[BUG] RIO Controls stop working after Join in Progress

KingKenny04

I'm having a problem where all RIO controls stop working when joining a plane already flying in multiplayer.

Controls were working normally on the ground during our startup, however my DCS crashed and I had to rejoin after my pilot was already airborne. After rejoining and waiting for textures to load back in, I noticed that none of my control inputs were responding. I pulled up the control options menu and confirmed that the controls were still mapped and responding in the menu (i.e. they highlight in the menu when you operate them), however they would not respond in the cockpit. I attempted to remap the controls with no success. I also attempted to use the default keyboard commands which also did not respond. Lastly, I attempted quitting out of DCS, restarting my computer, rejoining the server, and slotting back in with my friend, and the controls would still not respond.

Edited by IronMike

I came here to report the issue as well. Another detail about this bug is that it seems to happen if the pilot has spawned the aircraft before the RIO has connected to the server. So even on the ground if the RIO connects the controls won't work.

I'll test this later myself and see if it's happening to me too.

I came here to report the issue as well. Another detail about this bug is that it seems to happen if the pilot has spawned the aircraft before the RIO has connected to the server. So even on the ground if the RIO connects the controls won't work.

That makes sense with my experience. I joined in progress as RIO after being connected before the pilot connected, and had no issues. I crashed, joined in progress again and was locked out of the controls and noticed that the RWR wasn't working either, though that may have been due to damage while I was gone.

The plane damage state was also reverted prior to the repair I witnessed, and I could also access the pilots weapon selector and was able to fire the cannon, though it seemed entirely client-side.