Operation New Detente - Teaser Mission 1- Gazelle - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 06:56 AM   #11
Varis

Somehow I thought Gazelle L would do something like Mission 5 when it comes to actual combat. Before that I thought it'd fit well in some kind of a James Bond scenario

Obviously some good mission writing - looking forward to the campaign!

Last edited by Varis; 10-23-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:29 PM   #12
SUNTSAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerNL View Post
Finally got around to play the first mission, even though I just transported two guys from A to B I loved it. How's the rest of the missions coming along? Any news on this?
Hi DrummerNL,

There did not appear to be much interest in a new Gazelle campaign, based on the lack of feedback in this post, so I didn't post any further missions.

I always start off campaigns with a natural build up to eventual engagements I feel that is more realistic and adds to the story telling. Cheers
Old 12-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #13
Rudel_chw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNTSAG View Post
There did not appear to be much interest in a new Gazelle campaign, based on the lack of feedback in this post, so I didn't post any further missions.

That is a pity

... I do own the Gazelle, but have to admit that I purchased her on 2016 mostly to support the developer and have not yet learned to fly her

I saved your first mission anyway, just in case I find the time to learn the Gazelle at last

Best regards and thanks a lot for all the things that you contribute to this hobby

Eduardo
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:08 AM   #14
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNTSAG View Post
Hi DrummerNL,

Hey SUNTSAG, I know it sometimes feels like you're playing to an empty room, but don't let that discourage you too much...even though you only get one or two (if that many) people who show up to say thanks, it doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of interest.

I see my missions running on MP servers even through in some cases the threads just look like me talking to myself...it's safe to say yours are out there being appreciated, a lot of people just aren't vocal about it.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #15
sc_neo

Oh...thats unfortunate. I am pretty certain a lot of people would appreciate a campaign for the Gazelle, even if too few voice that here. May i ask, how many missions have you finished?

Last edited by sc_neo; 12-07-2018 at 09:09 PM.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:47 PM   #16
SUNTSAG

Based on the comments of those far more experienced than I, when it comes to releasing missions (for which I thank you). Here is mission 2 as well as the PDF briefing docs. Please enjoy. I have 5 missions completed so far.

PDF Mission Briefings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mOH...ew?usp=sharing

Mission 2 - Exodus:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uqp...ew?usp=sharing
Old 12-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #17
Rudel_chw

Really nice briefing .. thank you .. I saved it, if the Tomcat gets delayed I could start learning the Gazelle.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #18
sc_neo

Yep, i like the style of the briefing pdf very much
Old 12-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #19
Dave317

I'd love some more gazelle campaigns. I've just moved and haven't got my pc set up but as soon as i do I'll be downloading these.
Dave317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #20
sc_neo

So, i finally got back into the Gazelle and took her for a spin in the first mission. And i am bit rusty...so things took longer for me to get done, which brought a couple of issues to light that you maybe can improve on or change. But let me say first...i am hooked for more missions in this campaign! The setup and tone you have created in mission one kinda make you feel like you are really just part of a small detachment despite two carier groups sitting off shore, but if you can keep this feeling going in the other missions, that there is not a myriad of hightech material available and you as a Gazelle pilot matter to get it done. That would be a nice touch.

So here is some feedback that hopefully encourages you to keep going with the project

1. As i said, i am a bit rusty in the Gazelle, and playing it twice, both times i did not manage get the Gazelle properly started and joing my lead. I got the radio message, but it seems to me the russian lead helo just flys by and past and you have to get up in the air pretty much visual confirmation.

So since both countries cooperate on this one, could you maybe make this a radiochecked trigger? Let the russian helo come over to your ship and hover until you radio him to get going? Same for the departure to x-ray. I was busy fuzzing about my NADIR and he just left.

2. Which brings me to point two: its six digts per line. Again, not to firm about the NADIR and coordinates atm, but are those UTM or Geo coordinates?

3. The flare idea to point you where to touch down is nice, but a bit immersion breaking as well. Just me, but i prefer a burning flare on the ground or smoke...less like its new years eve.

4. When you are picking up the General and his attachè, hrm....where do you actually fit those dudes in the Sa-342L? Maybe you could change to the Sa-342 Mistral, shes got a whole nice backbench that easily fits two passengers.

And let me add; i really like all the voiceovers you added. May i ask, are those mostly text to speech or did you record some real world stuff?

Finally, how about you additionally make this a coop campaign? Imagine in the first mission in coop. One flys and MI-8 for the russians, and the other guy the Gazelle. And this would get even better with coming combat missions i reckon!

Anyway, i can only reiterate; i think this campaign can become really enjoyable and once it entails more missions, i am sure a lot of Gazelle pilots here will play it! Keep at it, cheers