AGM-65 this month?

Silvern

In my humble opinion, the Maverick is a better choice for Hornets first PGM. It will give us precision, stand-off capability against a wider array of targets than HARM would.
With a Nap of the earth approach (hiding behind mountain terrain) one can take out SAM radar site with AGM65 missile.

Couple with the fact that it can be use against other targets with better precision than dumb bombs and a good standoff distance.

I will take AGM65 anytime even though I would have preferred the HARM.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like a starving man picking from a menu - I'll take literally anything right now.
I know that feeling fellow. Any good add-on will do for me alright.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Maybe the best use for the mavericks is being able to kill short range SAMs from standoff (SA9/SA13/SA19/SA8/SA15) the19 and 15 are good at shooting them down, but a two ship can easily take down these dangerous and hard to kill units once we get the Mavs, and the E is a CAS dream, bring on the buddy lasing.

Are we going to be able to use the Mavericks on the F/A-18 without buddy lasing?

ED said ATFLIR will come later, so you’ll be limited to JTAC and buddy lazing until then I’d guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

ED said ATFLIR will come later, so you’ll be limited to JTAC and buddy lazing until then I’d guess.

I thought only the AGM-65E is a laser version, the AGM-65F has a seeker which will be controlled through the DDI

ED stated they are releasing AGM-65F AND AGM-65E. The F model is similar to a D model in which you can slew the sensor head. No ATFLIR required.

I'm just glad I'll be able to fire off my Mavs at whatever target and bolt out of a hot area much faster than I would in the A-10.

I have a feeling it will be tricky locking things up with only the agm sensor. Wont have the tgp to auto slave the mavs like in the A-10 But atleast its a start.

I have a feeling it will be tricky locking things up with only the agm sensor. Wont have the tgp to auto slave the mavs like in the A-10 But atleast its a start.

It's still waay better than dumb bombs. :)

Can't wait to see what ED brings us next week!

I'm just glad I'll be able to fire off my Mavs at whatever target and bolt out of a hot area much faster than I would in the A-10.

You can do that already in the Viggen :D

Yes, compared to the A-10C it's much more difficult in the Viggen already :joystick:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can do that already in the Viggen :D

Yes, compared to the A-10C it's much more difficult in the Viggen already :joystick:

To be fair the viggen has a small cir ulnar display that require you to tilte your head towards via track ir.( RIP players who dont)

In the fa18 the agm65 sensor be displayed in a more practical area via the multi function displays which are larger in display surface to begin with

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

To be fair the viggen has a small cir ulnar display that require you to tilte your head towards via track ir.( RIP players who dont)

In the fa18 the macneill be displayed in a more practical area via the multi function displays

Has the same situation with the old A-10A and the Maverick Screen to use AGM-65D and AGM-65K

Honestly, I never used the tgp auto slave (successfully) for Mavs and mostly relied on the seekers cam just because I found it faster. Need to go back and practice that again for when the ATFLIR is released.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

then you have eagle eyes. using tgp to slave mav is life saver. but i admit i was not good at it either. always hit the wrong button at first attemt and my tgp went crazy :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You should be able to slew it to a markpoint from the JHMCS though.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It's like a mini targeting pod for your head, you can look and designate points under a crosshair so in theory you should be to slave a seeker to that point for almost any selected weapon, It's basically about 20 times more useful than the russian one in the migs and flankers. It's not just a fancy helmet for sidewinders.

You should be able to slew it to a markpoint from the JHMCS though.

I wonder whether the A/G functions of the JHMCS will be modeled initially? Somehow I think we'll be waiting longer for that.

Always willing to be surprised though.

It would be one up on the JHMCS for BMS 4.33, since that only has A/A functions.....

I wonder whether the A/G functions of the JHMCS will be modeled initially? Somehow I think we'll be waiting longer for that.

Always willing to be surprised though.

It would be one up on the JHMCS for BMS 4.33, since that only has A/A functions.....

It would be a really pleasant surprise to get AG designation capability in the JMHCS expected in next week openbeta update.

I feel the bit test procedure for the jhmcs shown in Wags video is another immersive addition.

If I remember correctly, we were to get AGM65E and F version originally. The delay I read is affecting the F & G version.

Looks like we could still get the AGM65E.

yeah he said that f-g are delaying. and one programmer is working on agm 65-e right now

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5