DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Which I’m sure would still be an option but I think there are a lot that like the realism factor of the whole process.....isnt the enhanced realism the whole point of the carrier module?

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

Which I’m sure would still be an option but I think there are a lot that like the realism factor of the whole process.....isnt the enhanced realism the whole point of the carrier module?

Only if you like sitting at your desk watching nothing (more accurately, routine things) happen for an hour. :music_whistling:

It's not entirely unlike sitting in the waiting room of a hospital, only it smells worse, you're dying from the heat in warm climates, and you can't get up to stretch your legs.

It looks glamorous at this end, but too much realism is probably too much.

What are the key differences between the various CVNs that are modelled? I don't really know much variance there is in the Nimitz class carriers, so I'm curious about what to expect.

(I apologise if this has already been covered somewhere, but this is a looooong thread now)

The three being modeled are of the Roosevelt subclass of the Nimitz, of which there are 5 total, including CVN-74 (Stennis currently in game) and CVN-75. They have improvements over the 3 previous carriers, the Nimitz subclass, CVN-68 to 70, as improvements are always learned after the fact.

The last two are the Reagan subclass I believe it is, with further changes/improvements.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

The three being modeled are of the Roosevelt subclass of the Nimitz, of which there are 5 total, including CVN-74 (Stennis currently in game) and CVN-75. They have improvements over the 3 previous carriers, the Nimitz subclass, CVN-68 to 70, as improvements are always learned after the fact.

The last two are the Reagan subclass I believe it is, with further changes/improvements.

Thanks for the response, Steve. I was really just curious about the most significant/visible differences between the three. Do they have different deck layouts, for example, or are the differences more subtle than that?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Thanks for the response, Steve. I was really just curious about the most significant/visible differences between the three. Do they have different deck layouts, for example, or are the differences more subtle than that?

I think the differences are subtle. Think. :) Sure, there will be correct deck markings for each, CVN-71's deck is in the video, along with correct crewman markings, but I believe the three are pretty much built identical, hull wise.

Even has the steering pole. :D

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Wow this is looking awesome, can't wait!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This is beyond words...The animations are so good, at times I couldn't tell it was a "game" and not real life. I can't wait to try how it will work in practice, such as how the dynamic deck crew will get out of the way, or whether we'll have different radio channels for departure, marshal, and approach, etc...

This is the first time in 9 years DCS that i HYPERVENTILIZE :eek:

Really, i am so looking forward to a living flight deck and a reasonable ATC

I made a little GIF Exciting times ahead!!thumbup.gif

64-AF02-E2-C6-CE-4-F82-A60-D-E2520-F4-D999-C.gif

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :bounce:

Edited by Ganesh
gif added

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Awesome job guys ! Concerning water rendering, dont you think is too clear ? Perhaps its an observation of mine but looking the carrier from above high the red keel submerged is perfectly visible . My question, is not desirable a darker sea looking? and even more, when the multiple cloud layers see the light, why dont SLAVE the sea apearance and color + state to the sky conditions.

Best rgds.

Super excited for this, not into Motley crew at all but in this case it was done so right, well done! Awesome trailer! Take my bloody money please!

I am looking forward to this module more than any other from ED yet (except maybe the Hornet, but hand in hand right?).

Cant wait!!! :D

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Awesome job guys ! Concerning water rendering, dont you think is too clear ? Perhaps its an observation of mine but looking the carrier from above high the red keel submerged is perfectly visible . My question, is not desirable a darker sea looking? and even more, when the multiple cloud layers see the light, why dont SLAVE the sea apearance and color + state to the sky conditions.

Best rgds.

Well wel. There are new clouds coming that shadowcast on land and sea. Problem fixed. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

With all these hand signals happening around you, wouldn't it be nice if VR controls were available to interact with the crews with your own hand signals.:noexpression:

BTW, anyone knows of any work being done in that direction... anywhere?

My first thought "there is the one who goes crazy", then "IR transflective fingernail polish!!"

Two cameras should do.

My first thought "there is the one who goes crazy", then "IR transflective fingernail polish!!"

Two cameras should do.

You laugh, but Occulus is actually working on active hand tracking. https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-hand-tracking-on-oculus-quest-bringing-your-real-hands-into-vr/?locale=en_US

We're living in the future now, bois.

You laugh, but Occulus is actually working on active hand tracking. https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-hand-tracking-on-oculus-quest-bringing-your-real-hands-into-vr/?locale=en_US

We're living in the future now, bois.

Well, I noticed a new item under a Haptic glove tab in the settings but I've been around here for a while so... I'm not squealing in excitement yet :bored:

With all these hand signals happening around you, wouldn't it be nice if VR controls were available to interact with the crews with your own hand signals.:noexpression:

BTW, anyone knows of any work being done in that direction... anywhere?

There is something already usable, Leap Motion with DCLeap Mod!

Check it out, i just bought a used Leap Motion device yesterday just to try this out! You can get hooked to the catapult by just raising your thumb, and to get shot off the carrier, you salute :)

Pretty cool stuff for now!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306533/

Sorry if this has been asked before somewhere in the 55 previous pages :D

Will the supercarrier deck actually be larger in size than the Stennis?

Each time I'm on deck of the Stennis (in VR), it all just feels so small and narrow. I've never been on a real US carrier deck, but I always imagined it to be more stunningly large.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Each time I'm on deck of the Stennis (in VR), it all just feels so small and narrow. I've never been on a real US carrier deck, but I always imagined it to be more stunningly large.

We hope it'll be the right size. That means difference of a few meters so not something that'll change your feelings. Eject and walk around the deck between parked aircraft - does it feel any bigger then?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3693642&postcount=7

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Sorry if this has been asked before somewhere in the 55 previous pages :D

Speaking from experience of US carrier flight decks, it IS stunningly large, and it feels that way until you put aircraft and GSE on it. Walking around on a carrier flight deck underway is often an exercise in ducking under wings and stepping over tie-down chains. It feels crowded, and when I was stationed aboard one as ship's company, we always had airplanes overhanging the deck edge, a clear indication that as big as the deck is, it's still not quite big enough..

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann