Forrestal Development Update: Deck Crew WiP! - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #21
Medic8ed

Reputation power: 10
Medic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of lightMedic8ed is a glorious beacon of light

If I look out the cockpit and zoom to see that detail, I think I will poo my pants...

Good work guys, can't wait to see this beautiful bird and its assets come together!
Medic8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #22
westr

westr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent90 View Post
I'm more worried about the deck crew animations to be honest. Do you already have ideas how you're going to make them behave 'not-roboty'?

EDIT: And wasn't a similar crew planned for the Viggen? And if that is the case; Is it still on the roadmap?
I am wondering about the same thing. Would love to hear about potential animation with crew. These renders however are out of this world.
westr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
probad

Reputation power: 8
probad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent90 View Post
I'm more worried about the deck crew animations to be honest. Do you already have ideas how you're going to make them behave 'not-roboty'?

EDIT: And wasn't a similar crew planned for the Viggen? And if that is the case; Is it still on the roadmap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by westr View Post
I am wondering about the same thing. Would love to hear about potential animation with crew. These renders however are out of this world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post

As mentioned in the last update, our goal is to try and include as many deck animations as we possibly can. Of course, it's quite possible that this particular feature will not launch together with the carrier or aircraft.
However, that has not stopped us taking our first steps with Motion Capture.

Here's a rough capture (pre-cleanup) of one of the many animation sequences we'll be looking to recreate

probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #24
westr

westr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post

[/INDENT]
Ah yes I remember now this was part of the then Leatherneck update some time back. Thanks for reminding me I had got confused as to which 3rd party developer had done this.
Thats great news.
westr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #25
watermanpc

Reputation power: 14
watermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of lightwatermanpc is a glorious beacon of light

just MIND BLOWING!... please, can we have some video of this in movement?
-ULTRA Weathered F-5 skin here
-Increased Heat Blur distance and quality here
watermanpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #26
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 43
Cobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermanpc View Post
just MIND BLOWING!... please, can we have some video of this in movement?
We'll be showing off plenty more of our crew as we continue along.
We have to create all the other <colour>-shirts too!

FWIW; this is a game-ready, FPS-friendly, WYSIWYG model. It will look like this, and it will not impact your FPS in any significant way due to the detail level.

Director | Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #27
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 25
Coxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to all

@Corbra can you make one atleast dance just for fun lol

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #28
Guitrz

Reputation power: 3
Guitrz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
I back this

Amazing work Heatblur.
Guitrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #29
smirkza

Reputation power: 4
smirkza is on a distinguished road

Just... Wow!

That's some damn fine work right there!

Also, +1 for the dancing idea!

Smirkza
smirkza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #30
Oceandar

Reputation power: 14
Oceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Gangnam Style please

Awesome works. Love it so much