Server only map license

With the release of a new (awesome) map, can ED comment any further about providing the possibility for server hosting to be able to be done on a separate computer without an additional license needing to be purchased?

This would greatly help with getting more servers online for the new maps, and servers that are likely going to be up for longer periods of time.

Tony

I PMed both Wags and NineLIne about this, a request to have a server only license for Persian Gulf ........

NO Response

So sadly ED do not want to support MP hosters even though it will cost them nothing

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

MP has always, not maybe on paper but through their actions, been one of their lowest priorities for as long as I've been flying DCS. I would very very VERY much not hold my breath for any kind of changes in either their actions, priorities or how things are working for atleast another year or more likely two.

And also, imagine the shitstorm if maps all of a sudden was released for free when all the current server managers paid for them, especially when we talk in a 1+ year perspective when additional maps might have been released.

I just don't see it ... and I'm a MP-only player. :(

the solution would be a dedicated server.

this server actually doesn't need to hold the map on its own, it just needs the missions.

From my (and from the view of many many people) view this cannot be that hard

i know it is not top priority, but it would be so helpful for the online community, which is in my eyes big enough to be satisfied!

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

MP has always, not maybe on paper but through their actions, been one of their lowest priorities for as long as I've been flying DCS. I would very very VERY much not hold my breath for any kind of changes in either their actions, priorities or how things are working for atleast another year or more likely two.

And also, imagine the shitstorm if maps all of a sudden was released for free when all the current server managers paid for them, especially when we talk in a 1+ year perspective when additional maps might have been released.

I just don't see it ... and I'm a MP-only player. :(

That can dealt with through credits if ED wants this to move forward. Easy enough to determine who has purchased multiple licenses.

I don't get it!!! I just bought PERSIAN GULF and there is no way I can host a dedicated server on this map on my other system which I am setting up to run as a dedicated server ???!!! Seriously, what's going on here ?!!

I hosted many dedicated server on many games in the past years and never ever do you have to buy some content to only use it on the server!

I am so angry seriously... I regret my purchase for the map and the F-18! I really have no clue what they are thinking about! Just have a look at what the devs from IL-2 Sturmovik Stalingrad do and think about what are you are doing here guys.... it's like shooting yourself in the foot, stupid move, really!

i7 4790k / Asus 1080 Ti / HTC ViVE / 32 GB RAM

I don't get it!!! I just bought PERSIAN GULF and there is no way I can host a dedicated server on this map on my other system which I am setting up to run as a dedicated server ???!!! Seriously, what's going on here ?!!

I hosted many dedicated server on many games in the past years and never ever do you have to buy some content to only use it on the server!

I am so angry seriously... I regret my purchase for the map and the F-18! I really have no clue what they are thinking about! Just have a look at what the devs from IL-2 Sturmovik Stalingrad do and think about what are you are doing here guys.... it's like shooting yourself in the foot, stupid move, really!

ED are pretty "unique" in this respect, even now they have their own DRM

and it would cost the ZERO MONEY to gift dedicated server hosters a copy

of this Terrain they do NOT do it ... pretty sad to be honest

I pointed out the fact that gift this to dedicated server hosters might even help out in increasing

the sales of Persian Gulf when I messaged Nineline and Wags .....

Edited by Johnny_Rico

I would be willing to pay for a proper server module that included all maps even those going forward. I'm sure they could implement something that would disallow anyone from using the server module to fly/play with so players did not take advantage of that.

It's not that I don't want to support ED but having to buy every map twice just so I can host a server is a little bit of a kick in the teeth.

All I can say is I'm glad they I don't have to buy every module twice.

I would be willing to pay for a proper server module that included all maps even those going forward. I'm sure they could implement something that would disallow anyone from using the server module to fly/play with so players did not take advantage of that.

It's not that I don't want to support ED but having to buy every map twice just so I can host a server is a little bit of a kick in the teeth.

All I can say is I'm glad they I don't have to buy every module twice.

This could be easily implemented by a start up command line switch eg

dsc.exe -server

This could lock any slots , so that no one could click on them (to play)

and also give use server hosters access to the terrains, after all

ED are using their own DRM now

We had commands like that in FC2. :(

Yeah its kinda weird ..... are we are going backwards ?

Well one of my other advocation is photography and several years adobe proposed the subscription path going further it was met with negative views like I’ve seen here but after several years it has worked out better than the previous plan of owning the software .mainly because with the package I use I’m getting much more for less than upgrading the software every eighteen month which I believed was the current marketing practice at that time with maybe a new bug fix feature add upgrade included every six months iirc. Now as soon as the bug is fixed it is released you just update your app, new feature release when ready not on a update schedule.and I think I’m saving money with this plan plus it has cut down on piracy.

I see it would work for dcs world server and maybe even down the line dcs world. The end user spends less and gets more. I threw together a series of pricing methods in one proposal so they could see where it all fits together. I think under the current proposed plan is to release three maps a year if I understood it correctly and at $59.00 each retail value that’s $178.00 in a year at most $118.00if you and my annual pricing plan was $100 a year supscription by the year $120 by the month and I don'tsee annual subscribers doing the monthly rate much over two months that for the fly by nighter servers and annua;l competition servers the typical squad will pay by the month until setup and being used uncle that occurs you would switch to an annual subscription.

You get the maps already out there and all new maps just like the mods are done now.if they fix a bug no more holding it until a release update put out there let the admins know to update and restart which could be checked twice a day on the restarts during scheduling or dead times. Then a release to the mission builders that the feature is fixed or added. And ready to use on next reload.

Now if you want the best of the best which probably could be fee based to offset the cost is server farms of dcs world. For a slight additional fee that the users could pay for if you server has the things to warrant paying for intense fail real world type missions or user selectable single/group missions have plenty ideas for these missions from basic airman ship with ground school, to bws training to advanced war fighting training on each airframe, to pseudo battles that take place from 2hour mission to an 12 hour set of missions to full campaigns and re-enactment missions. Also things like red flag and green flag etc at nttr and if we get Fallon we can host top gun or any real world training competition you could run guard and reserve weekend or if that doesn’t tickle your fancy some ideologists training camp we will have air, ground and see to fight on or from.

Only way the map server is going to get better is one of two fold ways start paying ed to work on it separately from dcs world or so programming camptake over its development free which you think sounds more fessable.

Better Mo servers would allow you to charge for there use maybe like you are now or maybe by dues to have access to the server those does could be collected by the server through PayPal to cover the monthly operating costs and for pizza and sodas for the mission designers work parties.

Ideally the server should run off a single core leaving the rest for the missions and or maps. Ideally you log on to the server to fly a mission to hone your skills during the login you select the map the the missions setup for that map and jump in the ac of your choice for that mission if your by yourself the other ac become ai programmed to fly the same mission the human if had jumped in that ac were supposed to fly but unlike humans they may actually fly it or if there actions are randomized then you have no idea what they will do. On flight nights everyone flies the same map and missionof course. But on free time you, your buddy’s and or another squad can login in select their roles and fly a short mission a beginning mission to a single or group campaign and since the output file is written if you have a time limit you can startup right were you left off the last time.

It looks like a win win win if ed would embrace it

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

No one in their right mind who hosts a server will ever pay a subscription for it

No one in their right mind who hosts a server will ever pay a subscription for it

I play MP 95% of my flight time. Thanks to people who host servers, ED can sell more modules since there are people like me, who play on servers only. ED is pretty much ungrateful to those who keep MP alive and profitable.

Am I special?

• 1 month later...

Just looked in to find the answer to this problem and it jogged my memory. You are wasting your time guys, ED have a curious head in the sand attitude towards requests and complaints like this. They will not help you.

I just returned to DCS after several months away after Normandy regrets and having seen a few patches released mentioning Normandy/WWII. I foolishly created a scenario on the Normandy map (and why not?) for my recently purchased FA-18C then transferred it to my server PC.

I had forgotten about this server map nonsense having been building and transferring missions in Battle of You Know Where to my server PC (I was 'warned' for mentioning another sim by name). Of course it won't run without the map even after all the requests (yours aren't the first).

The simplicity of the solution and the lack of ED support beggars belief.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

There is a dedicated server coming to DCS World in the autumn. I'd hold your complaints until we know exactly how that will be organised.

For what it's worth, our server has licenses for all the maps, and guess which one we invariably run? That's right, the free one - a number of our client base don't have the premium maps, so we choose not to exclude them from our activities.

But yes, free maps for server only installations would be great. I'm guessing we just need to watch this space. A lack of a response doesn't equate to your comments being ignored. They just don't enter into debates, but they are listening.

There is a dedicated server coming to DCS World in the autumn. I'd hold your complaints until we know exactly how that will be organised.

For what it's worth, our server has licenses for all the maps, and guess which one we invariably run? That's right, the free one - a number of our client base don't have the premium maps, so we choose not to exclude them from our activities.

But yes, free maps for server only installations would be great. I'm guessing we just need to watch this space. A lack of a response doesn't equate to your comments being ignored. They just don't enter into debates, but they are listening.

Well I've been away from the forums for a while so that would be good news but I can't agree with their policy of not keeping us informed through news letters etc.

Your other point about the clients not having the maps is also worrying. I would hope they will be able to use other maps downloaded/enabled solely through the mission files but not for their general use unless purchased. Yes, again I am pointing to the way others do it.

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Just looked in to find the answer to this problem and it jogged my memory. You are wasting your time guys, ED have a curious head in the sand attitude towards requests and complaints like this. They will not help you.

I just returned to DCS after several months away after Normandy regrets and having seen a few patches released mentioning Normandy/WWII. I foolishly created a scenario on the Normandy map (and why not?) for my recently purchased FA-18C then transferred it to my server PC.

I had forgotten about this server map nonsense having been building and transferring missions in Battle of You Know Where to my server PC (I was 'warned' for mentioning another sim by name). Of course it won't run without the map even after all the requests (yours aren't the first).

The simplicity of the solution and the lack of ED support beggars belief.

I am so glad I never bought Normandy, it is a ghost town in MP

plus having to pay for non playable assets does not help the situation

Plus if I wanted to host a dedicated MP for others to play on I would have to buy Normandy AND the assets pack ... which aint gonna happen

I guess in the Autumn (hopefully this year, the dedi exe will appear)

Edited by Johnny_Rico

Well I've been away from the forums for a while so that would be good news but I can't agree with their policy of not keeping us informed through news letters etc.

Your other point about the clients not having the maps is also worrying. I would hope they will be able to use other maps downloaded/enabled solely through the mission files but not for their general use unless purchased. Yes, again I am pointing to the way others do it.

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

They did inform about the dedicated server in the 13.July Newsletter.

You are right. The dedicated server should not need any additional license at all. A subscription based server is a bad idea also. A one time price would be ok.

I am so glad I never bought Normandy, it is a ghost town in MP

plus having to pay for non playable assets does not help the situation

Plus if I wanted to host a dedicated MP for others to play on I would have to buy Normandy AND the assets pack ... which aint gonna happen

I guess in the Autumn (hopefully this year, the dedi exe will appear)

Totally agree. I'm glad I didn't buy the Normandy map for my server account. I got it for my client account, because I baked the KS campaign.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 3 months later...

This is such a shame. A lot of my friends bought the F/A-18 and Persian Gulf map and i was hoping to run a dedicated server so we could all play on the new map.

I guess it is not to be.

Lets hope they get the dedicated server out soon and it comes with all maps available as this will get hosts running maps other than Caucus and possibly even convince people to spend more money on DCS.

;3673777']This is such a shame. A lot of my friends bought the F/A-18 and Persian Gulf map and i was hoping to run a dedicated server so we could all play on the new map.

I guess it is not to be.

Lets hope they get the dedicated server out soon and it comes with all maps available as this will get hosts running maps other than Caucus and possibly even convince people to spend more money on DCS.

Unfortunately I think that ED will not put the maps for free with the dedicated server package. I'm also disappointed about this, especially because server admins spend lot of money for hardware rent and software licenses, time for improve mission and server features, and we don't have a direct channel support or decent software available. I hope to see soon the dedicated server package, it's a starting piece to improve MP experience

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!