Bad FPS on ground only. Why?

My frames are always lower, when on the ground, taxiing und such. I can get 40-45 FPS on ground, vs. 75-110 FPS in the air. It's all those objects imho.

But no special issue with the Viggen or any other module in my case.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Turn your exterior lights off, makes a hell of a difference on mine

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

Hello there gents,

i have an annoying issue with the Viggen in 1.5. On the ground i sometimes get very bad fps (around 20-30), while in the air i always get the 60fps i wish. In other modules i never experienced this. Is there any solution?

Same as you, Viggen hit Hard the FPS on ground, while others modules like KA50 or M-2000 are great. After some testing, i've gained +15FPS by setting "Cockpit Resolution Display" option to 256, was 512 every frame before...strange, i've always thought that this option was for MFCD's displays.

Same as you, Viggen hit Hard the FPS on ground, while others modules like KA50 or M-2000 are great. After some testing, i've gained +15FPS by setting "Cockpit Resolution Display" option to 256, was 512 every frame before...strange, i've always thought that this option was for MFCD's displays.

It is, and should have no influence on the Viggen. Odd.

The only thing the Viggen does when it is on the ground is add about 80k tris (IIRC).

However, in the cockpit, these are culled, so it would only have an impact if you are in exterior view anyway.

FPS loss is probably mainly due to increased object count (drawcalls hits the CPU heavily)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

All cool here!!

One suggestion guys Up Your Systems or get new one! and stop with calculators they will not save you or your wallet.

Can sound bad but the reality is there are I know people that can't get last and best but around 600£ or 680£ you can get pity good system!

And start saving if you realy want enjoy modern gaming world!

This is it.

Thanks and sorry if I was bad but this is the way i see!

Like no need to get brand brand new you always can get cheap GPU's or CPU's or MB quite resent and at very good price! Like GTX 1060 6GB or 780TI or 980's still fantastic gpu's and good in last gaming titles!

Trust me by saving today here and there in time you can get solid machine! Now if you want something and not doing anything to that happen you will never achieve it!

Like one guy want so bad the gpu gtx980 but only thing he do is talk about it all day long and wank on YouTube vids, and seat on his mom's and dad's wallet and he is 19, clear example of today's generation I want but I don't want to do anything to get it and hope it will fall from sky straight in his hand's! Now guess what never will happen, want something work for it and do some sacrifice in order to achieve it and this can be anything not only PC or like that! Apply to all life situations!

With this said best of luck to you all and hope to see you guys one day to success on what you want or looking for!

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

It is, and should have no influence on the Viggen. Odd.

The only thing the Viggen does when it is on the ground is add about 80k tris (IIRC).

However, in the cockpit, these are culled, so it would only have an impact if you are in exterior view anyway.

FPS loss is probably mainly due to increased object count (drawcalls hits the CPU heavily)

Yep, odd, i agree with you...below screenshots testing the 2 settings, simple mission, only me, no clouds, no mods:

cockpit resolution display to 256:

260347DCS20170724182752.png

cockpit resolution display to 512 every frame:

334196DCS20170724183143.png

:huh: