Why no servers with active Ground/Naval battles?

Revan

I have always wondered, why are there no servers that run missions that have an active ground and/or Naval war? Is it too complex to make a dynamic war? Does it just lag the servers too much? Are the ship based SAM systems too overpowered?

Like the 104th server for example, the ground units for both sides are like across the map from each other.

I think it would be nice to see this in a server for a change.

(don't get me wrong, I like the 104th server, they are like the only server I ever play on.)

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Because they are meant to be enjoyed regardless whether you joined at the start of the mission, in the middle or the end.

Missions with active timeline are normally run in a controlled environment i.e. multiplayer event with a set start and stop time, coop mission with a group of friends etc.

Edited by Sov13t

I have always wondered, why are there no servers that run missions that have an active ground and/or Naval war? Is it too complex to make a dynamic war? Does it just lag the servers too much? Are the ship based SAM systems too overpowered?

Like the 104th server for example, the ground units for both sides are like across the map from each other.

I think it would be nice to see this in a server for a change.

(don't get me wrong, I like the 104th server, they are like the only server I ever play on.)

Grounds units moved on any reasonable scale at all, effect the server in a negative way and can cause warping and crash/lock up. A few convoys moving around is enough to do this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]