When does the Phoenix go pitbill?

Red_Donkey

No.

Right now the AIM 54 its a fire and forget weapon.

When HB fixes the behaviour of the missile it will be guided by the AWG-9 until it comands to go active (blinking timer on TID). By that time I hope Jester use the radar as it should.

Since when? Whenever I break lock early the aim54 just tootles on and misses every time.

Edited by Father Cool

Bogies about 30 to 40 miles out hot. TWS mode multiple targets auto designated and 54s launched. If I keep the lock on them all the way in they hit pretty much every time however if I crank from the target to engage anything else the 54s fly off into the night and miss.

Maybe I need to do more research.

Bogies about 30 to 40 miles out hot. TWS mode multiple targets auto designated and 54s launched. If I keep the lock on them all the way in they hit pretty much every time however if I crank from the target to engage anything else the 54s fly off into the night and miss.

Maybe I need to do more research.

with the current implementation of the Phoenix, support the missile for a few seconds before turning cold, I'd recommend shooting closer to 25-30 miles instead if you're at medium to lower altitudes, I fire from 35 miles tops at very, very high altitudes. If the target is below you, push the nose down before you fire off your missile, that way it doesn't lose alot of energy verses just flying level and making the missile turn downwards, losing the energy required to hit the bandits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Missile lofting is useful IRL for long range shots but may not be tuned correctly yet for the 54.

LTE may stand for Launch To Eject, as the time from the launch commanded to WCS up to the separation of the missile from the aircraft.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, RogueRunner said:

More than a year later still?

Both TTI counter and TWS shot Phoenix going active at the right time works.

Any particular feature you mean?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria