How to duplicate Warthog/TARGET profiles?

Hey guys,

Is there an easy way to take an existing *.fcf TARGET profile and effectively save it out with a new name? I'm looking to use a profile that I built for one of my modules as the basis for another, but I can't find any way of doing this.

I tried simply copying and renaming the *.fcf file, but that doesn't work. I guess it's something in the HTML that actually identifies the file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I haven't used it in ages, but can't you open it with script editor? Not the GUI.

Also, check out this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2563187&postcount=1

It may be of interest to you.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I don't remember exactly where it ends up. But when you run an FCF file, a Target script file gets created, somewhere in a system folder. Just find that file and edit it. I will warn you that the files generated this way, are very ugly to work with.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

I see it's been 3 years since this post, but I had the same issue and wanted to share for anyone else trying to figure it out. It's not the most intuitive. But here's what I came up with which works nicely, just seems like a clunky way to have to go about it.

Navigate to your folder where your Target profiles are stored. C:>Users>AppData>Roaming>Thrustmaster>TARGET>Scripts

You may have to change your file explorers view settings to show hidden items (check box) in order to see the app data folder.

Once in here, duplicate/rename your FCF and TMC files accordingly.

Now enter TARGET GUI (don't expect to see your duplicated profiles yet). In the top middle portion of the window, click on edit configuration.

Navigate to the duplicates you've made, open them, and then save it as you would have with your original profile. Now once you've saved/finished and returned to the dashboard, you're duplicate profile should be showing up. Now you can go back through and tweak as necessary. Sure you could have done it before hand, but this was my process to just confirm them popping up in the gui, with intent to tweak later.

• 5 months later...
I see it's been 3 years since this post, but I had the same issue and wanted to share for anyone else trying to figure it out.

Thanks a lot, this was driving my nuts! Following your instructions is very easy, got it done in no time at all.

Cheers!

Juan Andres "Susto"