Devs we need a period of Glasnost! Transparency

LupinYonder

According to Mr. Grey we might see an up-tick in Mig-21 fixes in the coming months, would be highly appreciated.

Jesus. I guess we need to let Nick know about the whole Razbam debacle. But that would be a monthly complaint.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Btw, there is a bunch of "closed" bug reports on the bugtracker that have been closed between 23-25 April, and since there was no OB update since then, there might be actually a substantial amount of stuff coming for the Mig-21 on Wednesday.

https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=5ec19d1d2206f

I hope we get proper and comprehensive patch notes from Magnitude this time.

It isn't just the mig that is the problem. It is the CEII as well. It has an invisible nose wheel for gods sake. This all needs to be fixed.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

The lack of stall is apparently a bug and will be fixed next update. Why this information took soo long to get to the community is just bizzare. It would have been great to get it earlier as it would have saved 20 pages of FM discussion and argument in the community.

https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=939#c1625

It looks like they have been smashing many bugs! Hopefully we will se a new OB release today and I will take the Fishbed for a spin in Cold War server.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Yes, we're working on a bigger package rather than small updates. Some fixes were released, but major upgrade will arrive later. We're still working on some of the stuff.

We're intending to release this evening a development update if I can finish it. It's going to touch future modules but also, and most importantly, fixes and improvements you're looking for for CE2 and MiG-21bis.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Yes, we're working on a bigger package rather than small updates and it wasn't assembled yet. We're still working on some of the stuff, hence nothing in the change log.

We're intending to release this evening a development update if I can finish it. It's going to touch future modules but also, and most importantly, fixes and improvements you're looking for for CE2 and MiG-21bis.

Thank you for your hard work! We are grateful even if we sometimes sound grumpy

We tried to pile those updates for a larger release and seems like some of them made it. More recent ones didnt, look for a changelog posted by Rudel. We will ask ED to add them as well the the main changelog.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Crouching Eagle, Hidden Fishbed - LOL

Thanks, Hiromachi - I noticed the stall characteristics make it back into the MiG 21 FM, just like the Bug tracker ticket promised in https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=939.

I had faith in this getting fixed and bought the MiG-21 on May 08 - so far, so good.

"Baby Steps..... or Baby Stabs".... whatever it takes to get the job done!

The next Larger Release sounds excellent, and I am sure it will repair the sad Purple Afterburner/Shortcircut Light Sabre effect for good measure.

Good luck with getting the DCS Open Beta Change Log Updated.

I noticed your Website is updated - Excellent!

http://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/05/20/crouching-update/

Cheers. :thumbup:

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Nice news.

Sorry I am a bit daft but the great news was what?

That they have code they do not understand and have no clue how to improve?

The new pit to the Mig-21? 1 year in dev?! Nothing in the "news"?

The sound to the Mig-21?

Sound CEII?

Yeah, I am a mean idiot but I fail to see the "news" here.

It is an "explanation" on why things is not happening with M3 modules, yes!

But "news" on development on the modules, nope.

Please M3, you need help. Nin has a sound mod?!

The community can do more for you, promise.

Dude it’s a new cockpit. We knew we will be getting it for a long time, check their quarterly updates for screenshots. They probably want to talk about how close the F4U is and maybe tease early work on F-8, that’s all. You don’t have to say they can’t code or improve

Things are happening, our stall is back and the big update is on the way, chill

EDIT: of course I’m late http://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/05/20/crouching-update/

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Sorry I am a bit daft but the great news was what?

That they have code they do not understand and have no clue how to improve?

The new pit to the Mig-21? 1 year in dev?! Nothing in the "news"?

The sound to the Mig-21?

Sound CEII?

Yeah, I am a mean idiot but I fail to see the "news" here.

It is an "explanation" on why things is not happening with M3 modules, yes!

But "news" on development on the modules, nope.

Please M3, you need help. Nin has a sound mod?!

The community can do more for you, promise.

I'm with you on that one. Promisses are great.

But to me, to put things in perspective, In the timeframe it took heatblur to create the Amazing F14 and enhance on the Vigen; Magnitude managed to come up with... a not so well done christen eagle, and not many improvements to their mig-21...

I really wish them succes; I am very interested in the F4U and F8, but Let's say for now, my enthusiasm is very much restrained by questionable competence to deliver quality products.

I applaud the work that's been done, but to me there's still a long way to go.

Dude it’s a new cockpit. We knew we will be getting it for a long time, check their quarterly updates for screenshots. They probably want to talk about how close the F4U is and maybe tease early work on F-8, that’s all. You don’t have to say they can’t code or improve

Things are happening, our stall is back and the big update is on the way, chill

EDIT: of course I’m late http://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/05/20/crouching-update/

Dude.

1 year. And nothing?

But you are a happy camper! Good for you!! (F-14 and Viggen have had how much happening in the dev logs in 1 years time? Dude?)

Dude!

If you have control of the code things is corrected as it happens and the core code is corrected. M3 corrects 1 thing and creates 2 new bugs! (Lights in cockpit in last patch, radar fps, break chute, etc)

And yes it is "old" code but it is no excuse!

If the platform you work from change things,(ED) you of course as a 3d part is on top of things and change it to the new standard. (F-14, Viggen...)

M3 is not doing this.

If you do not see this! I am sorry for you, but there is not much happening here.

