Old 05-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #21
Tanö

It looks beautiful! :-)

Can´t wait for it!!!
Tanö is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:27 PM   #22
kyban3

Default Day/night cockpit brightness

Thank you for the replies and input everyone. Zeus, it appears this effects the HUD brightness as well, is this correct?
kyban3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:14 AM   #23
lukeXIII

Thought I'd quickly chime in here as I thought the MFD day/night buttons were broken as well. To everyone reading this PRESS RIGHT CLICK ON THE DAY/NIGHT MFD BUTTON. I thought that it was broken because I was left clicking on the night part and nothing was happening. Zeus maybe this could be implemented better seeing as everyone thought this was broken?

Also at the moment the day/night buttons only affect the symbology. The moving map is not affected by any brightness settings including the rotary dial. (Tested on Openbeta Night Training Missions)

Last edited by lukeXIII; 05-16-2020 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Clarifying better
lukeXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:24 AM   #24
Beltza

And what about the Flir vision in mfd or in Hud?
Old 05-16-2020, 01:43 AM   #25
lukeXIII

So further testing the brightness dials and mfd buttons only affect symbology and do not affect any sort of image or video that is displayed on either the MFDs or HUD (DMT, TPOD, MAP, MFD FLIR, HUD FLIR, IRMV).
Old 05-16-2020, 02:00 AM   #26
lukeXIII

Also the UFC Display Brightness Control dial only switches the display on and does not affect brightness.

https://youtu.be/hl6zqOmFwWo
Old 05-16-2020, 04:56 AM   #27
Dehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post
2. The slider idea was for you to determine how much the brightness will be reduced when you activate the night switch; 10, 20, 60% of set value. You don't like it, then it is not going to happen.
OK that makes sense and seems like a good idea.
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:48 AM   #28
Hawkeye_UK

Maybe pass back the feedback that the Slider is a very poor concept/solution and that the community is hostile as such. A slider would not allow to fly the harrier with changing light levels (that is unless we are meant to fly it middle of the day only). Seriously the MFD brightness buttons need to actually work.

Notice in the picture Zues posted there is no EHSD map showing, which is a concern as this is what is part of the problem as the map looks washed out and cannot be read.

HUD night flir no reference.

Can you confirm that as community manager this has been passed on?

As for PM a dev if we have questions, isn't that the whole concept of a community manager to liaise to actually allow the dev team to get on with their work, as in your role @Decoy.

Thanks

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil Warbrd Base | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones

Last edited by Hawkeye_UK; 05-18-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Hawkeye_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:22 AM   #29
Tiger-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post
Hello folks.
Please allow me to explain:
1. The Night/Day switch in the MPCD is working. If you set it to night, it reduces display brightness to 60% of current value.
2. The slider idea was for you to determine how much the brightness will be reduced when you activate the night switch; 10, 20, 60% of set value. You don't like it, then it is not going to happen.

Also, we are looking into other causes that may be affecting the brightness when the night switch is active.

Any chance of the brightness knobs actually functioning as expected? Not only in terms of click interaction, but function?

This works on the A-10C for example.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:15 PM   #30
Gianky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeXIII View Post
Thought I'd quickly chime in here as I thought the MFD day/night buttons were broken as well. To everyone reading this PRESS RIGHT CLICK ON THE DAY/NIGHT MFD BUTTON. I thought that it was broken because I was left clicking on the night part and nothing was happening. Zeus maybe this could be implemented better seeing as everyone thought this was broken?

Also at the moment the day/night buttons only affect the symbology. The moving map is not affected by any brightness settings including the rotary dial. (Tested on Openbeta Night Training Missions)
Luke, thank you very much for this! I thought that the day/night buttons were not functioning, too!
Gianky is offline   Reply With Quote