has the trim changed with DCS 2.1 update 1 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-03-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
wolle

Reputation power: 9
wolle is a jewel in the roughwolle is a jewel in the roughwolle is a jewel in the roughwolle is a jewel in the roughwolle is a jewel in the roughwolle is a jewel in the rough
Default has the trim changed with DCS 2.1 update 1

I just updated to today's update 1 for DCS 2.1 and took the Bf-109 for a spin. Whereas I needed to always trim her fully nose-heavy to achieve level cruise flight, now I can leave the trim more or less neutral. Has this changed?

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro
wolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:40 AM   #2
PingPongChampeen

Reputation power: 1
PingPongChampeen will become famous soon enoughPingPongChampeen will become famous soon enoughPingPongChampeen will become famous soon enough

I just was going to ask this, but since I already flew I can say yeah they changed it. The slider doesnt seem to function, but there are trim controls in the flight control menu now that lets you trim elevators up and down, and rudders left and right.

Edit - I misread your post the first time, but I thnk its still relevant.
Intel 6700k o/c 4.65ghz | 32gb GSkill Ripjaw 2 DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z170 Premium | MSI GTX 1080FE | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | TM Warthog | TM Cougar MFD |Obutto Ozone | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | TrackIr 4 | Windows 10 Pro
A-10C | AJS37 | Bf109 K-4 | C-101 | FC3 | F-5E | F-86 | FW109-D9 | Hawk T1A | Ka-50 | L39 | Mig-15Bis | Mig-21Bis | M-2000C | Mi-8MTV2 | P-51D | Spitfire Mk. IX | SA342 | UH-1H
PingPongChampeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
pegon

Reputation power: 0
pegon has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Got it totally different. Even when i trim nose full down, it climbs.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #4
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 16
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

I did not experience any change, I always had to trim it fully down and it still went slightly up at 500 kph or so
Old 06-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #5
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 102
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

I haven't seen any change.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:23 AM   #6
javelina1

Reputation power: 20
javelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of light

Me neither. No change noticed here.

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1
javelina1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #7
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 49
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

she always climbs with 2 degrees of nose down trim for me. running 156
Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #8
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 7
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about

I do not see this in 2.1. When the trim wheel is in the neutral positon (0) the the nose goes down. I have to trim slightly tail-heavy to get level flight without stick input. I control the trim wheel with an axis (slider of the TM WH throttle). The only criticism I have is that the upper 30% of the axis control have no effect. That's a poor implementation of the axis control for the trim wheel and it's the same if I bind the left throttle lever to the trim wheel.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
Art-J

Reputation power: 17
Art-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of light

^ That's an interesting observation, because for me, just like a couple of guys above, even full nose down trim cannot make the plane fly level at cruise settings (1.05-1.1 ATA) - pushing the stick is alway necessary. Both in 1.5.6 and 2.1.

I control the trim via keyboard, though. Does assigning it to slider/rotary change the physics of the plane? In theory it shouldn't, but maybe we've discovered some glitch?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #10
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 102
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
^ That's an interesting observation, because for me, just like a couple of guys above, even full nose down trim cannot make the plane fly level at cruise settings (1.05-1.1 ATA) - pushing the stick is alway necessary. Both in 1.5.6 and 2.1.

I control the trim via keyboard, though. Does assigning it to slider/rotary change the physics of the plane? In theory it shouldn't, but maybe we've discovered some glitch?
I dont think it makes a difference where you assign it, but I wonder if its more of inconstancies in controllers, because I have always been able to get a level cruise trim, in fact I have to pull it back some to get level.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote