MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

This is definitely a great MOD. Thank you for giving us such a good experience! But there are a few bugs I need to report:

1. There will be more lift when the canopy is opened.

2. When the canopy handle is clicked during animation, the handle will be deadlocked.

3. When passing some taxiway positions, tail bounce will occur, which will cause an explosion in severe cases.

4. AI's navigation lights are much brighter than the flyable aircraft.

5. The taxi light switch needs to be mapped to RALT+L.

6. The mapping of gear down/up needs to work.

Thank you again for your outstanding work!

HI there i love that plane just one request can we have zoom in axes ?

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Hello,

I'm having a problem with this module crashing DCS.

The crash log includes the following errors:

2019-07-26 21:11:41.593 ERROR EDCORE: Can't open file: /models/cockpit_mb-339pan.edm.ilv.

2019-07-26 21:11:41.593 ERROR VISUALIZER: ILV for cockpit 'cockpit_MB-339PAN' not found

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello,

I'm having a problem with this module crashing DCS.

The crash log includes the following errors:

2019-07-26 21:11:41.593 ERROR EDCORE: Can't open file: /models/cockpit_mb-339pan.edm.ilv.

2019-07-26 21:11:41.593 ERROR VISUALIZER: ILV for cockpit 'cockpit_MB-339PAN' not found

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello, those errors will not crash DCS: they are caused due to our mod (like every mod with custom cockpit, i.e. A-4E) doesn't carry an ILV file along the edm model of the cockpit. The ILV files are a "shot" of precomputed illumination effects and speedup the loading of the model: infact if you load model viewer any official ED or 3rd party cockpit, the model will load instantly showing the text "ILV precomputed", while with mods the cockpit loading is a lot slower and you will see "ILV draft bounce xx%" with percent incrementing really slow during loading.

Try to attach here your full dcs.log (only this file, in zipped form using the CLIP button), and we may see what really is causing DCS to crash

Edited by Automan
typo

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Q1) I can't use the radionav, I can't switch frequencies because the switches are non clickable.

Is this still work in progress or am I doing something wrong?

A1) It is not implemented yet. It is planned for the future (look at the first post).

Q2) And also on ground when I contact the ground crew there is no option to ask for the air supply, only the elec power is available..

A2) Also this feature will be implemented in the future

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Well the aircraft is very well done and it's a joy to fly.

From here on with further development and the various systems coming online it can only get better.

Hello! Today i found out about your free module and installed but when i tried playing it whether instant action or mission editor(i choose player from the selection menu), i simply get the map screen at the start of the mission and i cant go to cockpit view (F1). The AI controls the plane. I have tried re-installing the mod but it didnt work. I wanna play this mod so if anyone could help me i would appreciate it a lot. Thanks

All my other modules work fine.

Hello! Today i found out about your free module and installed but when i tried playing it whether instant action or mission editor(i choose player from the selection menu), i simply get the map screen at the start of the mission and i cant go to cockpit view (F1). The AI controls the plane. I have tried re-installing the mod but it didnt work. I wanna play this mod so if anyone could help me i would appreciate it a lot. Thanks

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3988540&postcount=57

Безымянный-2.png

What is your username in Windows OS? If you have special characters or spaces in the username of your Windows's profile, DCS is not able to load our the DLL from Saved Games, and the Mb.339 will play as AI.

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Hello,

I have not spoken yet about your free achievement.

Congratulations, this work is fantastic, I imagine the amount of work and implications that it takes.

I found how to unlock the nose wheel for rolling:

steer on / off LAlt + Q

Thanks again

FMJPA

This is definitely a great MOD. Thank you for giving us such a good experience! But there are a few bugs I need to report:

1. There will be more lift when the canopy is opened.

2. When the canopy handle is clicked during animation, the handle will be deadlocked.

3. When passing some taxiway positions, tail bounce will occur, which will cause an explosion in severe cases.

4. AI's navigation lights are much brighter than the flyable aircraft.

5. The taxi light switch needs to be mapped to RALT+L.

6. The mapping of gear down/up needs to work.

Thank you again for your outstanding work!

Thanks, I've taken note.

Could you please clarify the point 1?

Hello, those errors will not crash DCS: they are caused due to our mod (like every mod with custom cockpit, i.e. A-4E) doesn't carry an ILV file along the edm model of the cockpit. The ILV files are a "shot" of precomputed illumination effects and speedup the loading of the model: infact if you load model viewer any official ED or 3rd party cockpit, the model will load instantly showing the text "ILV precomputed", while with mods the cockpit loading is a lot slower and you will see "ILV draft bounce xx%" with percent incrementing really slow during loading.

Try to attach here your full dcs.log (only this file, in zipped form using the CLIP button), and we may see what really is causing DCS to crash

Hello,

Thank you for your reply - that was very helpful.

