DELETE PLEASE MODS

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess I need some help from you fine Gents, I tried using the mod with OvGME ( have several other mods I use with it) and everything seems to work except when I hit Lt Alt and F9 then esc and manual, a solid window with the huey manual shows up. I can see the B&W camera and zoom in and out, just no crosshairs to set up. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

PS, using Skatezilla's Utility I'm launching in V/R off and using the monitor mod option.

https://imgur.com/a/5o5ZUO1

Edited by Stache
add a pic

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is anyone here testing the TomCat and using this mission? I assume (and hoping) it will work :)

Thanks for the hard work on creating and releasing this mod @JAR! Hopefully I'll be found worthy eventually to join you on PlatCAM :D

I feel like this is an ME bug, but whenever I try to add a Tomcat it puts it on cat 4 and resets all the static objects to the center of the ship. Hope someone can fix that eventually!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

• 2 weeks later...
So I guess I need some help from you fine Gents, I tried using the mod with OvGME ( have several other mods I use with it) and everything seems to work except when I hit Lt Alt and F9 then esc and manual, a solid window with the huey manual shows up. I can see the B&W camera and zoom in and out, just no crosshairs to set up. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

PS, using Skatezilla's Utility I'm launching in V/R off and using the monitor mod option.

https://imgur.com/a/5o5ZUO1

I was having issue with this also. It depends on how you have OVGME set up. If you have the Configuration Root Folder set to, for example, "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta" then it will work, but if you have it set to "C:\Users\TraxusIV\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" then it will not. It seems that the files that are needed for this to work are not loaded from the saved games directory, due to integrity check issues (I think?), so they have to be placed in the root install directory instead.

Fortunately, OVGME allows for multiple setups. I have one for mods that can be installed into the saved games path, and a separate config for ones that need to be installed into the program files path, and they both pull from the same mods folder.

Cheers!

Trax

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

Zoom settings....

OK, I must be doing something very wrong.... I can get the mod working but the zoom is too far in. How can i set the zoom level so when i change views it wont be zoomed full in..... also, is there a way i can set up 2 angles ie the deck overhead view and the deck PLAT Camera view......

Edited by Shand359

OK, I must be doing something very wrong.... I can get the mod working but the zoom is too far in. How can i set the zoom level so when i change views it wont be zoomed full in..... also, is there a way i can set up 2 angles ie the deck overhead view and the deck PLAT Camera view......

The zoom is quite high by default. Can you post a screenshot of what yours looks like with a hornet on approach? Say, set an ai coming in for a landing, pause, screen shot, then go to f10 view and measure the distance to the ship using the ruler? I can compare that to what it looks like on mine if you can get that.

As for multiple angles... I took a peak at the code and I don’t think it’s easily doable, but I’d love it if it were. Maybe the 113 guys can answer that.

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

• 2 weeks later...

Monitor Setup

Love the mod.. the immersion factor is off the charts.. great work. I installed the MOD and I do not have VR so I loaded the MONITOR version.. It loads fine and the Huey manual gives me the guide lines. My issue is that I have TrackIR and I'm trying to figure out how to make this work.. if I hold my head still and manually keep it aligned its fine. If I try to turn off TrackIR the view goes off alignment and Up (I think) so I cant even see the boat.. Can someone running this on a monitor give me the rundown on how you got it working .. THanks in advance

Hit num pad 5 to reset your view after you pause trackir. That should do it.

Edited by TraxusIV

For the monitor version I think the arrow is meaningless. You ought to be able to change the magnification by tampering with the files.

Is there anyway this could be run in a dedicated server type setup?

For example - one PC used for full DCS install

Another PC running dedicated server - with the LSO mod just displaying the LSO cam view on a monitor?

I am assuming it would not be possible as you would need various modules like the Huey to be installed as well and running.

Just an idea.

Scott

Another PC running dedicated server - with the LSO mod just displaying the LSO cam view on a monitor?

I am assuming it would not be possible as you would need various modules like the Huey to be installed as well and running.

Just an idea.

Scott

Yes, totally doable, but you’re right in your assumption that you’d have to have the modules installed. Further, you can only be signed in on one account at a time for instances of the game which display graphics (dedicated server in norender mode doesn’t count), so you’d have to have a dedicated account and pay for the maps again at a minimum. The Huey you could get away from by modifying the mod to use the tf-51 or su-25t instead. I’ve actually toyed with the idea of setting up a 24/7 LSO twitch stream, but haven’t figured out yet how to deal with server restarts.

Edited by TraxusIV

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I cannot find a way to close the Manual overlay once the mod is installed. The only way to get rid of the overlay is to exit the sim and then re-launch the program.

Am I missing something or is this not possible to just close the overlay (no X appears in the upper right corner after mod) when the mod is active?

Thanks.

Sim Rig: Intel i7 9700k, SSD, GTX1660Ti, 32 GB DDR4, Windows 10

HOTAS: TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Opentrack - DIY HeadTracker

IRL: Private Pilot - IFR, Part 107 Drone Pilot

Just an idea.

Scott

Just copy the manual info over to the Tf-51 and put a few of those into a mission. If you’re running on the Caucasus map, you don’t need to buy anything. Just set up an additional DCS world account and log the server into that.

I’ve done it lots and you can get neat stuff like this picture and picture

So, recently had some new flyers working on their case I's and I figured I would assist by running LSO. I have done so in the past with no issue. This time, however, I was not able to zoom back to line up the monitor crosshair correctly. I tried everything I could think of...game was not paused, everything else was working just fine but once I switched to the LSO view and put up the manual crosshair, I was unable to zoom back with right ctrl + /. Any ideas?

So, recently had some new flyers working on their case I's and I figured I would assist by running LSO. I have done so in the past with no issue. This time, however, I was not able to zoom back to line up the monitor crosshair correctly. I tried everything I could think of...game was not paused, everything else was working just fine but once I switched to the LSO view and put up the manual crosshair, I was unable to zoom back with right ctrl + /. Any ideas?

ED disabled the zoom feature and have zero interest in fixing it. See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243126

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...