticed the Game/Missions Crashing today.

But again, I don't know if it's the Missions OR the PATCH.

I have also noticed that the P-51 seems to stall out MUCH faster now that prior to the Patch. I don't see getting into any Turning Dog Fights any time soon with the way it's performing now.

Super Frustrating as usual.

Hi Merlin-27

I didn't have as many issues today. I guess I'm getting used to the P-51's gutlessness so I am figuring out how to compensate.

I didn't crash back to DCS Desktop yet today either ... which is also good. But the Flak seems deadlier than ever.

I do still notice one thing that several commented on yesterday. That is it is much more difficult to Start the Mustang too. It's as if the Engine is Very Cold ... even in what appears to be Summer Weather (in some of the DoW missions).

It just takes allot longer to crank the engine up and get'r running. But that isn't a huge issue to me. It might be more realistic for all I know. But it has caught several people off guard, requiring repairs due to burnt out starters.

Anyway, I'm out for a couple hours and will go back at it again later today.

Have a good one.

Have seen two "crashes" in server today...

7 or 8 pilots flying.

Like a screen freeze, and discoed...no indication DCS has stopped working...

Each time 3-5 of us kicked at a time ... ~1:00PM est......

server still up when I went back both times.

Forgot the name of the mission but Red mission was protecting incoming convoy... I was in a BF109K

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hi Merlin-27

I didn't have as many issues today. I guess I'm getting used to the P-51's gutlessness so I am figuring out how to compensate.

I didn't crash back to DCS Desktop yet today either ... which is also good. But the Flak seems deadlier than ever.

I do still notice one thing that several commented on yesterday. That is it is much more difficult to Start the Mustang too. It's as if the Engine is Very Cold ... even in what appears to be Summer Weather (in some of the DoW missions).

It just takes allot longer to crank the engine up and get'r running. But that isn't a huge issue to me. It might be more realistic for all I know. But it has caught several people off guard, requiring repairs due to burnt out starters.

Anyway, I'm out for a couple hours and will go back at it again later today.

Have a good one.

Saw in another thread that this might be related to the oil pressure of the P51 always being too high. Seems like a new bug since 1.2.12 released and I was noticing this yesterday as well. Oil dilute might bring the pressure down enough to make the engine start a little faster but even when the oil is warmed up the pressure is still out of the green region. I noticed this same thing in single player modes as well as on other MP servers so its probably not DoW specific.

DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

Thanks for the feedback guys! I have also seen both the crashes and slow starting of the Mustang. The crashes do not seem to have a clear cause but do usually involve only small groups of clients at a time. The server typically stays up with other clients who remain in-game. As far as the Mustang it does seem to be tied to the update but the engine will start. I noticed it but have started it up every time. Hopefully we will see some adjustments in the near term.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Team stacking is out of control right now. It's at least a 2:1 ratio of Red:Blue, and if I try to be a gentleman by going blue I get vulched.

The AAA protection just isn't fierce enough I guess? Anyway, it's not worth my time to fly in that kind of environment. Kids/wife/job make it important that my flying time is quality time.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I forgot to mention the Oil Pressure issue. I have only noticed it since the most recent Update Patch (1.1.12).

But like Merlin said, the Engine DOES start up. We just have to hold the ignition for a few seconds longer and maybe wait an extra second before moving the Idle Cutoff to Run Position. That in itself doesn't bother me. It may be more realistic for all I know. For me it was just another observation since the Update.

As was also mentioned, there have been several Server Crashes over the last few days including today and including this moment (Saturday Night 6 PM Eastern). I'm hoping all will be resolved soon.

See y'all in the skies.

Last night I cranked it up in MP and it fired then stalled. I tried cranking it one more time and it wouldn't even turn. I had to exit and return then it fired on the first time, but cranks way too slow

I forgot to mention the Oil Pressure issue. I have only noticed it since the most recent Update Patch (1.1.12).

But like Merlin said, the Engine DOES start up. We just have to hold the ignition for a few seconds longer and maybe wait an extra second before moving the Idle Cutoff to Run Position. That in itself doesn't bother me. It may be more realistic for all I know. For me it was just another observation since the Update.

As was also mentioned, there have been several Server Crashes over the last few days including today and including this moment (Saturday Night 6 PM Eastern). I'm hoping all will be resolved soon.

See y'all in the skies.