ILS

williehayesjr

@Fitness 88 , many thanks . I put this in my tablet kneeboard app and use it every day . Thanks again .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 weeks later...
Does the F18C have a guidance system similar to an ILS' localizer? It is so difficult for me to find the runway or even the airport. I make the two 180 degree turns, coming out of the downwind 180 turn to final I seem to never come out to or near the target runway heading. Same result when I make the two180 degree turns at a 30 degree bank.

I'm not sure if anyone addressed the 180 degree turns as this thread is specifically talking about the ILS system...

It sounds like you're not watching your runway while you're flying and that is a pretty big mistake. You want to have an eye on the runway throughout the pattern and it sounds like you're either too close or too far away from the runway on your downwind leg of the pattern (where you fly against the direction you're going to land). When you go to make your base/final turn, you'll either overshoot the runway or undershoot it depending on where your downwind leg was in relation to the runway. Also, the point where you're making your base/final turn is probably off - try extending a little further to get the hang of your distance from runway on the downwind leg - if you notice your final approach is always to the right of the runway, move a little further from the runway on downwind. If it's to the left of the runway, get a little closer to the runway on downwind. Extending gives you time to both see where you are in relation to the runway and also some room to correct so you don't have to go missed every time.

Cheers!