Badgers F-16A/C Mega Skin Pack - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #11
toutenglisse

Reputation power: 2
toutenglisse is on a distinguished road

Hi, thx for the skins but on some models (aggressors) the cockade (right word??) is twice (see picture). On a model like "desert scheme" the fus/rud pictures have no cockade so it's ok the us standard cockades are single.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f16skin.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	164441  
Old 06-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #12
Charlie_01

Reputation power: 10
Charlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toutenglisse View Post
Hi, thx for the skins but on some models (aggressors) the cockade (right word??) is twice (see picture). On a model like "desert scheme" the fus/rud pictures have no cockade so it's ok the us standard cockades are single.
This is a weird behaviour...
To fix the well-known issue of the doubled country-markings should be enough the two lines
{"texture USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};
{"texture USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

you can find into the file "description.lua" that is in the livery folder.

Do you have the file named "empty.png" placed into your DCS world\bazar\TempTextures directory?

If you do, so you can maybe try to place as well in the same directory two empty (=transparent) skins named one "USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA.dds" and the other "USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA.dds".

Then using Notpad++ (or a similar text editor, not the standard Notepad of Windows) you have to deactivate the two lines above placing a double "-" at the beginning as following.

--{"texture USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};
--{"texture USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

Let us know.

Last edited by Charlie_01; 06-18-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Charlie_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #13
Charlie_01

Charlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the roughCharlie_01 is a jewel in the rough
Default Fix for doubled country-markings

Ok, I've tested the new skins and I've just experienced the same issue.
Few more tests and I've found out the right fix.
The culprits as expected are the two lines written in previous post.

Anyway the fix is even easier than I thought...
Enough to change the lines from uppercase to lowercase!! LOL!!

So it seems the .lua files are case sensitive... Good to know.

Last edited by Charlie_01; 06-18-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:33 AM   #14
uscstaylor

uscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura about

Hey thanks for the input. Do as Charlie said in the above post and all done..So much testing and painting, it must have gotten over looked. Salute!

http://www.vfa-37.com/

Spoiler:
Asus Z-170E Motherboard, Intel i7- 6700K @ 4.2 Ghz, Water Cooled | 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD l 32gb Cruicbal Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Mhz l Gigayte GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme video card | TM Warthog HOTAS+ Extension|T-Rudder Pedals Mk. III |Track IR5 Pro| Windows 10 64 bit

Last edited by uscstaylor; 06-19-2017 at 01:06 PM.
uscstaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:51 AM   #15
Neon

Reputation power: 1
Neon is on a distinguished road

Good stuff man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:29 AM   #16
uscstaylor

uscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura aboutuscstaylor has a spectacular aura about

Thanks enjoy

Spoiler:
Asus Z-170E Motherboard, Intel i7- 6700K @ 4.2 Ghz, Water Cooled | 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD l 32gb Cruicbal Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Mhz l Gigayte GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme video card | TM Warthog HOTAS+ Extension|T-Rudder Pedals Mk. III |Track IR5 Pro| Windows 10 64 bit
Old 06-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #17
Charlie_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscstaylor View Post
Hey thanks for the input. Do as Charlie said in the above post and all done..So much testing and painting, it must have gotten over looked. Salute!

{"texture usa-znak-lightgray.tga f2 g0",0,"empty",true};
{"texture usa-znak-darkgray.tga f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

I've not yet tested that too (too busy making my own skins), but it could be the same with the lines about the pilot.
It maybe worth to check it as well.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #18
uscstaylor

These lines added to the lau were in effort to try and get rid of the double tail numbers, so in essence they aren't needed. You can even delete them from the lau file. Not sure what your talking about with the pilot line.
My end the plane skins are all good to go. What issues are you having with the pilot?

{"texture USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};
{"texture USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

If anyone has an issue with skin pack please just send me a PM thanks

Spoiler:

Last edited by uscstaylor; 06-19-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #19
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Looking great, Badger!

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #20
toutenglisse

Reputation power: 2
toutenglisse is on a distinguished road

Thx much Charlie 01 - problem solved.
Flying F-16a mod with these skins is cool