Looking for a relaxed squad / group

Tumbleweed

Hi,

I'm looking for a relaxed squad or group of regular people to fly DCS with preferably in Europe or UK (for ping reasons only).

I've been in the air now for about 6 - 8 months on and off and I now feel I'm ready enough to group up with people to fly missions and train with etc.

Due to my erratic life I'm not looking for any serious squadrons because I'd be lying if I said I had the time to commit to the requirements I've seen some squads demand. The problem is, one week I could be available on a set day, then the next week something springs up and I can't make it.

For that reason I wouldn't want to commit to anything serious so I'd just like to meet a group of people that enjoy a mix of flying missions and training or sometimes just screwing about on a reasonably frequent but relaxed basis.

The modules I currently own for DCS are displayed in my Sig but the 3 aircraft I have the most flight experience with are the F-15C, the KA-50 and the P-51D - although as I discovered last night, too much F-15 flying has made me rusty on the 'stang lol.

With regards to training, I am committed and I'd like to get the most out of the aircraft I fly but as I said, my free time is erratic so I get on as and when I can. Sometimes that can be frequently and other times I maybe get a couple of hours in the evenings here and there.

If there's a relaxed friendly squad or group out there that can offer me and my warbirds a friendly hanger I'd love to hear from ya!

A little info about me and my experience:-

Name: Mike

Total Hours Flown: around 50 - 100 hours (exact number unknown)

Skill Level inc Combat: beginner - pointy end forward?

Favoured Aircraft: 1. F-15C 2. KA-50 3. P-51D

Teamspeak: Yes, although a little mic shy

Rig and Sim Equipment: Win7, i5, 8GB Ram, GTX560-OC, Saitek X52 Pro (no pedals), 22inch HD Samsung Monitor, Freetrack - Planning massive upgrade next year after edge is released and stable.

Other Skills, Info etc.

In any other spare time I get I enjoy building missions for DCS, web design, a little programming in C, C++, PHP and MySQL (not an expert), Electronics (micro-computers - Arduino etc), FPS Games, Documentaries, Films, Music - the usual.

I am naturally a quiet person but once I get to know people and feel comfortable with them I come out of my shell but be warned, I have a quirky sense of humor. Some people get me at first, some people don't. Some would even call me eccentric at time LOL

Oh and my memory.... it's terrible LOL :megalol:

Edited by Tumbleweed

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

Hi TeKno

The Art of Warfare (TAW) has a strong and varied background in co-operative online gaming. We are a community of gamers from all over the world who compete together with the spirit of integrity, honor and fair play.

Our community has changed over time as the world of online gaming has evolved. We have expanded to include newer versions of games from tried and tested formats - and adapted our structures to involve gamers from completely new genres.

We are organized with ranks and positions and you can also train together with a Training Instructor towards badges if you want to specialize for one aircraft type. Although there are over 2300 active registered players in TAW the DCS Division currently have 55 active pilots in different positions (about 50% NA and 50% EU). We have some required events and many open events the rest of the week but we are active with something every night. Please check us out in the DCS Division or take a look at the other divisions as well.

Division - Digital Combat Simulator:

http://taw.net/unit/3046/roster.aspx

Other Gaming Divisions:

http://taw.net/units/

The alternative would be to take a look at RAF Air. We're UK based, and just expanding to 2 operational squadrons plus a training and support squadron.

You'd be most welcome, we fly online Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7.30 pm, and in a few days there'll be a dedicated server running 24/7.

You'll not be disappointed with the relaxed friendly atmosphere, and we have plenty of expertise when it comes to flight training and operational deployment.

Neil

http://www.rafairuk.co.uk/index.php/

-=VSAAF=- Might be what you are looking for, we do not recruit but you are always welcome to enlist yourself. We can always use a F15 or KA pilot.

VSAAF (Virtual South African Air Force) have a group of guys from all over the world with about 4 UK members, our server is also based in the UK.

If you just want to fly about, this is where you may want to be.

Our Site: vsaaf.co.za

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

Wow, thank you all for the kind offers. :thumbup:

I'll be checking out each and every squad later tonight when I have a bit more peace and quiet in the house and can hear myself think lol. Bit hectic here on Sunday - with getting the kids ready for school tomorrow.

I don't want to come across as being picky - I just want to make sure the place I call home is the right place both for me and for the squad I join and that I can deliver what is expected.

Thank you all again!!! :pilotfly:

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly: