Just so disappointed with server numbers - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #21
xcom

Reputation power: 10
xcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
None of the popular MP servers cater for NTTR/Normandy. If the 104th, BF, Open conflict, ACG etc ported their missions and server to 2.1 then you would see far more traffic.

As it stands however, its far too much work to do that. So really its only 'single' player servers currently up.

Edit: the 104th have run events in the NTTR map which went down well.
BuddySpike are planning to get Blue Flag running for Normandy soon, we are trying to monitor the constant feedback about issues in the Normandy map to understand if it's possible.
So far, we believe that the reported performance issues will also affect stability in big scale missions and players, but we will soon give it a try.

Look for our update soon on BF in Normandy.
xcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #22
SeaW0lf

Reputation power: 4
SeaW0lf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavagai View Post
We would be lucky to have airquake. That would mean being able to count on air combat within a few minutes of takeoff (if that's what you're looking for). Airquake is the foundation for more interesting types of play. People need someplace to practice and improve.
Agreed. It is good to have a server to just practice.
There will be honor enough for us all -- Win7 64 / i7-3770K / Zalman CNPS9900 NT mod Viper 140 / GA-Z77X-D3H / GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB / G-Skill 16GB 2400Mhz / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Corsair RM 750W / Carbide 300R / G940 / TrackIR 5 / Philips 298P4QJEB --
SeaW0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #23
///Rage

Reputation power: 35
///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
BuddySpike are planning to get Blue Flag running for Normandy soon, we are trying to monitor the constant feedback about issues in the Normandy map to understand if it's possible.
So far, we believe that the reported performance issues will also affect stability in big scale missions and players, but we will soon give it a try.

Great! WW2 or modern?

www.51st.org
///Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #24
xcom

Reputation power: 10
xcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the rough

WW2
xcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #25
saburo_cz

Reputation power: 5
saburo_cz will become famous soon enoughsaburo_cz will become famous soon enoughsaburo_cz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
BuddySpike are planning to get Blue Flag running for Normandy soon,
It is really GOOD news for me (hopefully not only for me), thanks for that

i enjoyed Case Blue campaign and i look forward to another WWII online campaign
Old 06-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #26
kobeshow

Reputation power: 4
kobeshow will become famous soon enoughkobeshow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
"Exploring mission potential"
Hah yeah, cracks you up doesn't it? I can only imagine the troubles you had to go through with MOOSE.

Server hosters/mission designers just havo to work around alot of things that restrict the multiplayer community from flourishing. OP's reason #2 being the main offender in my opinion.
But as long as there are people who just buy everything that is released and then park it somewhere without using it, things will remain the way they are, or at least proceeding at "moderate" speed.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:44 PM   #27
Pikey

Reputation power: 30
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

To give this a little more flesh on the bone, began testing performance individually on Day 2 of release. A few days later had tested out the B17 formations, scenery destruction and the new functions with placing markers on map via scripting and came across the first bug with explosions.
2nd June - provided a reproducible bug of CTD's caused by explosions which affected the following key mission design elements: Carpet bombing, artillery Fire at point and random shots exploding scenery. For a while it was also triggering in a Flak script when close to ground.
13th June - Someone had discovered that it was related to a scripting framework that I used in the mission.
17th June - Discovered that the issue exists when the the explosion event that killed a static scenery object asked for it's name.
local IniTypeName = EventData.initiator:getTypeName()
local IniCategory = EventData.initiator:getCategory()

18th and on - working on workaround that doesn't call the bugged function.

All this, when I'm not playing with other games or working or not actually flying, it's just the tiniest example of how slow a complex game takes to ramp up to full gear. Remember we are in a release phase that isn't even feature complete. I would certainly want to hold off for things like more bombers, Allied artillery units, flak that doesn't kill frames.

I'm sure other content creators that host large and more public servers have way more issues ahead of them and problems to solve, but a tiny slice of my experience might help some understanding. I don't take the mis alignment of expectations personally, I think we'd all love to jump right into WW2 complex missions on servers, the fact is that it's more than just simply placing some things on a map and saying job done. The sucess of Blue Flag is in that complexity that took years of ideas and refinement from a group of people. Most server admins aspire to have something interesting people keep comign back for.

We'll get there, but l'd believe much later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeshow View Post
Hah yeah, cracks you up doesn't it? I can only imagine the troubles you had to go through with MOOSE.

Server hosters/mission designers just havo to work around alot of things that restrict the multiplayer community from flourishing. OP's reason #2 being the main offender in my opinion.
But as long as there are people who just buy everything that is released and then park it somewhere without using it, things will remain the way they are, or at least proceeding at "moderate" speed.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 AM   #28
Swam-e

Reputation power: 0
Swam-e has a spectacular aura aboutSwam-e has a spectacular aura aboutSwam-e has a spectacular aura aboutSwam-e has a spectacular aura about

Just to count on the stats i 'm waiting all things to get polished and Steam version released. Meanwhile i keep myself satisfied with my Mig-3.
Swam-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:06 AM   #29
Scarecrow84

Reputation power: 2
Scarecrow84 has a spectacular aura aboutScarecrow84 has a spectacular aura aboutScarecrow84 has a spectacular aura about

I lost interest because of the stuttering issues. I used to fly Nevada, but it crashes now in MP when I try to open the Nevada Virtual Aerobatics server.

I'm hoping they can improve performance, but I'm not sure if that is even a realistic hope, or if we are looking at an object count limit type of thing...

I was most looking forward to the revamped Caucuses map, but now I don't know how that is going to work out considering these performance issues.
Scarecrow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #30
amazingme

Reputation power: 6
amazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Brilliant news! This is what we're all looking for..ward
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, Saitek X55 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, 27" monitor, TN panel, 1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote