P51D Videos - Page 29 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-03-2016, 06:03 PM   #281
The Black Swan

Reputation power: 5
The Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the rough

Posted this a few weeks back in the screens and video section but didn't post it in the
P-51D video thread.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D3un_PYHQOA

Last edited by The Black Swan; 01-05-2017 at 02:07 PM.
The Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:03 AM   #282
supesoft

Reputation power: 0
supesoft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Busutil View Post
I have been working on this for the last two days. I hope you like it.

Enjoyed the video. One struggles the other does not. I appreciate how difficult this is. Well done!
supesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #283
Mike Busutil

Reputation power: 21
Mike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of lightMike Busutil is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by supesoft View Post
Enjoyed the video. One struggles the other does not. I appreciate how difficult this is. Well done!

Thank you sir. I appreciate that.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:52 AM   #284
FA_Crazy-Canuck

Reputation power: 12
FA_Crazy-Canuck has a spectacular aura aboutFA_Crazy-Canuck has a spectacular aura aboutFA_Crazy-Canuck has a spectacular aura about
Default DCS P-51D - Combat Camera - Burning Skies Server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkl8...j4huv3oczcrgic
FA_Crazy-Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:39 AM   #285
DeepDrummer

Reputation power: 2
DeepDrummer will become famous soon enoughDeepDrummer will become famous soon enough

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 16 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, BENQ XL2720Z monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA GTX 980 4 gig video. TM Hotas Wartog. MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.
DeepDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:42 PM   #286
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepDrummer View Post
I love the contrast that some of those videos bring. In your video the modern pilot (with 9 years of experience on it!) says that the plane will kill you if you do not keep to the strict "by the book" approach to flying, and that it has vicious stalling characteristics.

While in this video at the beging WW2 pilots say that it was an easy plane to fly with no bad habits xD

Difference between generations?

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Last edited by Solty; 06-18-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 AM   #287
FlyingPhotog

Reputation power: 1
FlyingPhotog is on a distinguished road

One has an insurance policy to consider. The other did not...
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #288
DeepDrummer

Reputation power: 2
DeepDrummer will become famous soon enoughDeepDrummer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post
I love the contrast that some of those videos bring. In your video the modern pilot (with 9 years of experience on it!) says that the plane will kill you if you do not keep to the strict "by the book" approach to flying, and that it has vicious stalling characteristics.

While in this video at the beginning WW2 pilots say that it was an easy plane to fly with no bad habits xD

Difference between generations?

I think the difference is in the equipment really. Those older pilots got their first taste of the air in those times. I started DCS a year or two ago in a P51. I got good enough that I just hopped in and off I went thinking nothing of it. Then, I found jets. I flogged an F-15 for a long time and got it all down. It was so easy to fly, it was ridiculous. Then a year off flying in zero gravity and no atmosphere and DCS came out with a Spitfire. So here I am after a couple weeks setting up my controls on the P51 and the Spitfire and my take offs and landings are just on the wrong side of the verge still. The equipment spoils you. Jets have no twitchiness and stuff and so hopping from jets to tail dragging piston pounders is more of a shock than the other way around. People are people. Being born in the 50s when a 15" black and white tv was a special treat, these old flics are the best. That bouncy landing at 16:20 or so sure looks like mine ..on a good day. I Love the piston pounders.
When you dedicate one PC for DCS only, I fear, there is no turning back.
I tend to almost run from these videos into my sim pit.
I bow in the presence of everyone who has ever had control of plane.
It has to be life changing.
Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 16 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, BENQ XL2720Z monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA GTX 980 4 gig video. TM Hotas Wartog. MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.
DeepDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #289
skliff13

Reputation power: 0
skliff13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepDrummer View Post
09:30 "If Mustang goes into a spin it takes 9000 feet to get out of it."

Gotta check this in DCS!
Old 06-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #290
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skliff13 View Post
09:30 "If Mustang goes into a spin it takes 9000 feet to get out of it."

Gotta check this in DCS!
You get out of a spin within seconds and I would say 500ft tops but it is realy hard to get into a spin in that plane.

Not to mention that real life pilots like Don Bryan and Richard Candaleria used snap rolls in combat to get out of bad situations.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote