Used a TM Warthog and a MS FFB2?

Hi there, I am in the process of looking up a new stick. I am into my helicopters alot and believe, from what Iv read, that the Microsoft forcefeedback 2 really makes it nice to fly the helicopters.

But coming from a TM HOTAS Cougar, I dont want to loose all the buttons on my joystick, (especially for the Ka50) .The Cougar isn't great. That's why im looking at the the Warthog since its such a nice smooth stick.

Is there anyone out there that can comment who has used both on which they prefer?

I have a MS ffb2 and HOTAS Warthog.

To fly with Huey or Mi8, the msffb2 is pretty nice but to fly in Ka50, the lack of buttons is a problem. So i prefer in this case, the Warthog

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

I'm sort of in the same position, just minus the Warthog.

I have an old X45 still, but it's losing it's center and it takes up a lot of space. For instance, I have the A10 module and it's an absolute bear trying to fly the thing because for one: it won't stay centered and two: the rudder is a rocker switch on the throttle.

I also have a MS Force Feedback 2, which I adore. It's got a twist rudder and a little throttle in just the right spot. It's also a smaller footprint. However, it's old and the FFB doesn't work anymore as the plug in the base has come unsoldered or something and won't work. Otherwise the stick works great - but have you tried flying a plane with a limp stick (no jokes, please lol)? It's tiring and hurts!

So, aside from grabbing another FFB2 off eBay, what sticks would you suggest? I don't have the budget for the Warthog flight stick or HOTAS from Thrustmaster. I'd prefer something with a throttle on the base rather than separate. And something DURABLE - optical sensors preferred as this FFB2 still doesn't lose it's center. Thanks!