Eric and Patrick Cuesta"s YAK-40

Hawkeye60

Mod is LIVE!

DCS user download page.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Rob

Not a pain in the ass mate, you do try to fix things for yourself, we all respect that, so only too willing to help when I can.

There are some real issues with textures in different versions of the game, every update seems to throw up new problems, so let me know if its working or what is wrong. I have a 1.5.7 running as a well as 1.5.4 and 2 so I can probably figure it out for you.

Time zone difference is a bit of a nuisance, so be patient.

Still having trouble, let me explain how I have the mod installed, and also the location of where the skins are to make them show up as options in mission editor when the correct air force is selected, but again I got no texture paints (digi camo and not skins)

the Mod - I have JSGME in my DCS World directory, the mod is installed to:

DCS World>Mods> MOD YAK-40 1.5.4 & 1.5.5 (whole folder, unzipped but added as a whole, and on my JSGME switcher it reads just like that to select it.)

The skins I placed in the DCS World>Mods>aircraft>Yak_40>Liveries>Yak_40 (this is where the four skins that work fine were located by default.

Now, when I go into mission editor and I select Russia as the air force all four of the stock skins that came with the mod show up and work fine, but the ones I installed from this pack show up as a selection, but the skin itself is missing texture / digi-camo.

I did go into the USCM folder and compared the description.lua to one of the working skins and found that there is an extra .bmp in the working one, and that the .lua entries do not match up at all.

Am I missing something? DCS v1.5.7 installed and working, all of my other mods work in this location, ISVA ships, my sounds mod, my terrain mods, my cockpit addon mods, and also when I had modded planes I add them the same way, this is the first time I have had issues with the skin like this :-(

~Rob

I cant replicate your problem with my 1.5.7, so try this. I dont use the flyabale Mod and this works for me.

Dump the USMC Skins into your Temp Textures folder instead, and make sure the skin lua reads in the exact same format as the working skins.

Like I mentioned previously, different versions of the game read the skins in different ways, what works in 1.5.4 might not work in 1.5.7 or 2, you have to experiment to find out how it works for that version. It takes a LOT of trail and error to do that.

Dang lol...aye!! Thanks for the info, I'll try that and see if it does it. If not do I have permission to see if one of my skin friends can move your textures onto one of the .bmp's that the game is seeing, like over-paint (sorta) and existing, working .bmp file for, say, EasyJet?

*update* The temp textures trick worked, and I was able to fly it. Now for the next question, how do I make it work on an online squad server setting to where everyone can see it? Would everyone have to add this to their temp textures too and have the mod installed as I have it?

Thanks for the help, again. I'm so happy to see it working!!

~Rob

Edited by Robert31178

I have never used a server but logic says all members would have to have the texture installed in their Temp Textures file, and as long as they are applying the same mod as you in the same way it should show up for everyone.

So many things can affect a mod, other mods, version, conflicts, its a real struggle to work it out at times.

I have the same problem with the C-130, the textures only work in the Temp Textures folder in one version and only in the Mod file in another, I assume because I use the French Flyable C130 Mod, have never been able to work out why.

Still having trouble, let me explain how I have the mod installed, and also the location of where the skins are to make them show up as options in mission editor when the correct air force is selected, but again I got no texture paints (digi camo and not skins)

the Mod - I have JSGME in my DCS World directory, the mod is installed to:

DCS World>Mods> MOD YAK-40 1.5.4 & 1.5.5 (whole folder, unzipped but added as a whole, and on my JSGME switcher it reads just like that to select it.)

The skins I placed in the DCS World>Mods>aircraft>Yak_40>Liveries>Yak_40 (this is where the four skins that work fine were located by default.

Now, when I go into mission editor and I select Russia as the air force all four of the stock skins that came with the mod show up and work fine, but the ones I installed from this pack show up as a selection, but the skin itself is missing texture / digi-camo.

I did go into the USCM folder and compared the description.lua to one of the working skins and found that there is an extra .bmp in the working one, and that the .lua entries do not match up at all.

Am I missing something? DCS v1.5.7 installed and working, all of my other mods work in this location, ISVA ships, my sounds mod, my terrain mods, my cockpit addon mods, and also when I had modded planes I add them the same way, this is the first time I have had issues with the skin like this :-(

~Rob

Si vous voulez je peux essayer de le faire pour vous, comme c'est mes 4 livrées donnez moi le lien pour télécharger votre texture et je ferai de mon mieux pour la faire fonctionner.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

Translated

Si vous voulez je peux essayer de le faire pour vous, comme c'est mes 4 livrées donnez moi le lien pour télécharger votre texture et je ferai de mon mieux pour la faire fonctionner.smile.gif

If you want I can try to do it for you as it is my 4 liveries give me the link to download your texture and I will do my best to make it work.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Redone liveries courtesy of Patrick!

Thank you my friend!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkadhb1fiiap6ic/USMC%20YAK40.ZIP?dl=0