Debolestis Shapeways shop

On another Note are you around Debolestis? I see you haven't posted in a couple of months and I'm wondering if this is still the best way to get in touch with you. I had a request for a couple of custom parts as well as some question regarding a couple of your already avaiable parts.

I am still here. I am realy busy in real life latelly, but if you need something send me a PM. I sometimes don't find time to respond, and then I forget that I had received a PM. In that case please send me a PM again.

I can print stuff myself or you can order from my shapeways store.

• 2 weeks later...

i have received some days ago my new fssb r3 lighting base.

I am worried about my warthog stick, i am afraid it will broke as it seemed to develop a little wiggle.

I was looking to buy a tail piece from that shop but i am uncertain on which to buy if the plastic or metal one...is the plastic strong enough or i need the metal one?also i don't understand this part of the description in the shop page:

It is not possible to print threads in two holes that are holding connector. If you want to make threads you must use proper tap tool for that, on plastic models that will not be necessary.

what this means without the mentioned tap tool i wont be able to screw it back?I have nor the tool nor the skills to do that.

Also another question....will shapeways ship from the US only?as i live in Europe i will have to add taxes to the price?or they can print and ship also from some office in Europe?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

i have received some days ago my new fssb r3 lighting base.

I am worried about my warthog stick, i am afraid it will broke as it seemed to develop a little wiggle.

I was looking to buy a tail piece from that shop but i am uncertain on which to buy if the plastic or metal one...is the plastic strong enough or i need the metal one?also i don't understand this part of the description in the shop page:

It is not possible to print threads in two holes that are holding connector. If you want to make threads you must use proper tap tool for that, on plastic models that will not be necessary.

what this means without the mentioned tap tool i wont be able to screw it back?I have nor the tool nor the skills to do that.

Also another question....will shapeways ship from the US only?as i live in Europe i will have to add taxes to the price?or they can print and ship also from some office in Europe?

Thanks

You don't have to use tap tool but when you unplug the grip you have to be extra careful and unplug the connector with your fingers.

Shapeways ships from US and Europe depending on your location.

You don't have to use tap tool but when you unplug the grip you have to be extra careful and unplug the connector with your fingers.

Shapeways ships from US and Europe depending on your location.

so would you advice the metal one or the plastic one in my situation?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

so would you advice the metal one or the plastic one in my situation?

I don't have experience with fssb base. One guy had problems with wobbling with my tailpieces with fssb. I didn't have much more feedback.

Plastic is much cheaper, I'd try that. You can screw connector to plastic tailpiece as well.

ok thanks

i have ordered black plastick tailpiece and while i was there i also ordered a ab detent for the throttle.

I hope the plastic one will be ok

debolestis

What is the following message at the bottom of your Debolestis' Shapeways store? Is it a Hack?

"I own Prusa I3 Mk3 printer and I can print most of the parts cheaper than Shapeways and with cheaper postage costs. Send me a message if you are interested."

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

debolestis

What is the following message at the bottom of your Debolestis' Shapeways store? Is it a Hack?

"I own Prusa I3 Mk3 printer and I can print most of the parts cheaper than Shapeways and with cheaper postage costs. Send me a message if you are interested."

It is not a hack. I cannot print tailpieces but most of other stuff I can.

debolestis

Now I am confused. Are you Shapeways or is debolestis shapeways store something different?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Like eBay and Amazon, Shapeways allows people to create virtual "stores" to sell their products. Debolestis designs parts, then uploads those designs to Shapeways' servers and Shapeways acts as a middle man taking orders, printing out parts, and shipping them for a fee. But Deblestis also has a 3d printer at home. He is offering to save you money on smaller parts because he can print them out himself with his only costs being the material, wear and tear on the printer, his time, and the shipping versus the fees charged by Shapeways to take care of everything for him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like eBay and Amazon, Shapeways allows people to create virtual "stores" to sell their products. Debolestis designs parts, then uploads those designs to Shapeways' servers and Shapeways acts as a middle man taking orders, printing out parts, and shipping them for a fee. But Deblestis also has a 3d printer at home. He is offering to save you money on smaller parts because he can print them out himself with his only costs being the material, wear and tear on the printer, his time, and the shipping versus the fees charged by Shapeways to take care of everything for him.

Thank you, I wouldn't say that better myself. Shapeways minimum postage cost is arround 15 dollars for US and EU, much more for countries far away. I ship via airmail, maximum cost is 2 or 3 dollars.

streakeagle and debolestis

Now I understand. I was really confused as to whom I was dealing with. I intend to order the WH TM panel plates from him directly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have few more parts available.

First there is new throttle part, it was made per request. It has push through detent at 80%.

710x528_26177450_14173323_1547409289.jpg

I made new lever for F18. It is park/emerg lever, it is only available from me directly, so no Shapeways for this one.

4lgS4ng.png

g8Ysu2T.jpg

I have blank Warthog throttle plates, available also directly from me.

C26EEik.jpg

ZTLoLAP.jpg

Does this line up with the F18's afterburner without using curves?

I don't know, I don't have working throttle at the moment so I need feedback.

Bad news is that Shapeways raised prices for new prints and I think soon for all prints. You can see in my store that this part is double the price when compared to other simillar parts.

My printer does a good job, I will print most of the parts much chraper. 10 Euros, shipping included for a part like this, postage is always around 2 or 3 Euros.

VKB grip electronics don't work with Warthog base - use different buttons controller inside with proprietary firmware and use digital protocol in 3 wires interface.

- The promised MCG grip Warthog base compatible was not released.

Rest the option of remove VKB electronics and install an shift Register, will require PS2 connector in your adapter.

Edited by Sokol1_br

VKB grip electronics don't work with Warthog base - use different buttons controller inside with proprietary firmware and use digital protocol in 3 wires interface.

- The promised MCG grip Warthog base compatible was not released.

Rest the option of remove VKB electronics and install an shift Register, will require PS2 connector in your adapter.

Thank you Sokol, it looked like that to me. How many switches are there? It looks to me that electronics could be easily replaced with one 4021 shift register. PCB just have to be smaller.