F-14 February Mini-Update

Cobra847

What I meant is, that the F-14A has the same capabilities as the B regarding PGMs. The A-variant flew in Afghanistan where it dropped GBUs during CAS missions in the early 2000s.

I think they lacked the digital bus so they weren't completely on the same level. But, either way, that was the upgraded F-14A with LTS support added (so, 1996+) and HB specifically stated that the F-14A they're doing will be a mid 80's standard, IIRC.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Tomcat is growing on me man, was never a fan of it till now."

What??? Are you from Libya or something?? Teehee.....

I don't know, I always thought it looked fat lol. But HB have enlightened me to its beauty. Plus I wanna shoot stuff really far away :P

I was inverted B)

I don't know, I always thought it looked fat lol. But HB have enlightened me to its beauty. Plus I wanna shoot stuff really far away :P

Fat? That thing is sleek and sexy and has it were it counts ;)

But seriously, the F4 is fat.

And shooting things from say, beyond your usual range of vision? With maybe...an Aim54?

"Chops"

She has more lift than any other fighter plane up to the F-22 IF she flies with a 4 AIM-9, and 4 AIM-7. She has more gas and range than everyone up to an F-15E. She has a longer range radar and longer range weapons that allow the kill shots to start upwards of 50 miles from the target......and finally she looks better than everything you've ever seen in the air.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

..and finally she looks better than everything you've ever seen in the air.

I agree 200% ... ... ... ... ... with one exception ... ... Mirage 2000 ;)

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

I feel like an addict waiting for the next small "taste." I was being so patient for so long, telling myself to hold on, it'll come eventually. Now that I can almost sense the arrival I'm getting impatient.

I know a lot of my other DCS modules will suffer as a result of the F-14 release. I mean come on, learning to take off, fly, land; and then learn it all again off a carrier! Then to learn the weapons etc....this thing will take a lot of my DCS time....heck it may take ALL of my DCS time once released.

Cobra, any more small "tastes" for us addicts? :)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

She has more lift than any other fighter plane up to the F-22 IF she flies with a 4 AIM-9, and 4 AIM-7. She has more gas and range than everyone up to an F-15E. She has a longer range radar and longer range weapons that allow the kill shots to start upwards of 50 miles from the target......and finally she looks better than everything you've ever seen in the air.

Noooo...As for the look, nothing equals the tornado. :music_whistling:

As for the rest, I agree with you. :thumbup:

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I really appreciate the update and especially like the prospects of the whole COOP aspect, neatly conveyed by the image chosen as well. Would it perhaps be possible we get the full size resolution screenshot? Although it showcases a WIP I think it more so displays the hard work you guys have put into the project!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

On the contrary..you need to be patient

I know, I know... But I'm so excited to fly this bird! And already have passed 3 years since the announcement... Hope it worth it! (Hope it comes before the hornet too! hahaha) :thumbup:

Dead serious, when I woke up today I looked at my phone and thought "Holy shit! It's March already..." My next thought was "Oh that's right, Heatblur said March was when we would start to see some more Tomcat stuff..."

These brief thoughts were immediately followed by one of "I wonder how long it will take some nutjob to post on the forums reminding HB of this claim?"

Good to see the DCS community never disappoints :doh:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Dead serious, when I woke up today I looked at my phone and thought "Holy shit! It's March already..." My next thought was "Oh that's right, Heatblur said March was when we would start to see some more Tomcat stuff..."

These brief thoughts were immediately followed by one of "I wonder how long it will take some nutjob to post on the forums reminding HB of this claim?"

Good to see the DCS community never disappoints :doh:

I think it's more realistic to expect the videos in around 2 weeks.

:music_whistling: