[RESOLVED]WMR Boundary problem with DCS?

joebloggs

I have tried to stop this none stop boundary message I keep getting in WMR even though my space looks good. So in order to stop this constant message and hopefully play DCS in WMR, I decided to turn off the boundary in Mixed Reality Portal. Great I thought when I saw I could just switch this Boundary off, but now I'm faced with another problem with DCS and WMR. When I start DCS now with the Boundary switched off my DCS menu is around my feet and pressing the number 5 key will not bring the menu back up to head height?

Can someone please help me with this. All I want to do is play DCS in VR. Why with the Boundary switched off is the DCS menu around my feet and how do I get it to head height if the number 5 key doesn't reset my view in DCS unless the Boundary is switched on?

• ED Team

Just to be clear you are using NUMPAD 5 key?

if you look in controls and find the UI layer category check for VR centre.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just to be clear you are using NUMPAD 5 key?

if you look in controls and find the UI layer category check for VR centre.

Yes, I'm using numpad 5 and it works if the Boundary is switched on. However, it doesn't work when my boundary is switched off in the Mixed Reality Portal and the DCS menu is at my feet with noway to get it back to head height. Pressing numpad 5 with it of no-longer centres me and doesn't do anything until I switch the boundary back on.

Does this happen every time you fire the game up? I have this problem very occasionally but it usually is because I forgot and was looking around while the game was starting. If I look straight ahead until the screen loads I'm ok. If I forget and look around(turn my head) the menu can be anywhere, up high, down low, left or right depending on where I happened to be looking. If I look straight ahead no problems. Hope your fix is this simple.

Does this happen every time you fire the game up? I have this problem very occasionally but it usually is because I forgot and was looking around while the game was starting. If I look straight ahead until the screen loads I'm ok. If I forget and look around(turn my head) the menu can be anywhere, up high, down low, left or right depending on where I happened to be looking. If I look straight ahead no problems. Hope your fix is this simple.

No, it happens even if my head is still. If you have WMR can you test this by switching off your boundary in Mixed Reality Portal and pressing numpad 5. You won't lose the boundary because it comes back on when the Miixed Reality Portal is started again, but just to test it for me.

• ED Team

Could it be you are seeing steamVR room boundaries?

picture below in steamVR setting > developer > view room overview

untick show in headset

Capturesteamvr.thumb.PNG.1ce61cfe2c0f24b2db0a99bbb91fcec4.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Could it be you are seeing steamVR room boundaries?

picture below in steamVR setting > developer > view room overview

untick show in headset

Thanks I'll take a look at that, but I have managed to fixed it now by plugging my HP Reverb usb into a powered usb hub. I did have it plugged into an inateck powered pic usb card, but the HP Reverb doesn't like this card it seems. I've had no problems with it now plugged into a powered hub instead.

• ED Team
Thanks I'll take a look at that, but I have managed to fixed it now by plugging my HP Reverb usb into a powered usb hub. I did have it plugged into an inateck powered pic usb card, but the HP Reverb doesn't like this card it seems. I've had no problems with it now plugged into a powered hub instead.

Hey that is good news, thanks for letting us know :thumbup: