[NO BUG] KUZ/Jester

Coxy_99

Whats jesters problem ejecting himself on the KUZ? Does he not want to be prisoner of war? I like KUZ i like F-14 please fix this ;)

Not sure if we made it intentionally like that, but yeah, it is not intended to land on the Kuznetsov ofc, so if at all, this will most likely land towards the bottom of the list.

But, does he eject with enemy kuz only or also if kuz is on friendly side? It's possible that he also just doesn't recognize the kuznetsov as a valid "surface".

I marked it as "no bug", because this is just something that was never intended to be done.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 weeks later...

Jester ejecting himself when landing on Kuznetsov.

as trackfiles are still broken, cannot provide trackfile. Video available however (landing Iranian Tomcat):

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Obviously the devs would have to look at this; but for “no-prize” reason, the RIO might have wanted to take his chances in the ocean, rather than the Gulag or Siberia.

Iranian pilots wouldn't get put in those places by Russians......... I wrote, IRANIAN F-14 in the top.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Iranian pilots wouldn't get put in those places by Russians......... I wrote, IRANIAN F-14 in the top.

Iranians would also not be flying an F-14B.smile.gif

In any case. Jester is smart. He doesn't want to get sent to the lead mine, or be forced to eat fish eggs.

Edited by CommanderRabb

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

Yeah he likes to punch out on other carriers too. Every time i tried taking off on a ski jump on the hermes he'd depart as we hit the jump.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not sure if we made it intentionally like that, but yeah, it is not intended to land on the Kuznetsov ofc, so if at all, this will most likely land towards the bottom of the list.

But, does he eject with enemy kuz only or also if kuz is on friendly side? It's possible that he also just doesn't recognize the kuznetsov as a valid "surface".

I marked it as "no bug", because this is just something that was never intended to be done.

yes, in my reproduction, both Kuznetsov and my F-14 were red. (russian/Iranian. It's the case on BlueFlag PersianGulf PvP multiplayer server)

yes, in my reproduction, both Kuznetsov and my F-14 were red. (russian/Iranian. It's the case on BlueFlag PersianGulf PvP multiplayer server)

Awesome, you were doung that on blueflag. LOL.

Maybe Jester disnt want to be on a boat with 5000 russian men.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No, I did it in singleplayer, just mentioned that on BlueFlag, we want to have the ability to land+takeoff F-14 on Kuznetsov.

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen, we will not invest development time to make the F14 able to land or take off on the Kuznetsov. Sorry, but that is just something that wasnt possible in real life and is so marginal of a wish, that it does not warrant development time. Even if we wanted, we cannot make the F14 take off from the Kuznetsov, because it has no catapult.

We will likely add a function to turn off Jester ejections in general, so you can land on stuff like that or the Tarawa or whatever you please, but please understand that we cannot take requests like "make the F14 take off from Kuznetsov" all too seriously. As for Blueflag: simply ask the guys to add a stennis on red side as well, which is possible. And if you say: having a stennis on red is unrealistic, I would counter: so is landing an Iranian F14 on the Kuznetsov. Sorry guys.

Thread closed.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/