F18 MFD exports now work with a very quick tweak.

Cowboy10uk

it worked thanks

why this thing changed ?

My guess would be that it's part of the standardization. Easier to call it center_MFCD than be so specific.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Lobo.

What is the size and resolution of your lower screen that the MFD's are attached to?

Thanks!

Also very interested in this info :pilotfly:

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i5-7600K CPU |32 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti Gaming 12 GB| 55" 4K | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil MongoosT-50 | BRD Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Exporting thrustmaster MFD's

Hi guys Need a little help on exporting MFD's to the Thrustmaster 5" displays. The thread says the DDI's are exportable now but when I go in to game Systems (in game) I see the following in the dropdown list for monitors

SYSTEM

Monitors----------------- 1 screen (selected)

(choice)------------------3 screen (not selected)

camera + LMFCD --------(on right side)

camera + LMFCD

camera + LMFCD automatic placement

camera + RMFCD _______(on left side)

camera + RMFCD

camera + RMFCD automatic placement

MFCD

Stereo

Resolution ______________1920x1080

Aspect Ratio-------------------16:9

Cockpit Displays---------------1024

So to get the MFD's to display in the F 18 sim which program do I need to select? And is there any thing else, that I have to do to get the screens to display the in cockpit DDI's.

I'm not a computer nerd so a little help would be great help. Been searching on the forum and found a post that " stated monitor set up make sure script is using Left_MFCD and Right_MFCD viewport labels" but that is not listed in the dropdown list, so I need a little help, hell I need a lot of help!!!

Have you read this thread?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

It's quite old but hope it helps.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

coldViper thanks for the reminder, read it long ago and had forgotten about it. I read that Wags had resolved the export problem or it was on the way and with the change in the System page I assume he had activated that change. The last time I tried to activate my 2 MFD's with the A-10C model I got 1/3 screen missing and could not access the EXIT button to get out of it and that was crazy. Had to write the developers to get out of it so I could even play DCS. So I was hoping that Wags had solved the export problem. I guess I will have to take another look at that post and see what I can do with it. Thanks for the reminder.

Finally got Left and Right MFD's (DDI's) working on my 2nd monitor and placed just where I want them. However, I can't export The AMPCD within my 3rd TMMFD. I've read a ton of posts but, nothing seems to work. I'm trying to export the AMPCD outside of Helios as I've done with the L & R DDI's using JSGME. Also want to follow with IFEI and RWR placements on 2nd monitor - outside of Helios. I plan to populate the rest of the instrument panels using Capt. Zeen's Helios profile as soon as I crack the AMPCD/IFEI/RWR export issue. Could use some clear guidance here. Thanks in advance for your help Guys. You're the best.

TEWS init file located at DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\indicator

Add the following lines using Notepad++ or other programming-related text editor

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("F18TEWS")

Create the F18TEWS viewport in your monitor config .lua at the desired position. NOTE: by default, the lines are not clearly visible in both the cockpit and export. Default settings are fine in the pit, but don't show well on the export screen. Setting line thickness to 7 works well for my export screen, but becomes illegible in the cockpit. This was a non-issue for me as I reference my export screen exclusively for these instruments but just something to keep in mind.

AMPCD init file located at DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator

Add the following lines using Notepad++

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18CENTER")

Add the F18CENTER viewport to your monitor config lua at the desired position.

IFIE init file found at F:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\IFEI\indicator

Add the following lines using Notepad++

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18IFEI")

Add the F18IFEI viewport to your monitor config lua at the desired position.

Thanks for the quick response FeeFiFoFum. Now that's what I call a clear, definitive, detailed and, unambiguous "HOW TO" directions. However, a couple of quick questions:

On which line do I insert the "dofile" ?

Please take a look at my AMPCD lua below:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/MDG_materials.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua") try_find_assigned_viewport("F18_AMPCD")

opacity_sensitive_materials =

{

MDG_font_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),

MDG_material_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

"font_MPD_DMC_outline",

"font_MPD_DMC_main",

}

-- Parameters handling functions

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/InitParams.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

-- for test purposes HUD only added

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

-- Parameters to customize common symbology properties

writeParameter("MDG_init_specifics", LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/AMPCD/indicator/AMPCD_specifics.lua")

writeParameter("MDG_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 8)

-- page specific for the indicator, implements indicator border/FOV

BasePage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_base.lua"

-- Cautions/Advisories and MENU label

IndicatorSpecificPage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/CautAdvAndMenuPage.lua"

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_AdvisoriesDefs.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Common_init.lua")

------------------------ added by Capt Zeen

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua") try_find_assigned_viewport("F18_AMPCD")

------------------------------------- end of added by Capt Zeen

--ViewportHandling

----------------------------------------------------------------------

local w = LockOn_Options.screen.width;

local h = LockOn_Options.screen.height;

if LockOn_Options.screen.oculus_rift then

local ui_x,ui_y,ui_w,ui_h = get_UIMainView()

w = ui_w;

h = ui_h;

end

local size = 0.5 * h

if size > h then

size = h

end

if size > 0.5 * w then

size = 0.5 * w

end

dedicated_viewport = {0.5 * w - 0.5 * size,h - size,size,size}

dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport

try_find_assigned_viewport("CENTER_MFCD")

The issue you are having is likely due to repeated calls to viewporthandling and multiple viewport names.

At the top you have:

Halfway down you have

------------------------ added by Capt Zeen 

------------------------------------- end of added by Capt Zeen

And at the bottom you have

Basically looks like you used a workaround from before display exports were officially supported, plus ED's official inclusion of exports, plus maybe something you tried to add yourself.

Edited by feefifofum

(1) call to viewport handling

(1) viewport name is all you need. You can call it "poop" if you want as long as you define the "poop" viewport in your monitor setup .lua ;)

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/MDG_materials.lua")

{
"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",
"font_MPD_DMC_outline",
"font_MPD_DMC_main",
}

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/InitParams.lua")

purposes	= {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

writeParameter("MDG_init_specifics", LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/AMPCD/indicator/AMPCD_specifics.lua")
writeParameter("MDG_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 

BasePage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_base.lua"
IndicatorSpecificPage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/CautAdvAndMenuPage.lua"
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_AdvisoriesDefs.lua")
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Common_init.lua")

--ViewportHandling

w = ui_w;
h = ui_h;
end	

local size = 0.5 * h
if size > h then
size = h
end
if size > 0.5 * w then
size = 0.5 * w
end

try_find_assigned_viewport("whatever")

Edited by feefifofum

OK, here's my AMPCD lua:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua") try_find_assigned_viewport("CENTER_MFCD")

{

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

"font_MPD_DMC_outline",

"font_MPD_DMC_main",

}

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

writeParameter("MDG_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 8)

--ViewportHandling

w = ui_w;

h = ui_h;

end

local size = 0.5 * h

if size > h then

size = h

end

if size > 0.5 * w then

size = 0.5 * w

end

And here's my Monitor Setup lua:

--***DO NOT MODIFY THESE COMMENT LINES***

--A10CVirtualCockpitServer v0.0.0.0

--LOCATION Config\MonitorSetup

--HOOKTO

--Monitor lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('FA18C Virtual Cockpit Server');

Description = 'Setup for FA18C Virtual Cockpit Server MFCD and AMPCD Exports.'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 1;

width = 3440;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 2.9;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1257;

y = 1758;

width = 312;

height = 312;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2177;

y = 1730;

width = 312;

height = 312;

}

--AMPCD

CENTER_MFCD =

{

x = 1405;

y = 1770;

width = 315;

height = 312;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Looks like you have "commented out" your AMPCD CENTER_MFCD in your monitor setup. It shows two -- infront of AMPCD CENTER_MFCD=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Hi Sarge55:

I believe you've peg it for me. After I made the change in my Monitor Setup, I not only didn't get the AMPCD exported to me second monitor, I lost the in-game cockpit AMPCD render as well. To be frank, I'm throwing sh.t on to wall and hoping it sticks. So, if I may put the beg on you - would you kindly advise exactly what changes I should make. And equally as important - where the changes should be made (both in my AMPCD lua and Monitor Setup lua). FeeFiFoFum has been a tremendous help but, I'd appreciate your further input as well. The more eyes on this the better.

Thanks in advance. Keep em Fly'n.

Hi Mike,

I'm not a programmer, just picked up a few things along the way after many years playing with DCS.

Here is the monitor setup file I use for my Hornet and Harrier export. DCS will ignore the Harrier settings so you can leave them in or delete if you wish.

You will have to modify the x,y locations to match your setup.

I have a 4240x1080 setup, monitor one is 2560x1080 and monitor 2 (exported to) is 1680x1050. I have 4 Cougar MFD's afixed to my lower monitor so the exports are located to display inside them hence the odd size and placement.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Harrier Hornet');

Description = 'Harrier,F-18C';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 2560;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 2.3703703703704;

}

}

-- Harrier

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 2560;

y = 12;

width = 380;

height = 380;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3850;

y = 3;

width = 380;

height = 380;

}

-- F-18C

F18_LEFT =

{

x = 2555;

y = 0;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

F18_RIGHT =

{

x = 3840;

y = 0;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

F18_RWR =

{

x = 3850;

y = 420;

width = 200;

height = 200;

}

F18_AMPCD =

{

x = 3200;

y = 280;

width = 410;

height = 380;

}

F18_IFEI =

{

x = 3110;

y = 0;

width = 450;

height = 200;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

I've attached the .init file for the AMPCD. I've also attached the IFEI .init I find it handy having it more visible. Eyes are starting to go being on the wrong side of 60...

I should say just in case you're not aware, use Notepad++ to make changes to your files. You'll have to ask a programmer what the difference is between Windows Notepad and Notepad++ but apparently it can screw up the modifications.

BTW I use OvJME to uninstall and re-install my mods when there is an update. Makes it a lot easier.

If you have any questions I'll check back again or PM me.

Harrier Hornet.lua

AMPCD_init.lua

IFEI_init.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Hi again Sarge:

Thanks a bunch for working on this with me. You're providing me with a clearer understanding of the mod process. Its really appreciated.

I've implemented your AMPCD lua, along with your monitor setup lua (minius Harrier). Still no joy on AMPCD placement on second monitor.

Quick question though. Do I have to pass these lua's through JSGME or OvJME first?

Because even though I've changed the scripts to mirror your's, my F18C saved lua is not showing up in my in game options monitor setup pulldown. BTW, I'm also using Notepad ++. And we've got something else in common. I'm also north of sixty, kissing 68.

Note:

My primary is a Dell Curved 34" @ 3440x1440 and, secondary

AMPCD_init.lua

FA18C.lua

Thanks again, and hope to chat soon.