Cant hit ag targets using CCIP rocket sight

hreich

Hi...I am flying training missions and i have problem with AG CCIP rocket precision...I am flying mission without any wind, and my rockets are failing short - but target is dead center in my sight..Is there something buggy or am i missing something? I am on 2.5.6 OB...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

What's your dive angle like? If you come in too shallow it's less accurate.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Also you should keep your speed up. 450 knots if you can. That'll help. If 450 is too fast to give you time to get the pipper on target, try starting your run a couple thousand feet higher.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gigabyte B450M | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32Gb RAM | EVGA RTX 2070 XC | TM WH HOTAS w/Deltasim's slew sensor upgrade on custom desk mounts | TM Cougar MFD's in 3D-printed enclosures w/screens | TrackIr 5 Pro w/TrackClip Pro | TCL 46" 4K, Acer 27" | Win 10 64bit | An uncomfortable amount of DCS modules

same problem here - also with the gun

The gun works fine for me for AG runs, coming at an angle between 15-25 and around 400-500 KCAS. Try to stabilize a good distance away from your target and give yourself time and altitude to do so.

As for rockets, I find them almost useless for anything else than soft targets packed together. Usually work best in bursts.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi...I am flying training missions and i have problem with AG CCIP rocket precision...I am flying mission without any wind, and my rockets are failing short - but target is dead center in my sight..Is there something buggy or am i missing something? I am on 2.5.6 OB...

Are you shooting when in range? If not, that's the likely reason they are falling short. Another possible reason is are you putting G's on the jet (pulling up) just before release? That's usually another cause of weapons, bullets falling short.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

The gun works fine for me for AG runs, coming at an angle between 15-25 and around 400-500 KCAS. Try to stabilize a good distance away from your target and give yourself time and altitude to do so.

As for rockets, I find them almost useless for anything else than soft targets packed together. Usually work best in bursts.

Yep, my favorite targets would be fuel trucks, too bad we can't see any secondaries.

I find the CCIP in 2.5.6 fairly accurate. When I use rockets I load up bunch of them and put them on salvo. Mayhem every time!

The biggest problem in VR (and 2D I suspect) is target visibility. If the vehicles are moving there's a good chance they kick up some dust. I can pick'em up from quite a distance. If they are stationary you'll see them when you're on top of them:D

https://youtu.be/vdPpIbxTtp8