The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

• 2 weeks later...

I have my JSGME folder in C\USERS\USERS\SAVED GAMES\DCS.OPEN BETA\_MODS. When I open the JSGME folder, all of my mods are listed.

I also have a _MODS folder in the same as above. When I open the _MODS folder, the same mods are listed.

But, I can't get any of those mods to work after they are activated.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by TWC_SLAG
mistake

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Is there an alternative mod manager to the outdated JSGME and otherwise not available OvGME?

No alternative that I know of, but OvGME can still be downloaded from this link:

https://www.yurgon.de/uploads/dcs/OvGME.zip

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have my JSGME folder in C\USERS\USERS\SAVED GAMES\DCS.OPEN BETA\_MODS. When I open the JSGME folder, all of my mods are listed.

I also have a _MODS folder in the same as above. When I open the _MODS folder, the same mods are listed.

But, I can't get any of those mods to work after they are activated.

What am I doing wrong?

When you open JSGME does it show your game path greyed out under the heading "Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6......"? I can't remember how it gets there but if it doesn't you could try reinstalling JsGME.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

That might not be a bad idea. I’ll try that.

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

C\USERS\USERS\SAVED GAMES\DCS.OPEN BETA\_MODS

The greyed out game path is the same as above. There shouldn't be a problem here, but there is.

TWC_SLAG

• 2 weeks later...
C\USERS\USERS\SAVED GAMES\DCS.OPEN BETA\_MODS

The greyed out game path is the same as above. There shouldn't be a problem here, but there is.

If the above isn’t the correct thread to save mods in DCS 2.5 using JSGME, what is?

TWC_SLAG

As i recall JSGME has to have the _MOD folder in the root of the game install location... That said, as mentioned previously, JSGME will no longer fully work correctly as its a 32 bit application and cannot handle the larger files that are now part of the 64 bit DCS package

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

As i recall JSGME has to have the _MOD folder in the root of the game install location... That said, as mentioned previously, JSGME will no longer fully work correctly as its a 32 bit application and cannot handle the larger files that are now part of the 64 bit DCS package

It has also been said previously, that JSGME works just fine in DCS 2.5. So, Whats the real answer?

TWC_SLAG

It has also been said previously, that JSGME works just fine in DCS 2.5. So, Whats the real answer?
Without knowing for sure, but the 32bit thing will prevent it from handling bigger files (>4Gb or something if I'm not mistaken). So as long as the files you are trying to use it with isn't too big, it will work just fine.

But regardless, I definitely recommend the newer OvGME. It works better and is more configurable than JSGME. And you can use the same MOD folder for several instances of DCS if you have that. It was supported by the dev until a couple of months ago, but unfortunately he decided for whatever reason to stop working on it, but have left all sources to the community to at least keep it running. But as I said, it works basically flawless for me.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

DCS now contains many files with the base install that are larger than 4GB.

You may be able to click the button to install a mod, but you will fail any attempt run the main function to capture all of the original files which is really important if you need to have the tool restore things.

So it may be said that it still works but it cant, not all of the functions can possibly work. A 32bit app cannot handle files larger than 4gb.

Ovgme is 64bit and is a lot more flexible, its development has went cold and thats a shame, but you can still get it on the forums here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 1 month later...

I had JSGME working on DCS Release. Moved it to Open Beta, because I'm mostly there, and boom... it doesn't work! Did everything to install it into OB just like I did with Release version and it just doesn't work. Any idea?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I had JSGME working on DCS Release. Moved it to Open Beta, because I'm mostly there, and boom... it doesn't work! Did everything to install it into OB just like I did with Release version and it just doesn't work. Any idea?

Did you check folder paths and move all your _MODS to openbeta installation?

Or just update the Release to Openbeta and it should still work. My 'openbeta' update is now in "DCS World" not "DCS.openbeta" and Saved Games still DCS.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

If you read back a few posts you will see JSGME will not work with the newer versions of DCS. Search for OvGME and you will find the thread and the download for that tool which will still work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

A Quick Question about JSGME

Hi All.

JSGME. Is this also used for installing Liveries/Skin Jobs?

I ask because i have downloaded some for the AV8B. Its some Liv's for the RAF and RNFAA

Are Liveries classed as a Mod?

I have looked through your Guide but cannot see anything about it, probably missed it.

I got the unzipped folder to show up in the GME but nothing shows up in game so to speak.

The folder has 9 Liveries inside. I tried to add each folder but it will only let me use one.

Any ideas/thoughts much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

JSGME. Is this also used for installing Liveries/Skin Jobs?

No, you dont need JSGME for installing Liveries.

Are Liveries classed as a Mod?

In my opinion, they are not Mods .. in fact at ED's User Files section, they have their own section, apart from Mods.

I got the unzipped folder to show up in the GME but nothing shows up in game so to speak.

The folder has 9 Liveries inside. I tried to add each folder but it will only let me use one.

Any ideas/thoughts much appreciated.

Here there is an explanation of where put the Harrier liveries:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3540928&postcount=2

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...
Everytime i run snapshot, I get this error about 60% of the way through

I know that this thread is very long ... but this has been reported before ... the cause is that JSGME is an old 32-bit App that cant handle files larger than 2 GB ..

.. and since DCS 2.0 appeared, DCS now has a few files larger than that size, for example Nevada.surface5 at 3.67GB, it fails when doing a snapshot ... and it would also fail if you had a Mod that altered such a file.

anyway to fix?

One way would be to not do snapshots, as they are not imperative. The other way would be to use a 64-bit Mod manager, on my case I use OvGME.

• 3 months later...
Thank you for this... I know it's old news, but I hope it is still accurate!

It is very much accurate. YOu should be able to find OvGME on the forums here. The person that was maintaining that app has stopped doing so as well, but it still works perfectly with DCS.

I do wish this thread would be un-stickied as the tool its all about doesn't fully work anymore, or the OP should be updated with such into and a pointer to OvGME or something like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]