I'm seeing a weird alien looking blue fog when flying with heavy cloud cover and low visibility. I'm unsure of how long I've had this because this was my first time flying in a thunderstorm.

See the attached screenshots for my graphical settings, weather settings and of course the blue fog itself.

My system specs are: GTX 1070 (no VR), 16 GB RAM, Core i7.

settings.thumb.png.162aa4d6c56aa5532c58adfed519d263.png

weather.thumb.png.319a23fea1acb95b51a820ed26d38ebd.png

fog.thumb.png.ec1d8afd903eac35e55166c1c5ffa3ec.png

Edited by Vampyr

No idea if it's being tracked, but out of curiosity I enabled these conditions and indeed, you're right, looks like everything turns blue.

That being said, various colour issues of fogs/precipitations have been "normal" thing since introduction of Deferred Shading, so you either get used to them and hope for a fix somewhere in the unspecified future, or don't fly in thunderstorm condtitions.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks for confirming, Art. I thought I was only one of few people experiencing this issue because of how infrequently it's brought up. I guess most people don't like flying in thunderstorms.

Just out of curiosity, what manufacturer is your GTX1070 from?

Palit, a budget-oriented brand, which I believe is not known at all on your side of the Atlantic. They do offer, however, a few factory overclocked versions of every major NVidia model, with their own, custom cooler designs, one of which, called "Jetstream" works under my desk as we speak.

Less then a handful of fps behind cards from most known performance brands, but much more than a handful of money staying in the pocket - I'm kind of a guy who doesn't like paying extra just for a fancy, celebrity-brand sticker, you know :D. It's my first GTX from them, but I can't complain and will certainly look at their lineup when time for the next upgrade comes.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I've seen this on me, but I have an AMD Vega 64 graphics card.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Ok, so it doesn't look like the graphics card is to blame, which in turn means that everyone probably has the same blue fog issue.

Guess I'll just avoid thunderstorms until ED gets around to fixing this.