Campaign: Georgian Havoc

igormk

Still hard to finish it, huh? :P

After I made the changes to the mission, I actually didn’t try it, but I had offer from another forum member to test the mission, which he did. He passed it (but not too easy) on the first try I believe, and he sent me his .trk file. I watched it and it was very good flying, and good outcome of the mission.

BTW, I have checked in the mission editor, and actually Russian defensive forces are already skilled as “Excellent”, while Georgian attacking forces are already “Average” (being lowest standard) or “Good”. So not too much space for changes here.

My intention was that this mission is not too easy. The idea was to make pilots really sweat to pass it. I think I achieved that goal! ;)

If you want I can find and attach the .trk file of the mission tester (of course with his permission). Really good flying and you can learn many things on being the flight leader of three-ship from it.

What about the other missions in v1.1? Have anybody tried some other mission?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still hard to finish it, huh? :P

After I made the changes to the mission, I actually didn’t try it, but I had offer from another forum member to test the mission, which he did. He passed it (but not too easy) on the first try I believe, and he sent me his .trk file. I watched it and it was very good flying, and good outcome of the mission.

BTW, I have checked in the mission editor, and actually Russian defensive forces are already skilled as “Excellent”, while Georgian attacking forces are already “Average” (being lowest standard) or “Good”. So not too much space for changes here.

My intention was that this mission is not too easy. The idea was to make pilots really sweat to pass it. I think I achieved that goal! ;)

If you want I can find and attach the .trk file of the mission tester (of course with his permission). Really good flying and you can learn many things on being the flight leader of three-ship from it.

What about the other missions in v1.1? Have anybody tried some other mission?

I too, after some head scratching, had a look at the unit skills and I saw that too. :)

It is definitely difficult and does make one sweat, but I think my trouble is, again, purely caused by stupid wingmen AI. If I can get both to reliably engage, this mission should be no problem. :)

Sigh... Wingman Y U NO ATTACK GEORGIANS?!

Sigh... Wingman Y U NO ATTACK GEORGIANS?!

Wingman: I don't take no orders from you crazy fools. :lol:

Attempt no.2 on that mission, ended up with one BMP-2 defending against about two tanks and two IFV's. My entire flight crashed even though no.2 didn't do anything. He was reporting threats just not making them go boom with the Vikhr's. Taking out the BMP's and strelas is definitley what to do first. Tanks don't do much.

When a failed rocket run, (who cares about ROE) ended i decided i'd go re arm. Would have been fine if I hadn't gone low altitude over the lake, don't know what happened but the lake suddenly looked about 10 metres higher and I crashed. BTW , command promised me backup, maybe I didn't wait long enough but it didn't appear. EDIT: My bad. The message says there isn't backup. I misread it the first time. Whoops.: Still, it's a laugh.

Edited by Jona33

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

For those who have problems with mission ATO 3.2 here is the download link of the track of the mission successfully flown by slug88 (thanks mate!!!).

http://www.mediafire.com/?iit836fchqy14k6

Once again (if you have time) there is a lot to learn from about weapon and wingman management from this track. ATO 3.2 was ultimate test on that one... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, this is weird. I definitely wrote a comment saying I finished the fightback one and the CSAR. But it's not here. And I am sure I wrote it. Anyway. I also wrote that if you order your 2nd wingman (number three) to attack and then order no.2 to attack it works. I destroyed my wheels at rearm but the second attack was repulsed. Basically all my wingman did was mop up the tanks I left while destroying the BMP's. Their the real problem. Knock em out first and you'll be OK. On the CSAR mission I used 72 rockets just for that small group of guys, whoops! :)

For those who have problems with mission ATO 3.2 here is the download link of the track of the mission successfully flown by slug88 (thanks mate!!!).

http://www.mediafire.com/?iit836fchqy14k6

Once again (if you have time) there is a lot to learn from about weapon and wingman management from this track. ATO 3.2 was ultimate test on that one... ;)

This is weird...I watched the track and everything looked fine until he comes to his defending area, he sends out his wingmans to engage, he then start engaing some of the tanks, he dont care about the air defense units, and finally he start messing around with the ABRIS and get shot down by a strela.. How can he be sucessfull in your track and not mine??

I started v1.1 Campaign from the beginning and it does play better then 1.0. This particular mission however is more tough!! :D

I passed it with no problems in 1.0, but now... It´s more of a challenge.

Only tried it two times, but i will post here once i finish it.

This is weird...I watched the track and everything looked fine until he comes to his defending area, he sends out his wingmans to engage, he then start engaing some of the tanks, he dont care about the air defense units, and finally he start messing around with the ABRIS and get shot down by a strela.. How can he be sucessfull in your track and not mine??

Hmmm, this is weird... I can swear track was OK. Anyway, try Jona33's strategy in dealing with your wingman. Team play is crucial in this mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished the 1.1 campaign under patch 1.1. All missions ran perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to make the changes. My only comment on the downside is that the fog is too dense in the Anty Artsy mission. I reduced the density to (1), which made it playable.

Nice work

Thanks for the campaign igormk, only got as far as mission 5 or something but its been fun and atmospheric with all the voice acting and stuff.

I did notice one small issue right at the start of the first mission as one of a pair of fast movers seems to make a VERY heavy 'landing' next to the runway, this was with the 1.1 (uncompleted) version running in BS 1.0.2, I guess you know about this already though.

S!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry this one has taken a while. Haven't done very much recently. But here it is, it should be working and my advice is screw the startup checks and get the bird ready as soon as possible. I believe it's all working and I've checked it several times. GH-Evaluation.miz

Enjoy guys. (And report bugs.)

Another bit of advice is don't hang around while your leader does rocket runs he takes forever to do them.