VR HUD vs 2.5.1

Belphe

Hi,

I decided to try the A-10C in VR (Oculus) after some of you reported the HUD has been fixed but discovered that it was not the case, at least not for me.

The default seat position is making the upper half of my HUD invisible. I have to significantly lower my head to see the symbology now. Before it was the lower portion of the HUD that I wasn't seeing.

I obviously tried moving my in-game seat up and down and resetting my Oculus' default position but it is not fixing the problem.

I have made no modifications to any of my DCS files as this is a fresh install.

Please, assist or at least tell me you're having similar issues.

Thank you!

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I not sure if it's real good just yet for VR, it is better. All I do is sit comfortable and reset Rift position, then lean in 2 to 3 inches and reset the Rift position again. That gets it sort of rightish once I lean back to the normal spot... Then move the seat up in the A-10C.

I don't try and get the view right with my virtual head on the back of virtual headrest, just forward 3 to 4 inches off the virtual headrest, good there and even better when leaning in from there etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I have never had issues with reading the HUD fonts. Perhaps it may be time to make an appointment for a quick eye check?

As long as you increase the pixel density very slightly (I use 1.2 at the present time), you will have a perfectly clear, legible HUD.

Hi,

The default seat position is making the upper half of my HUD invisible. I have to significantly lower my head to see the symbology now. Before it was the lower portion of the HUD that I wasn't seeing.

I have the exact same challenges with 2.5.1!

I thought there was a post reporting the same issue shortly after the release of 2.5.1 but I couldnt find it after some searching in the forum.

So thank you for posting this!

I have also tried to reset VR position in different angles just to try to find something "in between" that works, but that was no joy.

Intel i7-8700K 4.8Ghz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windblows 10, 512 SSD

Virpil MongoosT-50 base with TM Warthog Stick

TM Warthog Throttle

MFG Crosswind

HP Reverb G1

this is so weird.

i wonder if real pilots have to lean forward and down as much as i do with VR in this thing. :D

i guess we just have to get used to it. ;)

It has been said many times that yes, they do need to lean in to see the full HUD.

I cannot confirm though as I've never driven a Hog myself :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Correct - they lean forward to see the bottom portion of the HUD better. As it stands now in DCS we need to duck to see the upper portion..

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The complaint I was seeing from a lot of people with the A-10C pre-2.5.1 was that the default view position for VR was too close to the panel. But, it was actually pretty close to where its supposed to be.

With 2.5.1, however, the default position is way too far back, and slightly high. So, from what I can see, they took what was actually pretty close to reality and broke it in 2.5.1. Since the image is projected on the HUD, how much of it you see is going to be dependent on your distance from the HUD and your seat height. I believe the HUD is calibrated for a set distance and viewing angle in the real thing, so they just need to fix that in 2.5.1. I think the only workaround for it is to push your seat back from where you're normally going to sit, sit a few inches higher than you normally would, and then set VR center. There are lots of other things in 2.5.1 that are broken right now, so my workaround has just been flying in 2.5 stable until they get some of the issues worked out. Not sure if default position in VR is on their radar though. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

With 2.5.1, however, the default position is way too far back, and slightly high. So, from what I can see, they took what was actually pretty close to reality and broke it in 2.5.1.

i think the seating position is good now... at least you're seating with your back rested in the seat... before, you were sitting on the top of the stick.

maybe they could recalibrate the HUD projection so it's visible for this new distance?

I just tried it in VR and after adjusting in game seat height I found the sweet spot where I could see all the HUD. I also have a key bind that resets VR view which helps a lot. If I feel I am to close or to far I adjust my seat position out of game and the reset vr view. Takes a few seconds to do with no problems.

I like the way they have changed it. Feels more natural.