Red Flag F-16C Mission by SEDLO

Sedlo

If you're careful, you can set the Dodge 11 and Dodge 12 to client and fly as a two player COOP. The triggers are based on Dodge 11, so if 11 gets shot down, then the triggers won't work and the mission will kind of break. If you do decide to do this, make the radio presets are loaded correctly for both jets (or make sure you look at this table and plug in the correct frequencies manually during the mission when prompted)

UHF RADIO (COMM1)

[TABLE]CHANNEL FREQ USE

1 270.1 KLSV ATIS

2 289.4 KLSV CLND

3 275.8 KLSV GROUND

4 327 KLSV TOWER

5 385.4 KLSV DEPARTURE

6 273.5 KLSV ARRIVAL

7 317.5 SALLY CNTRL

8 254.4 LEE CNTRL

9 305.6 SOF

10 343.725 SFA

11 270.1 KLSV ATIS

12 360.625 KINS TOWER

13 234.325 COYOTE

14 289.3 CALIENTE

15 228 RANGE 74

16 363.9 RANGE 75

17 238.8 ALAMO

18 231.1 JUICE

19 261.1 DREAMLAND APPROACH

20 300.05 HAVE QUICK TOD[/TABLE]

VHF RADIO (COMM2)

[TABLE]CHANNEL FREQ USE

1 138.05 VIPER TAC-1

2 141.9 VIPER TAC-2

3 138.95 VIPER TAC-3

4 148.15 BLACKJACK VHF

5 150.15 ODIN OPS

6 123.45 COMMON VICTOR

7 139.9 THOR OPS

8 140.5 OSIRIS OPS

9 143.85 THUNDER BASE

10 143.075 SOF VICTOR

11 142.175 KLSV BASE OPS V

12 139.55 KINS BASE OPS V

13 142.55 R2505 V

14 133.3 LOS ANGELES CTR

15 125.125 RANGE 74

16 137.8 RANGE 75

17 150.25 ALAMO

18 118.05 JUICE

19 130.0 DREAMLAND APPROACH

20 141.2 HAVE QUICK TOD

[/TABLE]

I've got no plans right now to make a dedicated COOP version, mainly because I'm working hard on a new 13 mission, single player campaign for the Hornet on the PG map.

As far as COOP missions go, it's somewhat difficult for me to do as I don't have any RL friends who are into DCS, and my work schedule is variable each day. So it's hard to commit time to work out the bugs flying with others.

Really enjoying this Mission SEDLO!

Would it be possible to make this work as a 2 or 3 person online coop?

Probably need more ground targets etc but could be fun!

Edited by Sedlo

As far as COOP missions go, it's somewhat difficult for me to do as I don't have any RL friends who are into DCS, and my work schedule is variable each day. So it's hard to commit time to work out the bugs flying with others.

Yeah I can see that being difficult. Well once you've finished the PG campaign for the Hornet if you want to look at COOP missions I'd be happy to help. I'm UK timezone but pretty flexible during winter.

One thing I did notice is that you list ARCO 11 as a KC-130, presumably it should be listed as KC-135 for the Viper?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I've got no plans right now to make a dedicated COOP version, mainly because I'm working hard on a new 13 mission, single player campaign for the Hornet on the PG map.

I'd be all in for helping you test coop versions if you decide to do them.

Hey Sedlo,

Couple of feedback points for your mission.

The steerpoints which are to be flown at low level have their altitudes set quite high, which means they don't appear as steerpoint diamonds in the HUD. Would be good to set all the steerpoints which are to be flown at low level to 0AGL so they are easier to see in the HUD and we don't need to keep the HSD up on one of the MFDs.

Cheers

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Pretty sure I was flying 1.95 yes. I’ll try the new version.

Btw is there any way to get the wingman to refuel? He seems to call bingo moments before starting the target run.

Proud owner of:

So I flew this as a COOP with a friend, seemed to work ok!

I didn't get any response after we both tanked when we announced "tanking complete". but we just flew to the next steerpoint and when we got there we got the "range status update" (I think) and all went according to plan for there.

The updated steerpoints of 1.96 are much better for very low level flying.

After we dropped our bombs and managed to get out of the area and fenced out we followed the steerpoints back to nellis and went onto the nellis tower freq but we didn't get any further voiceovered comms clips, so perhapse the end of the mission was a bit bugged. But it was otherwise fun!

Proud owner of:

Hey Sedlo, could you please drop a link for the pdf?

The download page doesn't have one like the Eastern Friendship pages, and I can't copy/paste the in-game link.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, Sedlo said:

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Air to ground is my favourite type of mission, too.

Just flew this mission again today with Viper. I have previously flown Harrier and CF-18 versions.
After reaching wp3, I no longer are asked to switch freqs.
I manually insert the freq for darkstar while flying to the marshall point.
I cold started the viper and might have comitted a failure, but regular clock by the right console, and DED digital clock don´t read the same time. Digital is about 2 minutes out, meaning it´s not good for push time, which according to the voiceovers, matches the analog clock.
Got shot down on my way to TGT area, so I will have another run tomorrow.
And mission 2 for the very first time for the weekend.
Turbulence are really noticeable by the way.

thank you for your work and commitment. You bring a lot of joy to my DCS experience.

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Just now, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Just flew this mission again today with Viper. I have previously flown Harrier and CF-18 versions.
After reaching wp3, I no longer are asked to switch freqs.
I manually insert the freq for darkstar while flying to the marshall point.
I cold started the viper and might have comitted a failure, but regular clock by the right console, and DED digital clock don´t read the same time. Digital is about 2 minutes out, meaning it´s not good for push time, which according to the voiceovers, matches the analog clock.
Got shot down on my way to TGT area, so I will have another run tomorrow.
And mission 2 for the very first time for the weekend.
Turbulence are really noticeable by the way.

thank you for your work and commitment. You bring a lot of joy to my DCS experience.

Hey, thanks @Ala12Rv-Tundra!  I'll have a look at that mission, not sure why you didn't get pushed.  Just wondering did you happen to save the track file?

Also, in the Viper you have to reset the clock to the current time.  Apparently the jet doesn't start keeping time until the engine is on, so it will be 2-4 minutes out, depending how fast you get it going.   The time set function is in the UFC.

Thanks for flying it, and thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sedlo said:

Hey, thanks @Ala12Rv-Tundra!  I'll have a look at that mission, not sure why you didn't get pushed.  Just wondering did you happen to save the track file?

Also, in the Viper you have to reset the clock to the current time.  Apparently the jet doesn't start keeping time until the engine is on, so it will be 2-4 minutes out, depending how fast you get it going.   The time set function is in the UFC.

Thanks for flying it, and thanks for the kind words.

I´m afraid I didn´t save the track sir.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake with the clock startup.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really fascinating mission. It was a lot of fun and left me inspired.

I hope there will also be future versions. Maybe with Eurofighters or Tornados.

In the future Kola map there may also be room for some exercises based on real ones such as Loyal Arrow, Nordic Response or Cold Response.

Keep up the good work.