Can I specifiy a different takeoff runway somehow?

DeepDrummer

I am the one making the mission.

I should be able to choose a runway just like my parking space, especially with no wind.

I haven't found a work-around yet other than taking the flight over a round-about route or starting and landing at different airports. I did a pile of searches with no luck.

Can we specify a different runway for takeoff?

If not can we get that option installed?

If not is there any kind of workaround for that?

It is not critical. I am not complaining. I may just have to redesign portions of my Campaign.

I fully expect, this cannot be done in ME which is fine.

Any help is appreciated.

A yes or no if it is possible and if so an explanation of how to do it would be the best reply I could ask for and much appreciated.

Either way, I could put it to rest and continue on. Thanks.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

It only takes about 3m/s of wind to get the ATC to switch runways; if you've designed yourself into a corner this is probably the easiest way out...it's generally not enough wind to have a significant impact on flight dynamics or weapons accuracy.

There are some airfields where takeoff and landing direction is restricted due to terrain (Batumi) or proximity to civilian housing (Nellis) but for the most part they'll switch runways based on the wind direction.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. It was Batumi. I'll make some changes then. Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I was just about to ask that same question...thanks to you both. That brings me to the other half of the question....using Mozdok as an example.

Usually they assign RW27 for both departure and landing. If I change or establish the wind to 5ms from 262 degrees will both departure and landing be changed to RW08?

Now if we could only have the ability to drop a TACAN on any airfield it would be great.

Regarding Batumi...it's always fun threading through the mountains and landing in the back door in the F/A-18

Thanks

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@ feefifofum...thanks for that quick response totally understand.

Can I ask a quick off topic question....is there an easy way to place a enemy unit(s) like SAMs in a large area of fields and have them randomly located so I don't knew where they will appear at load time?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

The description above that code is unclear. It needs a comma at least.

"The following code will respawn a group if it has died randomly within a zone." could either mean the code with respawn a group if that group happened to be in a zone and randomly died

or it could mean

it will respawn a group randomly within a zone if that group has died (implication is anywhere).

Should read something like, "If a group has died, the following code will respawn it at a random location within a zone."

Hate to be a stickler, but this is the kind of lack of clarity that causes a lot of confusion down the road. I've run into these weird issues a number of times. This seemed like as good a place to bring it up as any.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I think, in the context of a video game, we can assume nothing "randomly" dies? It has to be killed or it continues to exist. The grammar may not be 100% correct but I don't find it to be incomprehensible by any stretch, and would say that is almost deliberate misinterpretation of the intended message.

If it was unclear, I am referring specifically to the function and not the example code. which is not relevant to this thread. Running the "respawninZone" line at any point will randomly place the group in the zone with the listed parameters.

If you need additional instruction-

Place your group, deactivate them at mission start, then run

mist.respawninZone('GroupName', 'ZoneName')

If that's still not enough I'll post your mission and I'll slap the line in there for your future reference.

This is just one example of many. Moose, in particular, but MIST as well, both suffer from inconsistencies that cause confusion. Some are the result of grammar and language issues. Others are instances of declaring in one place the way to do something is X and declaring it's Y in another example and Z in a third. To compound the issues, a lot of the documentation is simply missing explanations and examples and most of these are at the end of links from other places, ultimately leading people to dead ends. Finally, as versions evolved and new methods appear, outdated information is not always updated and it creates some very tough-to-navigate and time-intensive troubleshooting scenarios.

I also understand some people here don't fully grasp English, a comparatively difficult second language to learn. Punctuation can help. A quick comm scrub for grammar would go a long way as these frameworks and expansions are documented. I can slap in code without commas, but I may not experience the results I expect.

As an aside, I have never randomly died in real life, but have more times than I can count in video games. Server disconnects are one simple example. It's a plausible interpretation.

Don't need to drag this out here, but it's a valid note and some greater attention to detail in these ares would make solid frameworks and a lot of hard work much more usable to a wider community of people with differing backgrounds and varying proficiency levels.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

A lot of the mist documentation on the wiki was created over the course of a few days and I was getting scatter brained just getting the bare minimum of syntax and description added. The nice part is it is a wiki so its easy to correct stuff like that.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

@ feefifofum...thanks for that quick response totally understand.

Can I ask a quick off topic question....is there an easy way to place a enemy unit(s) like SAMs in a large area of fields and have them randomly located so I don't knew where they will appear at load time?

Another alternative I actually use is create a random flag which can have a value of 0-3 or 4 or 5, however many possibilities you want to have. You then create 5 different SAM Batteries in different places of the general area you want to place them. Create a rule where if Flag 1 is value 4, so and so battery spawns, if Flag 1 is value 2, another battery spawns in a different location. You can also have different types of SAM batteries with the Flag 1 value that shows up when the mission starts. It works quite well IMHO.

It only takes about 3m/s of wind to get the ATC to switch runways; if you've designed yourself into a corner this is probably the easiest way out...it's generally not enough wind to have a significant impact on flight dynamics or weapons accuracy.

There are some airfields where takeoff and landing direction is restricted due to terrain (Batumi) or proximity to civilian housing (Nellis) but for the most part they'll switch runways based on the wind direction.

Very, cool. I did not know this. Thanks.