By 'switching off' some other mods in the installed modules page (F22, DC3 and A4) everything is now working correctly. I'm not sure what is causing the crash, but it seems like there is a conflict between the mods somewhere.

Anyway - all working now, so no problem!

Thank you again for your help and for making such a wonderful module - it's great fun to fly!

kind regards,

Fin.

Not working for me

Hi, i installed the mod but it keep loading as to AI only. Attached the log. If you could please check it. Got a look at previous post but didnt manage to solve it.

Thanks

dcs.zip

Edited by LCO489
file not loading

Hi, i installed the mod but it keep loading as to AI only. Attached the log. If you could please check it. Got a look at previous post but didnt manage to solve it.

Thanks

Hi, the problem is the Saved Games folder location in your disk: the à of Usuàrios is recognized as special character and will prevent the loading of DLL.

2019-07-27 18:19:51.526 ERROR EDCORE: LoadLibrary failed for D:\Usuários\Luciano\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/MB-339PAN/bin/MB339.dll: (126) Não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado.

2019-07-27 18:19:51.526 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to load D:\Usuários\Luciano\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/MB-339PAN/bin/MB339.dll: (126) Não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado.

You can fix this moving the Saved Games in the root of the disk D for example.

To do this, right click on your Saved Games folder, Select LOCATION tab (should be localização in portuguese), in text box change D:\Usuários\Luciano\Saved Games to D:\Saved Games, click Apply

Edited by Automan

Hi, the problem is the Saved Games folder location in your disk: the à of Usuàrios is recognized as special character and will prevent the loading of DLL.

2019-07-27 18:19:51.526 ERROR EDCORE: LoadLibrary failed for D:\Usuários\Luciano\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/MB-339PAN/bin/MB339.dll: (126) Não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado.

2019-07-27 18:19:51.526 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to load D:\Usuários\Luciano\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/MB-339PAN/bin/MB339.dll: (126) Não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado.

You can fix this moving the Saved Games in the root of the disk D for example.

To do this, right click on your Saved Games folder, Select LOCATION tab (should be localização in portuguese), in text box change D:\Usuários\Luciano\Saved Games to D:\Saved Games, click Apply

Ok. That name Usuários (Users) from Windows in Portuguese. Will that change be automatically recognized by the game? Can it be reversed later?

Could we have another way to fix it so everyone using Windows in Portuguese wouldnt need to change the path?

Thank you for the quick reply and for your efforts with the game community.

Ok. That name Usuários (Users) from Windows in Portuguese. Will that change be automatically recognized by the game? Can it be reversed later?

Could we have another way to fix it so everyone using Windows in Portuguese wouldnt need to change the path?

Thank you for the quick reply and for your efforts with the game community.

Yes, the Saved Games folder is a special folder retrieved in Windows Registry: moving location will automatically move the files inside and will write the new key of the location in the Registry, so that every game (not only DCS) in search of the Saved Games folder is able to find it.

Obviously this operation can be reversed.

Sadly we are not able to find the cause of this behaviour, most probably Eagle Dynamics don't even think that some modders were able to put an EFM mod in Saved Games folder: the loading problem is not only for portuguese, but even cyrillic and maybe greek can be a problem too.

So the only walkaround that came in mind to fix this is to change Saved Games location.

Hi,

First I want to thank the team for this terrific mod. I just have one question : how do I activate smoke?

I've done everything according to the instructions. First i loaded the smoke for the rearm screen. Then when airborn, I switch on the master arm, then the smoke arm, then only color/white smoke switch, but I couldn't get to release any smoke.

Im using DCS steam version open beta, but during installation I chose the stable version because for reason the installer couldn't detect the game folder if I choose open beta. Could that be part of the problem? Thanks.

Hi,

First I want to thank the team for this terrific mod. I just have one question : how do I activate smoke?

I've done everything according to the instructions. First i loaded the smoke for the rearm screen. Then when airborn, I switch on the master arm, then the smoke arm, then only color/white smoke switch, but I couldn't get to release any smoke.

Im using DCS steam version open beta, but during installation I chose the stable version because for reason the installer couldn't detect the game folder if I choose open beta. Could that be part of the problem? Thanks.

Hi and thank you!

Once you have activated all switches on the smoke panel, you have to use the smoke commands located on the hotas (go in "Adjust controls" menu and find the commands white smoke and color smoke and assign the buttons you prefer). This finally activates the smokes.

For more details consult the manual under the section "MB339 PAN version"

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

Hello,

with the old version, it was possible to put the trim elevator on an axis by adding the following lines in input / joystick / default.lua:

{action = iCommandPlaneTrimPitchAbs, name = "Trim Elevator"},

With the new version 2.0, it is impossible for me to put this function, very practical in training flight.

Do you have a solution to my problem?

Thank you

FMJPA