VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I wasn't aware that VAICOM had any control over that, as all it does, in very simple terms, is follow the DCS comms menus that have been fed from the mission file.

Maybe check the .miz file or possibly the briefing, for the mission in question, and see what frequencies have been allocated to the AWACS aircraft. I'd be surprised if VAICOM won't work with those frequencies.

VAICOM doesn't use the comms menu but it is dynamically aware of all frequencies/modulations the mission recipients can be contacted on. So AWACS, tankers etc. can be reached on UHF just fine. Only with easy comms ON a simplification is made, restricting recipient categories to their default radios (VHF AM for AWACS).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Open the VAICOM config menu, switch to "about" tab and click on "List". It will display your license code, purchase ID and purchase email.

Edit: Sorry, i overread that you are already on a new machine. I would suggest to to open a support ticket or contact info@vaicompro.com directly for license key support related stuff.

That might work, as I still have it all installed on my laptop, but sent an email yesterday to the support team, thanks for the help though ;)

Nope, didn't work, as the licence key, and email part are blank, but the green pro light is active, and I have everything running fine on the laptop, I even tried copying the entire folder from the laptop, to no avail.

I'm a donkey, I forget to push the list button... got the info, thanks

Edited by Oban

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

VAICOM doesn't use the comms menu but it is dynamically aware of all frequencies/modulations the mission recipients can be contacted on. So AWACS, tankers etc. can be reached on UHF just fine. Only with easy comms ON a simplification is made, restricting recipient categories to their default radios (VHF AM for AWACS).

Strange. I have easy comms definetly off and VAICOM tells me i can't contact AWACS via UHF frequency. Looks like a should go for a fresh install at this point :lol: thanks for the headsup. Any idea on the SRS-mode related problem, though?

Edited by SkipperSMG

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the info is only the buying code, the activation code is also needed, but at least I have the details needed now.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

So using the Import f10 option i have gotten VCP to import all the commands to my profile, my question is how would i say the full sentence if these are the commands i wanted to use in order so as to make VCP understand me, this is how they are listed once I export them to a html file then import them to Excel:

*Action SEAD Commence Attack*

*Action Sector Gudauta*

thanks

M

So using the Import f10 option i have gotten VCP to import all the commands to my profile, my question is how would i say the full sentence if these are the commands i wanted to use in order so as to make VCP understand me, this is how they are listed once I export them to a html file then import them to Excel:

*Action SEAD Commence Attack*

*Action Sector Gudauta*

thanks

M

Cool! Haven't tried this yet, so I am curious.

Do they appear in the keywords list in VCP?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm having a lot of irregularities in VAICOM

For example, when flying the P-51D

I say Kutaisi - Inbound

VAICOM reads it correctly as Kutaisi, but VAICOM output in DCS is instead: Kolkhi

. Listening resumed:

. Recognized : 'kutaisi'

. (awaiting additional input)

. Recognized : 'inbound'

. TX1 | SEL/AUTO: [ Kutaisi ],[ ],[ ] Inbound [ ] [ ]

. Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

. Listening suspended

DCS:

. ATC (Kolkhi): Enfield 1-1, Kolkhi, fly heading 126 for 50, QFE 29.33, runway 27, to pattern altitude

. Listening suspended

Also often I say Two (wingman)

VAICOM reads it correctly

but the DCS output is Flight

So when I try to send the wingman to engage with Air Defenses, the whole flight is sent instead to do the job, whereas the Second Elements should go to engage Target of Opportunity.

Above that, a major problem arose since I installed the software:

Sometimes I have to repeat the order up to 5 times until DCS reacts,

and that not only through VAICOM, but also with standard F keys.

A lot of frustrating irregularities that I cannot reveal the causes.

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, and there is a 4-way/push-button MIC switch on the throttle, that is used predominantly for the comms buttons. I have that set up with VHF on the forward button and UHF on the down button. The other 2 directions are also set up but aren't used by the viper

I think I'm going to switch to this setup, how do you know if it is VHF or UHF?

I what trying to contact Luchini in an F16 and the ATC Freq was 133.00. I was not able to set the freq in either comm 1 or Comm 2. Was I using the wrong freq.

I just ran VAICOM Pro after about 2.5 months of not using it. VA asked me to update it, and I did,

Then VAICOM Pro, then Chatter, then the RIO plugin also asked me to update also.. I said yes and updated each one, restarting it after each one.

But every time I start VoiceAttack,.. VAICOM Pro, Chatter, and RIO plugins all keep asking for the update. I know that I updated them all.

How do I check which versions of them that I have installed? How do I fix this?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

In the viper, you would press Comm2 and enter the frequency, 13300, into the DED, followed by a press of the enter button. You don't need the decimal point and i am fairly certain that the "Tune Radio" command, if you have AIRIO, will only work in the F14.

Then you would use, press and hold, whichever switch you have set for TX1 on the PTT screen and say "inbound", "request startup", "request takeoff" or any other message for the Lochini tower, as appropriate.

@Snacko - take a look at post #2465 (and #2464 that prompted the response) for something that might help.

Thanks Greyman!

OK seems like you may have a stuck auto-update somehow.

In DCS options/Special/VAICOMPRO you can check if your dlls are up to date (2.5.10/2.5.2/2.5.2)

Confirm VA is latest version 1.7.5. and is running as admin.

If you find an Updates subfolder and/or an update.cmd file, delete them and restart VA.

Alternatively get the latest dll files from the website and replace manually:

http://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

My Chatter is the only one that is the current version.

Where is this 'Updates' subfolder and update.cmd file supposed to be? :dunno:

EDIT:

Never mind, I downloaded and installed them manually. Wonder though, why they would download and update from within VoiceAttack, but not work..

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

im getting a fair bit of technical VAICOM Pro stuff wrong atm, so I can't be certain, but I'd guess that this folder and file only exist for the duration of the auto-update and will only exist if the process hasn't completed properly.

Whether the time since your last use of VP is a factor has contributed, I can't say, but if you have manually brought the files up to date, just keep an eye on things when the next update comes. It'll probably be fine.

Cool! Haven't tried this yet, so I am curious.

Do they appear in the keywords list in VCP?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk[/quote

Sort of. This is the whole command i am trying to do in the menu its listed as

F10: OTHER

then

F1: SUPPORT

then

F4: REQUEST SEAD SUPPORT

then finally the sector i want them to target

for eg: F1 SECTOR GUDAUTA

for some reason i cannot get commands nested this deep to work.

Voice Attacks log windows says this:

7:06:06.813 Matched imported atc.

7:06:06.812 Have result, identified as importedatcs : Gudauta

7:06:06.812 Have result, identified as recipient : Gudauta

7:06:06.811 Captured sentence: gudauta

7:06:06.784 Recognized : 'gudauta' (Confidence 95)

7:06:05.219 (awaiting additional input)

7:06:05.218 Have result, identified as cue : Attack

7:06:05.217 Captured sentence: action commenced sead attack

7:06:05.185 Recognized : 'action commenced SEAD attack' (contains 'attack') (Confidence 91)

Baffling me now!

@Snacks, Greyman The plugin auto-updater requires VA to run as admin. When updating VA that can get reset without being noticed.

@Badass Imported items e.g. Action Do Something should be changed into a phrase that works for you using the keywords editor.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I have set Easy Comm Off in DCS. Vaicom Pro Reports the Easy Comm ON.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Were you on a server, in multiplayer?

Although you can have Easy Comms Not ticked in Options the server can overide the settings

Missions can also be set to have easy comms on and that will overide the settings in Gameplay

Also when Vaicom starts it reports Easy Comms ON until it detects the actual specific mission you're in

If I understand it correctly the Easy Comms Option disabled just disables it by default that's all, it can be overidden

Were you on a server, in multiplayer?

Although you can have Easy Comms Not ticked in Options the server can overide the settings

Missions can also be set to have easy comms on and that will overide the settings in Gameplay

Also when Vaicom starts it reports Easy Comms ON until it detects the actual specific mission you're in

If I understand it correctly the Easy Comms Option disabled just disables it by default that's all, it can be overidden

That explains it I was in mutiplayer and I did notice that they had Easy Comms On. Thanks for following up. All and All I think it's working pretty well now for me. Thanks to everyone who has helped me get this running.

Comms Menu Keeps Popping Up

I applied the 10/22 Hotfix to DCS Openbeta and now the Comms menu pops up and then goes away every few seconds. I don't have it mapped to any keys and this only happens when I have Vaicom Pro running. I think its related to the hotfix because it worked yesterday and works in the stable DCS version. VoiceAttack is v1.7.8 and Vaicom Pro is 2.5.12.2

Anyone else run into this problem?

Richard

Hello I am having very strange behaviour. I have updated Vaicom pro, and today updated Voiceattack when prompted. Been flying a mission in A10, and startup and taxi etc all recognised fine (with the reassuring beep at the end to let me know it's been recognised) but then at some point during the mission, it seems to lose the link between DCS and voiceattack. I can hear the static when I transmit, but no beep at the end. If I shift-tab to the VA window I can see that the my command was recognised, but not passed to the game. I also used to be able to "take 10" to get the F10 options menu but can't now. Any ideas?

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin