Help regarding UH-1 Full ground tax procedure!?

Irishlad200000

Hi

I have the UH-1 module and have now got to grips with all the controls and systems!

What is the correct sequence from start to take off.

Is it?

Permission to start

Start up

Hover check

Taxi

Take off from runway

Do we take off from the same as planes IE from the edge of the runway?

Having some issues getting arc to acknowledge permission to take off!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So when I'm flying it depends on the situation. Probably 99% of the time I take off and depart directly to or from the ramp as the customer wants to save flight time and money. Occasionally I'll run into a busy airport where its not worth the hassle and chaos of trying to sneak in under the fixed wing traffic or if its a towered airport occasionally you run into a controller who insist on you flying a pattern and going to and from the runway.

If that helps, the DCS ATC system never really worked well for helicopters at all. For example, if you obtain permission to take-off from a FARP and then climb out, that particular control will be stuck in 'on the runway' mode - there is no way to contact them back for a proper landing.

4f147e46a53a12b5000247e258f30edc.jpg

Have been on and around helicopters in my old career, however have no clue in the procedures!

Nice photo. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

here is me doing the startup, taxi and take off in the oil field campaign for the mi-8.

I use the same procedure for the huey. although its a lot quicker in the huey :)

I actually find the huey easier to hover taxi than the mi-8 is to roll taxi.

you can roll the mi-8 over if you are not careful.

which is not an issue in a hovering huey.

I will take off from the ramp if there is no other traffic.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Thanks Quadg!

Will watch And attempt it!

I’ve been a passenger in all sorts of heli as an infantry air assault British soldier, so it’s quite funny I’m only learning the mechanics behind it now!

I had an incident in the balkans in a Lynx where there was a funny beeping noise and flares started discharging from the rear, then stomach in mouth evasive stuff! I only realise now it was more than likely a lock on from a manpad or other air defence system haha!

It is different in which part of the world you are.

In Europe, you may mostly be treated like an airplane. Espaccely if you are unknown to the controller.

In the US you have more freedom in your decisions.

But if you are not familiar with the airport, you may better off to behave like an airplane, for your one safety concerning local rules and regulations you may not be aware.

On the other hand. It depends heavily on your own confidence.

Let's say you Call tower that you are at the apron and you like to depart, you may get taxi information and take off from the runway.:(

If you call tower at the same airport, telling them you are a helicopter at Apron or any other place on the airfield, ready for upwind takeoff, western departure, request to cross the active runway, and it did not collide with regulations or interfere with other traffic, you may be cleared as requested.:thumbup:

The general rule is:

Be prepared. Tell him what you like to do. Don't ask for, what you shud do. He is not your mother. :smilewink:

But do exactly what the controller tells you to do (if possible).

You may ask for anything, but there is no room for debate.

always happy landings

Always happy landings ;)