Modern Air combat

ebabil

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is a light sim game apart from dcs

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Makes sense. FC was FC because Ubisoft owned the LOMAC name. Good way to go back to the roots.

I have a few questions though:

1. While FC3 owners get a discount, is there any upside to this if we already have the full fidelity modules and theaters?
  2. Are there any improvements to the original FC3 aircraft that will require MAC?
  3. How will the full fidelity vs MAC aircraft like the MiG-21 be handled in multiplayer? Will servers or mission builders have the option to require the full fidelity module in a slot?

It would be easier for us to understand what MAC is about by presenting the differences (limitations) compared to DCS.

I think we're over complicating it. It seems to be just the FC4 - aka FC3 plus a few new planes - aka DCS arcade mode, packaged in new branding "MAC" for a marketing purpose.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

As far as I understand it doesn't really mean anything for FC3 users. You keep it and can fly the planes you have. That's all. If you wan't to play some of the new simplified planes you'll have to get the MAC but as there are already many planes in that package that FC3 owners already have, ED will offer MAC to them at a discounted price.

Edit: seems the question got deleted in the mean time.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Well I think it's quite obvious: it's an expansion of FC3: most of its modules are FC3 ones, in addition you'll have FC3 level F5-E, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-21 and L-39ZA; plus a limited part of NTTR and Persian Gulf map. Since I already own full DCS level F-5E, L-39 and full NTTR and I'll buy for sure Persian Gulf in the future, it could be a taste of Korea era jets and Mig-21 (that are not at the top of my wishlist). As I already own FC3, it will depend on how much the "greater discount" will be for FC3 owners. Anyway, not a high priority purchase for me.

I think we're over complicating it. It seems to be just the FC4 - aka FC3 plus a few new planes + part of additional maps - aka DCS arcade mode, packaged in new branding "MAC" for a marketing purpose.

+1

For who do not use full fidelity DCS and new potential customer that aim to something simplier that "n modules + n sceneries + n complexity levels"... it's a very good thing imho.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Not as bad as I thought, I thought FC4 (MAC now) would bring A-10C, Viggen, Harrier and other FF modules to a lower fidelity package. (Yes, L-39, F-5E, and MiG-21 are FF modules but not a biggie IMHO).

A dedicated server is a good news.

MAC not so much for me. Might be for other players out there seeking light sim aircraft.

And ED didn't put any effort on this it seems, which is great for them because they will make a lot of money. Since all aircraft on that list already exist in DCS. Good for them. I hope this means more FF modules too.

Edited by Vitormouraa

• ED Team

It will be simplified cockpits like FC3

MAC will give new users and casual simmers a great deal for dipping their toes into the DCS world

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In the end, I think this will be good for DCS. My only worry is that I will be tempted to pick up this package instead of the Full F-5E due to being a bit low of funds.

That said, If I can get my mates flying with me on PvE servers, more power to ED. Also Dedicated Servers. Nice.

signature.png

not a high priority purchase for me.

Nevertheless, if the "greater discount" will be great enough, to spend a few bucks to have simplified versions of some planes can come in handy for some reasons.

Anyway, at the end a good ED choice IMHO. The more complex airframes continue to be full modules, if you are a new player you can taste different era aircraft / combat styles by purchasing a single module with something more than present FC3. I can imagine a F-5 without startup procedures and fuel management, but with a full implemented radar with a simplified switch between attack modes.

Edited by nessuno0505

Assumption 1: All of these AC have simple non-clickable cockpits?

Assumption 2: if so, we will be able to buy the new ones separately for DCS?

I have the FC3 F-15 and Su27 and i've always loved them. I have the Hornet, L39, Mig-21, F86 etc but i really value the idea behind Flaming cliffs. i hope every jet would eventually be released as non-clicky simple systems with same flight dynamics as the premium version.

I am looking forward to buy a Mig-15 with very reduced price (like 3 usd i got the F15!) to have fun with it and explore the flight dynamics! Zero interest in cockpit buttons on that one!

Seems to me like DCS world with a few bundled aircraft and terrains - aka 'Modern Air Combat'.

Where is the confusion?

Seems so, but it is not clearly stated. Previously, when "new" products like "F-15C for DCS World" have been announced, it was explained present owners of FC3 do not have to buy it, because it is identical to that in FC3. I'm missing something like that this time...

OT: I have not been here for a few years at least, but I see I have 100% warning! LOL, how did I earn that?

I really don't get how people are being 'confused' @@ It's a rebrand of Flaming Cliffs with a few extra downgraded aircraft.

What does it mean for you? Nothing unless you want the downgraded versions of those aircraft.

Why? Because they want to, and because it's cheaper to reuse assets than make new ones.

I like this! Good, you're probably the target audience.

I don't like this! You're not the target audience then, obviously. Move along.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2