List of modules that have gone keyless?

imacken

Is there a list somewhere of the modules that have gone keyless?

I know most have, and they tend to be listed in changelogs, but awkward to find.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I can list the modules I have.

With serial number:

• L-39 Albatros
  • MiG-21bis
  • NS430 Navigation System

Without serial number ("keyless"):

• AV-8B Night Attack
  • NS430 Navigation System for L-39 cockpit
  • L-39 Albatros: Kursant (campaign)

Thanks for that.

I really don't know why it is so hard to get a simple comprehensive list from ED on this. Not exactly a secret is it? On the other hand, maybe it is!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks for that.

I really don't know why it is so hard to get a simple comprehensive list from ED on this. Not exactly a secret is it? On the other hand, maybe it is!

New DCS modules don't have a serial number

All new modules after release of AV-8B and many new campaigns has No serial number because of the new protection system.

Your successful order in E-shop means that you have access to this module.

It's important to be logged with your account to DCS World game.

More information about new keys system here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196585

(Source: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/711/)

Chinook lover - Rober -

New DCS modules don't have a serial number

All new modules after release of AV-8B and many new campaigns has No serial number because of the new protection system.

Your successful order in E-shop means that you have access to this module.

It's important to be logged with your account to DCS World game.

More information about new keys system here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196585

(Source: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/711/)

I know all that. Lots of the old modules and campaigns have already been converted to keyless as per various changelogs over the last year or so. What I am asking, is there a list of modules that are now keyless?

I know all that. Lots of the old modules and campaigns have already been converted to keyless as per various changelogs over the last year or so. What I am asking, is there a list of modules that are now keyless?

You will need to find all the messages

Chinook lover - Rober -

I'm sure he knows all that. What he is looking for is a complete list of modules which still use serial numbers and modules which are "keyless". All in one place. I would find such list handy, too.

"DCS new modules" is kind of vague (I think Mirage was supposed to be the first "keyless" one).

I have an older list (from May 2018 ) of modules from Steam which still used StarForce - those had a serial number (so Steam purchased modules which can also be activated on DCS stand-alone). I guess it's safe to assume that all those are using serial numbers even when directly bought for the stand-alone version (from the DCS store).

The modules marked with a white bar use StarForce (so those should have a serial number):

moG64LD.png

I can list the modules I have...

:) this is the status for mine:

Keyless:

xdoWPIR.jpg

I've a minor mistake here .. one of the F-14 is actually the F/A-18 :)

Star Force:

2Xsqufj.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

OK, to that list I can add:

Keyless:

Aircraft -

Harrier

Hornet

Campaigns -

F-5E Aggressors Advanced Flight

Spitfire Operation Epsom

Spitfire IX The Big Show

Must be getting close to a full list now. What's missing?

hat's missing?

The Yak-52 (most likely KeyLess) and some of the newer Campaigns (likely KL too) ... the days of Star Force are numbered it seems :)

Only downside of KL is that pretty much requires Internet connection .. I dont really trust the Offline Mode yet.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

What difference does it make if you own the mod

None whatsoever!

The difference is that, when upgrading your PC or reinstalling Windows, there is no need to deactivate the modules that use Keyless protection.

The difference is that, when upgrading your PC or reinstalling Windows, there is no need to deactivate the modules that use Keyless protection.

As well as, Uniformity. A set standard protocol between all modules. Not half this, half that. Less trouble shooting when all on the same page.

For example, in a Company, you do not have 1st Platoon wearing one uniform of the day, 2nd Platoon wearing a different uniform of the day and, 3rd Platoon wearing another different uniform of the day.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

On the DCS module page it states if a module is keyless just above the more button

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

On the DCS module page it states if a module is keyless just above the more button

Unfortunately, that info is useless as it is totally inaccurate.

I think most modules are ported over already to the keyless system. If you bought a module that had starforce embedded, then its likely you will keep that serial until further notice. At least thats what my take is, as I have every module already - most since day 1 of release.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I think most modules are ported over already to the keyless system.

You can see from post #9, and others, that is not true. There are still quite a few that are not.

I think most modules are ported over already to the keyless system. If you bought a module that had starforce embedded, then its likely you will keep that serial until further notice. At least thats what my take is, as I have every module already - most since day 1 of release.

Yeah, I don't mind the process, just that I would get notified when the change happens to my existing starforce modules, and to see which of my modules are which method. That would avoid any issued and confusion

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Yeah, I don't mind the process, just that I would get notified when the change happens to my existing starforce modules, and to see which of my modules are which method. That would avoid any issued and confusion

For your own modules that's easy, in the Module Manager on the Installed tab you can see which modules have serial numbers and which don't.

For your own modules that's easy, in the Module Manager on the Installed tab you can see which modules have serial numbers and which don't.

Now that is a useful bit of info. Thanks.