KA-50 JTAC Training - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
Xeno426

Yep, I've been doing that. I keep it pressed until the light turns off.
Xeno426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
doveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno426 View Post
Yep, I've been doing that. I keep it pressed until the light turns off.
OK, not that then.

The only other things I can think of are make sure the SPU-9 selector switch is set to VHF-1, make sure the VHF-1 switch on the right panel is on and make sure Easy Communication is disabled in Options and that you're opening the radio with the SPU-9 PTT key, which should be RAlt+/ (or AltGr+# on UK keyboards). Check in the Controls mapping that you've got the SPU-9 PTT key mapped (under Ins Cyclic Stick).
Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3, 6950 2GB (unlocked to 6970, 880/1350Mhz), Win 8.1 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Spare/Backup rig: Phenom II X4 955 @3.5Ghz, MSI 990FXA-GD80, True rev. C HSF w/ Arctic F12 PWM fan, 8GB DDR3, HD6850 1GB, Win7 x64.
doveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #13
Maulkin

Has anyone been able to get this mod to work in the latest version of DCSW:BS2 (ver 1.2.14)? I installed this mod with a clean version of DCSW but when I check the radio dialog there are no options to talk to AWAC or JTAC. I tried the mission that is attached to this thread and I made sure the radio is set (push the tuning button until the light goes out) but the AWACS and JTAC dialog is not in the list of choices (ie wingman, flight, ATC).

Windows 10 64-bit - Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - ASUS Strix GTX 1080ti - Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus motherboard w/ onboard SoundMAX integrated audio - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - Altec Lansing 5.1 speaker setup - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Oculus Rift
Maulkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:56 AM   #14
Findorade

Default Mod dooesnt work :(

So First i m noob so please dont bit me to hard Thanks

i try to use JTAC mod but doesnt want tro working .i use clean DCS version without any mod
my version is 1.2.16.49.372 For DCS
i use JSGME for install the mod
First try nothing Happend after put R-828 on (No F6-or F7 buttons)
second try i change name of aircraft folder who are different in Mods folder,and this time i have F6 JTAC menu with three options to contact assets but after my speach blabla 250 rounds bla bla what do you have for us ! NOTHING no answer (i m feel really alone at this moment) and No F7 button option
so i decide to put off JTAC mod with JSGME and install manually in all folders
but after reload game ,same issue .
I try to read many threads in forum but nothing for help me
so easy communication is disable and my right comm pannel VHF-1 is ok

for finish i try an old version of mod but after install with JSGME my DCS simply doesnt want to launch.that was solved by switch off the mod

so if someone have an idea that will be great i really want to use this mods who look awsome
Findorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #15
Maulkin

I finally got this to work. There was a problem with the original mission file in that the JTAC frequency was not set in one of the presets for the R-828 (VHF-1). This can only be done in the mission editor. I set mine to preset #7. I have also added more fuel and some more weapons as the original mission gave me guns only. I have attached the modified mission to this post.

To use the JTAC you perform the following actions:
1- set SPU-9 radio selector to VHF-1
2- using the R-828 (VHF-1) channel selector set the channel to preset 7. This has been configured by the ground crew (mission editor) to 40MHz.
3- press the R-828 tuner button. A yellow light will turn on. Keep pressing the button until the light goes out.

At this point you can call the JTAC (firefly) and request a mission. A lat/long coordinates are given which might look like this: 42'41.417 and 41'40.065. Write this down

4- On the PVI-800 navigation pannel set the PVI master mode to edit.
5- press the NAV TGT button and then the number '1'. This will be creating a new nav target #1.
6- on the keypad there is a zero with a plus above it (henceforth referred to as '0+'). Press that once to be able to start editing the first line and input the first coordinate given. You will not be able to input the last two numbers so in the above example I entered 42414.
7- press '0+' to go to the next line (there is no indication you have succeeded in doing this)
8- press '0+' again to start the second line with a zero. For some reason the second coordinate must always start with a zero.
9- enter the second set of digits. As before you will only get the first 5 numbers so in my example I entered 41401
10- at this point the ENTER key will light up. Press that button to save the target point.
11- set the PVI master mode selector back to 'Oper' mode.

At this point you should fly to the waypoint to the north. Once you get there go into hover mode and perform the following:

12- On the PVI press the NAV TGT button followed by '1'. The PVI display should show the coordinates you entered earlier and the ABRIS will have a box with a 1 in it blinking on the map display. If you cannot see it you might need to zoom out the map a bit.
13- Uncage the SHKVAL (default 'O' key) and the camera should immediately pan down to the target point and you should see the vehicles that the JTAC has you tasked against. It is not exact so you might have to pan around a little bit.
Attached Files
File Type: miz KA50JTAC_Training.miz (348.3 KB, 43 views)

Windows 10 64-bit - Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - ASUS Strix GTX 1080ti - Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus motherboard w/ onboard SoundMAX integrated audio - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - Altec Lansing 5.1 speaker setup - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Oculus Rift

Last edited by Maulkin; 01-31-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Maulkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black shark, jtac, ka-50, mod, training