** DCS-F14 PRE-ORDER NOW AVAILABLE! Gameplay Reveal Video Update **

Cobra847

Nicholas, the video is restricted...

Sounds like a coutry-related issue to me. What country are you from if you do not mind me asking? It might be blocked there for whatever reason.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the "B" Tomcat Lantirn capable?

It's listed in the first post as one of the features:

"A functional simulation of the LANTIRN designator pod, allowing the RIO to guide laser guided munitions dropped by the pilot or other aircraft (buddy-lasing)."

They announced way back that the A will be a mid 80's fit, while the B will be some early 90's fit (well, I guess it will be more like mid since they'll include some rudimentary LTS pod support through the TID).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Other than the rear facing rear cockpit view, I hope we'll get an in-cockpit pilot and RIO at release too - for VR it's invaluable for me. I also didn't see any shots of the rio cockpit either. Can't wait for the all the new videos to come. Going to be awesome.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

How about Forrestal class carriers?

Maybe we need to brace ourselves for the fact that the Forrestal class carrier might not be included with the F-14, but as a separate module?

I too thought that the carrier is conspicuously absent.

Not that I'd mind at all. Looks like we're going to be getting much more than our money's worth with the F-14 A and B alone.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hope HB are going to be working with Hollywood for Vaicom 2.5 function. As good as the Jester AI interface looks, I'd prefer just to use Vaicom

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I just took the plunge!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

The trailer is one of the coolest sim trailer I have seen. The music, the cutting, the sound… beautiful! I guess it will sell the plane even to those who are not sim enthusiast. :D

Well done "trailer makers"!

(I have watched it 10 times in a row and got goosebumps a few times although I was not hyped about the release before :D )

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

That is an impressive trailer.

Am I reading too much between the lines? When the trailer says that the Jester AI will "allow you to fly and fight in the F14 in single player", it sounds like it may not be usable in multiplayer?

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

If i was a multiplayer server admin, I'd disable Jester AI if I had the option. I hope that's an option.

If the server could disable the AI, what would happen if a number of pilots chose to fly the Tomcat, and nobody took the second seat? I think that's a realistic possibility, when most people might want to actually fly.

I have flown other WW2 simulators/games, where some of the planes could be populated by a second human as a gunner. However, it's not uncommon for somebody to jump into your plane and not be much help. Or worse still, shoot up your own plane (To be fair, unlikely in a Tomcat). But at least the pilot can choose to lock down the second seat, and let it be populated by an AI instead.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Anybody noticed the sharp salute before being launched off the cat? Boy oh boy... *drool*

Totally! Seems like Heatblur really raised the bar for everyone else in the 'eye-candy' department. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If i was a multiplayer server admin, I'd disable Jester AI if I had the option. I hope that's an option.

why would you disable it I am sure there are players who don't have a live person to fly as RIO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Dusting off VHS copy of "TOPGUN"

Don't forget to dust off the interior of the VHS player as well... rdlaugh.png

Along with a Diet Pepsi, right? It's the Choice of a New Generation, after all.

Nah... that utterly ugly taste of Aspartame and Acesulfame-K is probably the most disgusting one in existance... I don't get how anyone can drink, let alone enjoy this s#!t ewgay.png

I'd just have a good cider instead ajmug.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I don't get how anyone can drink, let alone enjoy this s#!t

Every soda pop tastes good when ice-cold! Especially the 'diet' ones. :D

(reality kicks in when you try and 'enjoy' it at room temperature)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

By the way, watching the video again, where the Tomcat is on the cat about to launch, the diverters are up, I can see the No. 3 intake ramp in the middle position, isn't that wrong? They are supposed to be in stowed position until you hit the transonic regimes, then, at supersonic speeds, the ramps close even more. Sure, the AICS could be in manual mode but still, it shouldn't be like that.

I'm not complaining though, the module wasn't even released. Just an interesting thing to see. Beautiful machine, those intakes are damn sexy!

ph8S6BN.png