Quality of Jf-17?

agentdarnell

So i still have not purchased this as of yet. I have all the modern jets in dcs and wondering how the quality compares to the f-18, f-16, and f-14? Also as an airframe how does it compare?

Its more complete. And mostly bug free.

Airframe wise its something between the hornet and viper.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's the best strike aircraft in the sim right now. Fully functional TOT, easy to use navigation system, fully configurable IAMs, a great targeting pod, MITL cruise missiles, and pretty accurate with dumb bombs if released level below 10k or in a dive. All this stuff works and is mostly bug free.

It is the best SEAD platform in my opinion as well. The LD10 is an excellent ARM. The F16 would be better if it got HARM and HTS.

It's excellent in BVR. The SD10 is a great missile and the aircraft is datalink enabled.

In the dogfight, the airctaft is underpowered. You'll have a turn or two to make something happen or your toast. Fox 2 is ok, but nowhere near as good as the Archer or 9x.

Cons:

Strike: range, payload and speed. You're a erage speed on your way in will be 50-100 knots less. Aar is being added which would help. Payload is limited and you'll likely need tanks, meaning you'll probably be carrying two PGMs on your mission.

SEAD: Not many, but no HTS means you won't have as great a view of the threat rings out there as you'll have no ranging data on emitters. Then again, nothing else in DCS can do this now, anyway.

BVR: Datalink not finished and not as complex as other aircraft. Gimball limits 20 deg smaller, scan sizes smaller, puts you at an acquisition phase disadvantage if no datalink used. Underpowered engine means defensive maneuvers need to use altitude judiciously. You're not a Mirage. If you're firced to the deck, you're stuck there if OPFOR is still nose hot.

Dogfight: Gun is hard to use, rates are mediocre and engine is underpowered. No JHMCS. Really not the aircraft's strong suit.

I love it. It's a unique airframe designed to with a sensors and systems first approach. Hope this helps. All just my opinion of course, others may disagree.

It's the best strike aircraft in the sim right now. Fully functional TOT, easy to use navigation system, fully configurable IAMs, a great targeting pod, MITL cruise missiles, and pretty accurate with dumb bombs if released level below 10k or in a dive. All this stuff works and is mostly bug free.

It is the best SEAD platform in my opinion as well. The LD10 is an excellent ARM. The F16 would be better if it got HARM and HTS.

It's excellent in BVR. The SD10 is a great missile and the aircraft is datalink enabled.

In the dogfight, the airctaft is underpowered. You'll have a turn or two to make something happen or your toast. Fox 2 is ok, but nowhere near as good as the Archer or 9x.

Cons:

Strike: range, payload and speed. You're a erage speed on your way in will be 50-100 knots less. Aar is being added which would help. Payload is limited and you'll likely need tanks, meaning you'll probably be carrying two PGMs on your mission.

SEAD: Not many, but no HTS means you won't have as great a view of the threat rings out there as you'll have no ranging data on emitters. Then again, nothing else in DCS can do this now, anyway.

BVR: Datalink not finished and not as complex as other aircraft. Gimball limits 20 deg smaller, scan sizes smaller, puts you at an acquisition phase disadvantage if no datalink used. Underpowered engine means defensive maneuvers need to use altitude judiciously. You're not a Mirage. If you're firced to the deck, you're stuck there if OPFOR is still nose hot.

Dogfight: Gun is hard to use, rates are mediocre and engine is underpowered. No JHMCS. Really not the aircraft's strong suit.

I love it. It's a unique airframe designed to with a sensors and systems first approach. Hope this helps. All just my opinion of course, others may disagree.

I completely agree. Who doesn´t flew the Jefff maybe disagree. :D

:megalol:

I disagree and fly it.

You have ranging data on emitters with the SPJ, quite handy for SEAD.

Engine is not really underpowered. At least I don't feel like it is underpowered. No JHMCS is also not a big deal, especially because you don't have something like a R-73/AIM-9X.

Range is also quite big, if you know how to though.

Whoa, you guys just blew my mind. Does this show on the HSD with SPJ equipped? Anywhere I can find out more?

It provides a range estimation, since SPJ is able to measure not only azimuth but only emitter elevation. It has errors though, specially over hilly terrains and on AA targets.

JF-17 is awesome!

Those double pylons are draggy, but if you're ready to fly a bit slower (as written above) she's a great aircraft.

She's got longer legs than her fuel load suggests, as long as you keep out of AB!

If you learn to manage your energy, she'll do more than she first appears.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

So i still have not purchased this as of yet. I have all the modern jets in dcs and wondering how the quality compares to the f-18, f-16, and f-14? Also as an airframe how does it compare?
One of the best 60 dollars I've ever spent. Great BVR fighter and more complete on AG role with variety of weapons. I could wipe out a single light armor platoon vehicle with BRM-1 90 only on one sortie. Very satisfying.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

One of the best 60 dollars I've ever spent. Great BVR fighter and more complete on AG role with variety of weapons. I could wipe out a single light armor platoon vehicle with BRM-1 90 only on one sortie. Very satisfying.

Yes! The laser-guided missiles are crazy!

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

It's a very good LIGHT mulit-role fighter, it can fufill its task and easy to use.(do note the word 'LIGHT')

CAS, SEAD, STRIKE can be easily done in a Jeff, since its a modern jet and with wide various choice of munitions, that's the Jeff's main strengths.

Since SD-10 has some range advantage over 120&77(since the missile is larger & heavier), the Jeff can do a good fight in BVR, as long as you do NOT mistaken it as a HEAVY fighter(consider payload / fuel limitations)

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Within no escape zone, because the SD-10 has more power but bigger drag, within NEZ it accelerates faster, but it’s gliding performance should be worse when the AIM-120 is finished being worked on. Another aspect of its potential range advantage will be if the new missile API allows the motor to have each stage fired separately at its own choosing, that despite less glide performance should give it a larger NEZ against any aspect differences or maneuvers. Firing its second stage at its choosing essentially allows it to choose more of a boost profile or more of a sustain profile.

I haven’t looked at NEZ specifically, but with the latest build(or when AMRAAM is finished perhaps) I bet the game shows a larger NEZ/Rtr given the same conditions, even if the Rmax is lower for SD-10

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I think that has more to do with DCS API, it lifts if you are beyond 15nm and pitch 15 degrees up. I assume the real thing(and hopefully ours once missile is updated with new API) will have a more dynamic loft profile

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I think that has more to do with DCS API, it lifts if you are beyond 15nm and pitch 15 degrees up. I assume the real thing(and hopefully ours once missile is updated with new API) will have a more dynamic loft profile

I was asking cuz the 120 seems to loft on lvl fire now. Like phoenix

So.... How do we beat it with SD10? Pitch >15 degrees up? Also 15 degrees from horizon or from target?

SD10 use current version of missile API, so even U loft the missile, at the end of loft there will be a hard turn that lose lots of speed, and when the seeker lock onto a target, the missile will make another hard turn to lose speed again.:lol: No match with the new loft trajectory.

Just wait the 120 finish the test and the new API can be used on all AAMs.:pilotfly:

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Cons:

Generally agree. SEAD with SPJ gives you more capability, currently the JF-17 is the best SEAD platform in the game IMO. SPJ gives you a decent range and bearing to the transmitter. Plus it Jams the SAM, and the LD10 is great ARM. Currently the HARM isn't as good as the LD10 IMO, nor does the F18 have a working ECM.

Ground attack and SEAD its great.

BVR its "OK"

WVR not so good.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Treat it like a light fighter and you won't be disappointed. If you try to load it like a Viper, you will be disappointed. Treat it like an F-5 (dare I say F-20?) and you'll be quite pleased.

I get some weird cockpit stuttering, but that's about it. Deka did a pretty damn good job. 9/10.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I compared Jeff to the Viper (BMS) and the Jeff seems to have a slight edge with comparable load-outs.

The Jeff is capable.