Triple Fuel tank problem. (maybe bug)?

Kazansky222

Ok, so I've been trying to setup a long range sortie at high speed and high altitude and I've been coming across a problem.

I load 3 external tanks, 1 center-line, 2 on wing stations.

the center-line tank drains out first, but when I hit jettison fuel tanks, it drops all 3, not just the center-line.

Alternatively, with jettison weapons it drops both of the wing tank stations but that doesn't help because I want to drop the empty center-line tank first, then the wing tanks once they are dry.

Is there a way to drop the center-line tank only and not the wing tanks? Or a way to make the wing tanks drain of fuel first?

I have a feeling this is some kind of bug, or something that is not intended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

According to the RL MiG-29 manual the CL fuel tank and wing drop tanks are on separate jettison circuits. The CL tank is jettisoned via a button on the stick, while the wing tanks are jettisoned via the emergency release on the front panel.

So it looks like it's not modelled correctly. Wouldn't call that a bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• 8 months later...

was about to ask about this too, I found that 3 tanks had minimal advantage over 2 wing tanks in ferry range though. the drag I guess. 3 tanks only increased range by 100km when doing 500ktas at 35000 ft. (2000km 2 tanks vs. 2100km w/ 3 tanks)