Given the time and compared to other 3d party devs, Mig-21 is going downhill.. slowly

The good part it is that just me thinking stuff up, so you can still "dude" me!

Makes me so wrong in the internetz!

Go ahead! I like it!

But! Mig-21 is still back there. Not going somewhere........OBVIOUSLY!!

Edited by hovring

Personally I am glad to still see the Whistling Death and Crusader in the pipe line and actively being worked. The hour glass may be moving at a snails pace, but in the end, the tortoise always beats the hare.

So the 21 has bugs, so your mom did not teach you patience, so you invested money and feel like you have been ripped off, clearly you have not fallen enough in life and pulled yourself back up off the deck. I would much rather have these projects to look forward to than nothing on the horizon at all and sitting here with another empty wish list.

Its all good to voice frustration, but taking cheap shots at the boys trying to make your virtual sim dreams come true is not exactly motivating material. Its not like their is not enough to fly in DCS as is until these are on the virtual flight deck. Mag 3, you still have a silent audience patiently waiting for you to roll these birds out. The virtual Navy boys are waiting.

A certain aircraft which has been mentioned on this page has been able to fly comfortably with only one wing, and fire missiles from the detached wing (somehow), for at least six months. I have both been shot down by one in this state, and myself killed two MiGs with magical missiles from a missing wing, on two separate occasions. Comparisons to this or that module don't really do anyone any favours.

As for the brake chute, what's broken with it? I was under the impression people complained that it visually clipped the runway so it was given a collision model to avoid that, but DCS doesn't simulate soft bodies and so the trade off is that it scrapes. That sounds like a problem for the people who demanded it not momentarily clip through the runway surface, to me...

A certain aircraft which has been mentioned on this page has been able to fly comfortably with only one wing, and fire missiles from the detached wing (somehow), for at least six months. I have both been shot down by one in this state, and myself killed two MiGs with magical missiles from a missing wing, on two separate occasions. Comparisons to this or that module don't really do anyone any favours.

As for the brake chute, what's broken with it? I was under the impression people complained that it visually clipped the runway so it was given a collision model to avoid that, but DCS doesn't simulate soft bodies and so the trade off is that it scrapes. That sounds like a problem for the people who demanded it not momentarily clip through the runway surface, to me...

Ok, never said that "mentioned" did not have bugs. Then you read it wrong.

I said that those modules have had updates, (updates that is correcting bugs and the modules are moving forward, regardles where the modules is in it development stage)and many of them updates during the last year!

Compare that to the Mig-21 during the last year?

Just look at the patch logs for the last year comparing the modules.

Not rocket science is it?

And ED made big changes to the engine the last year so you need to know your code to keep up and correct stuff. (lightning engine etc...)

If you know your code. You can change it.

If you do not, you can take a educated guess and some things is going the right way, but other stuff is going to break. Like we have now. (PRGM needle backwards a couple of times, why?. Easy stuff right?!)

Regrading the chute, sorry.

Don't even know what you are saying.

The chute do not behave like a chute.

If that is the "people who demanded it to not momentarily clip through the runway surface."

Well M3 is stupid to make is so!

Just for people screaming what, clipping?!

Just do what the other devs do, explain the limitations of the engine and leave it at that!

Motivate your development decision and have a road ahead. A plan!

Leadership! Lead the project. Own it!

Making a collision model for a piece of fabric?!

Just, yeah.... Banana whooopy!:doh:!!

A chute do not behave like that. Right?

It gets stupid really fast if a chute is scraping the runway... come on.

I think M3 needs help, and they have no clue what the Mig-21 is doing right now, they do not own the project! Bad leadership or lack of it. I dont know.

At the end of the day we are in the same boat.

We need, want a cool Mig-21!

So I am just comparing what is happening with other modules and what is not happening with the Mig-21 really.....

So all the new cool modules from M3 I am going to be a bit hesitant to invest more money in.

I do not like the silence, the "eluding" responsibility.

ED is a complicated boss to work under but M3 have chosen to do so.

Then you need to own that responsibility, in rain and in shine. You need a plan.

Edited by hovring

Hey ED,

Why not let people write their opinions on the back of a cheque and sign with their names on front before they mail it to you for publishing.

Heaviest criticism should be posted daily to ensure transparency. Start a top 10, then carefully step aside and let Mo and Joe have at it like it was 75.

Thanks for the free month, keep coding and never-mind.

Personally I am glad to still see the Whistling Death and Crusader in the pipe line and actively being worked. The hour glass may be moving at a snails pace, but in the end, the tortoise always beats the hare.

So the 21 has bugs, so your mom did not teach you patience, so you invested money and feel like you have been ripped off, clearly you have not fallen enough in life and pulled yourself back up off the deck. I would much rather have these projects to look forward to than nothing on the horizon at all and sitting here with another empty wish list.

Its all good to voice frustration, but taking cheap shots at the boys trying to make your virtual sim dreams come true is not exactly motivating material. Its not like their is not enough to fly in DCS as is until these are on the virtual flight deck. Mag 3, you still have a silent audience patiently waiting for you to roll these birds out. The virtual Navy boys are waiting.

Spot on. :thumbup:

This. These are small teams, most of them have dayjobs and this is a side hustle. Long waits just how it's going to be. If you feel that's not worth your time and money, by all means do find something else to hold your attention.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!